New Visitor

pop ups from Xfinity

Every time I log on I get a pop up from Xfinity tv which I don't want.  How do I prevent this pop up?  It is terribly annoying.  I have pop up block turned on. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: pop ups from Xfinity

Is this the pop up you get?  As of now, there is no way to block it, at least not that I can figure out. The only thing I can suggest is for you to go to the tv page, sign in, and see if that will stop it.

TV popup.PNG

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

Yes, this is the one I get.  Thanks  I guess I'll just have to put up with it and click close.  Thanks again

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

beachtobay,

Once you close it, the pop-up should not come back because it is saved by a cookie.

Make sure that you have cookies enabled and that cookies are not being deleted upon exiting your browser.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
dobrien-1

Get rid of the pop ups and extra advertisements or I get rid of you....simple.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

There is also this one when I go to the tv page. Thank you for confirming what I already knew:

That search allows me to do just that, that clicking On Your TV will give me the listings, and Watch Now really is for watching something on my computer.  As for the "update" that will allow me to do the things it said-I could do all those things BEFORE the "update".

Oh, and Continue to Xfinity TV really doesn't take me to another page. It simply gets rid of the box and the blue arrows and I stay on the same page. The x to close the box should be sufficient.

ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 22 17.24.gif

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor

[ Edited ]

Comcast obviously wants to anger and lose its customers.  Why else would they continue to plaster an annoying ad squarely in their customers face?  Every time they log into their browser.  My system is setup to remove cookies on exit and I have no intention of changing that setting.  Even more infuriating is when contacting "Customer Service".  Attempting to explain a simple popup is as difficult as explaining analytical calculus to someone that does not speak your language.

New Visitor
dobrien-1

No Joe...it should not have to work that way...I pay good money for this service....just get rid of the pop up. Bad enough I have to pay comcast to see ads on the page too! Garbage!

New Visitor

Ditto.  Fully agree  Get that pop up off our screens..

Visitor
rebotco22

Re: pop ups from XfinityTV

This pop up ad is very annoying. It is also very annoying that Comcast would not correct this immediately. I phoned Comcast tech support. They ran me through clearing cookies, cache, temp files etc. When that didn't resolve the problem I was told it is a problem with my computer probably a virus. Online chat at Comcast told me to download the Comcast toolbar and run the spyware feature. That made no sense. Comcast don't tell us to compromise our computers with cookie settings we don't want to suit your advertising. You have irritated and wasted a lot of your customers time in trying to resolve this issue. I don't even care what XfinityTV is after this hassle. Get it off our screen and let us go about our online business.

New Visitor
Odin7

[ Edited ]

Let me add my objection to Comcast's use of Roll Over to Play Ads on their Comcast.net website, which are also very annoying. Since this is my homepage for E-mail checking, the ads play automatically if your mouse runs across them. Clickable only ads PleaseI am already paying for this internet service and do not need to be harassed by these ads, which do not induce customer satisfaction, but rather irritation.

New Visitor
tanksalot

I agree with you! Every week it seems to get more annoying and slower. I pay $179.00 a month for triple play and hardly ever use my home phone ,comcast tv stinks,and the internet is so annoying that I dont even want to use it.I have been looking into verizon. I dont think its great either but a lot cheaper and less annoying ad wise. I could understand if we were getting a free service... they need to make money but to pay for this aggravation is crazy. the xfinity page is the newest pain and I read here to just change cookie settings...that is crazy..I set them that way for a reason and it applies to all!!!...I pay enough for my internet to cover my usage the ads are just more money for comcast!!. Everyone I know has gone from loving to hating your service.You have gotten very expensive,   and aggravating and if you dont change you will lose customers.Then another company will take your customers........it is called greed and many companies have fallen because of it.

New Visitor
deejpswing

how to set up pop ups settings

Recognized Contributor
CordeliaAnne

What browser are you using?

Contributor
Contributor

I'm sick of those pop-ups, too. They keep appearing at the top of the Comcast home page. Ads pop up on the right side too. When you try to open something you always get "dangerous site" warning from my security program. After several tries and dealing with this nonsense my email messages finally open. When deleting messages it takes forever for Comcast to delete them. Did not know the cause so I took my computer to Best Buy's Geek Squad. Surprise - - they hooked up my computer to their Comcast connection and none of this whoopey-do happened!  Time for Comcast to either stop this ad nonsense or face a class action law suit from consumers. In the meantime we need a better cable company to manage our email!Anyone want to join the game?

Recognized Contributor
CordeliaAnne

[ Edited ]

One thing I would suggest is getting Adblock Plus. Works well for me.

https://adblockplus.org