Visitor

"Uh-oh, you're not signed in" . . . THANKS, Captain Obvious!

I'd like to offer some feedback:  I really dislike the way that the log-in reminder on the xfinity.comcast.net main page is phrased:  "Uh-oh, you're not signed in."  I'm guessing that this is meant to be sort of casual and friendly, but it comes across as slightly chiding (uh-oh = you've done something wrong!) as well as an observation that really doesn't need to be made.  (Of COURSE I'm not logged in yet . . . that's why I'm on the MAIN PAGE. To LOG IN.) 

I don't know who thought this would be a good customer experience, but it is not.  Instead of adopting the tone of a slightly superior Captain Obvious, why not just simply invite me to log into my account?  I'd rather see a simple "Please log into your account here" than "Uh-oh, you're not signed in."

Thanks.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: "Uh-oh, you're not signed in" . . . THANKS, Captain Obvious!

hansonca96 wrote:

Instead of adopting the tone of a slightly superior Captain Obvious Obnoxious

Thanks.

That's what I think of it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor

Re: "Uh-oh, you're not signed in" . . . THANKS, Captain Obvious!

Here are some equivalents:

• Stepping to the ticket booth at a movie theater, cash in hand, and being told:  "You can't come in without a ticket!"
  • Calling the bank to check on my balance and having the recorded message say "We cannot give you any information because you are not an authorized customer.  To prove that you are an authorized customer, please enter your account number now."
  • Going out to dinner:  "Hi, my name is Kyle, I'll be your server tonight . . . if you've got money to pay, of course."

It's just silly for Comcast to begin its interaction with online customers with "Uh-oh, you're not logged in" rather than something along the lines of "Welcome! To access all the wonderful features of our website, please log in here."  Giving customers the "uh-oh" response makes sense if we've tried to access something we have to log in to access.  But to chide us before we've made a mistake?  It makes me think that whoever is approving the content on Comcast's website has a lot to learn about customer relations.

New Visitor
wwdorner

Uh-oh, you're not signed in.

Please remove this condescending prompt from your home page.  I don't need to be reminded every time I go to the xfinity home page:  "Uh-oh, you're not signed in."

Spare us please.

Contributor

Re: Uh-oh, you're not signed in.

Why this extra step? .. The  original 'start' page was uncluttered and sufficiently organized without this extra 'junk' being added to it.