Visitor

I was asked if I wanted to download the new xfinity tool bar.  It asked if I had windows 7 (yes)

Now I cannot get on to my home page for comcast.

Recognized Contributor

Re: tool bar

I do not recommend installing the Comcast tool bar or any tool bar for that fact.  They very often end up causing more issues then they solve. Most tool bars aren't necessary. The Comcast toolbar has the exact links you can get to using the Comcast homepage. I had the tool bar and after much hassle and headaches I uninstalled it and all the issues I was having disappeared.  A third tier Comcast technician told me the same thing I am telling you. Do not install any toolbar they aren't worth it.  Also, another thing to consider is very often toolbars are loaded with spyware or are used to track your activities for marketing purposes thus you increase the spam you get.

Visitor

thanks for the info.  I used easy solve.  Kathleen was very helpful she got me to clean the cookies so I am now able to see my home page.'

thanks for all the help

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

FYI, Despite the name Easy Solve doesn't solve anything. It's a glorified cache cleaner, which can be done using the cleaning capability of your browser.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

I see that you have a post that says "Solved! Go to Solution!" Where would that be? The part about don't use any tool bars or the one that says nothing is fixed or the one that says what color you will see an actual Comcast employee's name in?

Not one of these or any others are a solution. This is full of it. There IS NO solution that I see here. One day mine was here and the next it was GONE! I want it back. Mainly because of the site verification it offers.