New Visitor
jjack4000

Re: new xfinity.com homepage

I also hate this new page!! Is there anything we can do to get someone to answer our question on how to perzonalize our home page?  If this does not change I will stop using this as a home page!!

New Visitor
TieDyeVikki

Ditto what everyone else here said... HATE IT!  I used to have my "My Comcast" page set up the way I liked it, and I swear the message that had been appearing at the top of the page warning us My Comcast soon wouldn't be accessible anymore ALSO said there would be a "My Xfinity".  Unfortunately I never clicked that link to set it up, and now there is no link to be found on the homepage.  I just tried adding /myxfinity onto the end of the address, but the page didn't exist.

Even back when they had My Comcast, some time ago they took away the My Comcast link on the homepage and it was only accessible by typing it into the address bar, almost as if they were allowing people who already used it to keep it, but were discouraging others from going that route.  What gives?

New Visitor

new homepage

We want our old homepage back again. The new one is no better than the last time you made us switch.

Visitor

Re: new homepage

I, too, want my homepage back.  I hate this new one!

Visitor
22michael43

I also don't like this switch.  At least with the old home page it was easier to change the home page to my liking.  There's no instructions or anything.  They should have carried the set-up from the old homepage to the new, instead of leaving us in the dark.  All they seem to be doing now is promoting Xfinity TV.  If I wanted TV thrown at me, I would be watching it, not, logging onto the computer.  They also seem to forget, they now have competition for our $$$'s.

New Visitor
rareaves

I agree with alll the other posts..The new homepage is WAY to busy...  and no options to customise... BAD IDEA

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The Comcast homepage has always

1) been to busy

2) looked like an online version of a supermarket tabloid

3) been heavy on "news" about celebrities

4) had links for nonsense such as autos, dating, real estate, and shopping

In the almost 10 years I've had Comcast internet I have never used the page as my homepage. I try to avoid it and rarely look it. 

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

If I can't get my old customized homepage back , or instructions to recreate it , my search for a new provider will begin immediately........you people are brain dead .....I have 0 interest in your TV.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Just use something else as your home page.

http://www.google.com/ig can be customized to your liking. I've seen references to this in the forums.

I don't use it but you could check it out.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
JudahPup

What a waste of time! Can't find anything I want to see on this home page. (Like "weather"?)Time to change to someone else. Someone must have been sitting on their brains when they came up with this mess.

New Visitor
psps

It's the pits!!!!!  can't find anything. It's all geared toward "the entertainment side of Xfinity."

Visitor

I agree with everyone. What a shock to see all the "stuff" and didn't ask for or want!

Called Comcast twice and they stated I was the first to call about this problem. They were unable to help me get my old customized home Page back! Help!

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

[ Edited ]

psps wrote: ... It's all geared toward "the entertainment side of Xfinity."

Actually, it's geared toward making as much money for Comcast as possible. But the Internet has billions of pages, and you can use any one of them for your home page. If you don't like the Comcast page (and who does?), use something else already.

Contributor

Add my hate  of the new home page.  It has become Infinity's home page not mine!!  I did try "myinfinity" before the 9/27 date and it went no where.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

[ Edited ]

There is no requirement that a Comcast customer use a Comcast home page. The Internet has billions of pages, and you can use any one of them for your home page. If you don't like the Comcast page (and who does?), use something else.

New Visitor
dnmalick

Don't fret over not clicking on the option to configure your home page.  I did click on it and it was worthless.  I got nothing better than what they are now forcing us to use.  It appears to me that they think people want ONLY to fool around with TV viewing......Bah!!!! I could careless about that

Silver Problem Solver
andyross
Silver Problem Solver
andyross
Contributor

Re: xfinity.com/mycomcast going away

Such arrogance!   I am not sure how you will communicate that you have decided to allow your subscribers to design their own home pages, when many of us will be using another providers home page.  Keep it up Comcast!!

Service Expert
Again

Comcast isn't forcing anyone to use anything they offer [or don't, as the case might be].  You do not HAVE to use their homepage, webmail, help forums, community forums, security software, etc.  Comcast provides you with the ability to access the internet, the rest of the content is free, not something you pay for.  You can choose whatever you want for a home page, and there are millions of webpages out there to choose from.  A nice, customizable page is iGoogle, which also gives you the ability to add boomarks to your favorite websites, as well as varying content, from weather to sports to entertainment, technology, space, etc.  Many people use just a blank page for a homepage.

If you WERE forced to use the Comcast's landing page [homepage]  there would be complaints about not being able to choose something else.  But, in this land of choice, you have many options.  Explore, break out of your shell, be daring, take a chance, make a change, experience something new!  Make your homepage YOUR homepage.  Just for the fun of it, check out NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day while you're looking around for a new homepage.

And, DO call Comcast to tell them how you feel about the homepage content.  They need to hear both postive and negative feedback about their services.  Here, though, we are just customers like yourself and can do little about changes that Comcast makes.  While there are a few Comcast employees in the forums [those names in red preceeded by Comcast] they are not able to change the homepage back, either.  But, calling Comcast is the most effective feedback there is.  If enough people complain they may reconsider a customizable page for sometime in the foreseeable future.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

New Visitor
dnmalick

Maybe 'forced' to use it was too strong a term.  They should, however, give their customers an option to modify the page to suit their wants/needs (within reason). 

I spent 30 years in the IT field (mostly mainframe) AND WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED if I had treated my 'users' the same way Comcast did with their INFINITY homepage. 

As they say in business...... The customer is ALWAYS right.  COMCAST seems to have forgotten this old, but correct, assumption.

As far as 'breaking out of my shell' is concerned.......  I believe that I am very much out of a shell.  I hope that in your thirty year experience in the field, that you can think 'out of the box' and innovate, create, design systems that are all within the requirement/desires of your user community as I have done in my 30 years (until I retired).

Additionally, if COMCAST doesn't pay attention to the 'USER' forums, what purpose do they serve.  If I were a COMCAST IT technician, I would be reviewing this forum on a daily basis.  Most people do not have the time to wait on the telephone until they can talk to someone that MIGHT have an answer.  My experience with the COMCAST technology team is somewhat less than satisfactory.

Calling COMCAST with any problem that does hot involve my CABLE TV dies not result in any satisfactory result.

Service Expert
Again

dnmalik, I totally respect your opinion AND your complaint.  I don't particularly like the Xfinity homepage, either, which is why I rarely see it unless someone has a specific question about it.  My personalized page went away along with everyone else's.

Our experience here, however, is that what you see is what you get, even if you don't like it, and believe me, the experts here have complained about that homepage for years and the lack of ability to customize it.  When the MyComcast page showed up we thought it was a move in the right direction and we SAID so.  It was something the customers wanted and we had hoped it was something that was going to evolve and eventually replace the regular homepage.  When we found out it was gong away, we complained, but it did us no good, and at this point we don't know if Comcast/Xfinity is planning on replacing it with something better and more customizable or not.  I hope they do bring something back that can be customized.

I would like to see something that doesn't look so haphazard and just thrown together without forethought.  I would also like to see a "new rendition" that has a feedback form before it's even thought about becoming the "end result".  It's been done on several occasions, but somewhere along the line the LONG line of suggestions and complaints has been discarded without regard to what customers want.

Lest anyone think otherwise, the comments made here ARE read.  As long as they follow the guidelines, we encourage people give feedback, good and bad.  Remember, though, this is a customer-to-customer Help forum.    But, on the homepage, if you scroll down to the bottom right of the page, there is a link for feedback.  Click on it and click on Idea.  When I did that I saw on the right comments made about dropping MyComcast.  I clicked on that, and on the CIM page, you can add your thoughts and feelings about this.  And use the feedback link on the bottom of this page as well.

As I said, I do respect your opinion and complaint along with everyone else that has posted thoughts on this.  This is a topic that hasn't gone unnoticed, believe me.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

New Visitor

The new home page is awful.  Loaded with roll over pop ups and lacking in real content.  A definite step backward from mycomcast.

It seems almost impossible to make any of the 'update your preferences' messages go away.  No matter how many times I go through any of the processes,  I still get the initial useless screen on the calendar.

It's really annoying to find out that many of the features touted by comcast are not available in all areas and have not been available for a long time.   I wonder if anyone has them.  I will be taking one of the contributors advice and setting up my own homepage.  I have given up on the xfinity offering.  It's mostly ad spam.  Pretty sad.

New Visitor
MickiS

I am so disappointed in Comcast. The one thing I did enjoy was my home page, it was set up the way I wanted it.  I now use Igoogle and have now considered changing my e-mail to gmail, that way when I find another service provider I don't have to change my email.  Like my husband says if it's not broke don't fix it.

Contributor

true about that arrogance!! have you noticed that comcast hasnt even bothered to answer our posts. one i thought was a comcast rep, but he denied it, so i guess the other arrongant post wasnt a comcast rep either. i guess now that they have our money, and they are a local monopoly, it doesnt matter what we think. the next step is to pressure our govt reps to allow other cable companies in the area to ptrovide alittle competition to comcast. at these prices, they are gouging us worse than the oil companies!!!!!

Visitor

I agree with you. See my previous comments. I have switched over to google.com/ig and have found I can set up my home page the way I want it, I am still learning. How long do you think it will take Comcast to realize they have made a terrible error?

New Visitor

What happened to if it ain't broke don't fix it. I hate it and the tech guys have ensured their jobs cause this now needs to be fixed. HATE IT !!!

Visitor

You aren't kidding, I think the new page sucks big time.  There is no-way you can delete stuff you don't want on it.  Goggle is looking better all of the time.  Comcast if you want us, give us back something we can use.

Visitor
22michael43

Did anyone contact Comcast about this?  I wrote them 3 times and all I get non answers.  They won't acknowledge what I'm asking, they only tell me go to my profile and finish it.  That's even though I keep

on telling them THAT when I want TV, I'll turn it on.  The customer doesn't mean anything to them.  They have to realize that they're getting competition out there and switching is starting to seem like a good idea.  

22michael

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Noticed a minor quirk with the 'box of links' gadget for iGoogle if you use a link to the Comcast mail. If your login credentials have 'expired' or you are otherwise not auto-logged into Comcast, it redirects to the main Comcast page. From there, you can click on the Email box, log in, and everything will then work for awhile.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Instead of having numerous threads about the new homepage, it would be much better to keep all discussion about it in one place. IF any of the powers-that-be at Comcast want to find out what people think about the change, they will find most of it in one thread instead of having to hunt other threads regarding this.

Please post your comments here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/xfinity-com-mycomcast-going-away/td-p/1027337

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Instead of having numerous threads about the new homepage, it would be much better to keep all discussion about it in one place. IF any of the powers-that-be at Comcast want to find out what people think about the change, they will find most of it in one thread instead of having to hunt other threads regarding this.

Please post your comments here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/xfinity-com-mycomcast-going-away/td-p/1027337

Email Expert
madylarian

luciustc wrote:

true about that arrogance!! have you noticed that comcast hasnt even bothered to answer our posts.

The third post in this thread answered your question.  If you feel that you should change providers over a customizable home page then you might be disappointed. 

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Visitor
22michael43

This is a copy of a note I posted on a different thread.  Just complaining about a lack of customer service.

Anytime I asked a question in the 4+ years of using it, I NEVER received a straight answer from them.  Only the answer they want to push.  OR, maybe they can't understand English?  Now, they just want to promote TV.

"Did anyone contact Comcast about this?  I wrote them 3 times and all I get non answers.  They won't acknowledge what I'm asking, they only tell me go to my profile and finish it.  That's even though I keep

on telling them THAT when I want TV, I'll turn it on.  The customer doesn't mean anything to them.  They have to realize that they're getting competition out there and switching is starting to seem like a good idea.  

22michael"

New Visitor

Thanks for replying, but the links you mention took me no where of any value,  when I tried to set up a new page.  I suspect you allocated your resources based on some poor data.

New Visitor

The worse thing about this is that I am paying with taxes and fees over $250.00 a month. I have no hbo etc., just internet at two places and expanded basic tv. I liked the my comcast page because I could check e-mail and phone messages easily. Now to check e-mail takes an extra step. This is not progress. I pay for a service, I should not need to sift thru ads to use it.

Visitor
22michael43

Maybe if only a "few people" used the customizatied home page, then you should have left it available for them as a option.  How hard would that have been?  OH!! wait, that wouldn't have promoted the TV side of Xfinity.  

Give us that feature back!!  BTW, of approx 28 million, how do you define "A FEW"?

22michael

Contributor

madylarian wrote:

luciustc wrote:

true about that arrogance!! have you noticed that comcast hasnt even bothered to answer our posts.

The third post in this thread answered your question.  If you feel that you should change providers over a customizable home page then you might be disappointed. 

mady

the third post didnt really answer my question. it merely gace what seems like an automated reply, with no regard for what the customers are saying. and after that, nothing from comcast to deal with the customers concerns. this is an ongoing discussion, not a one shot q and a. further, i doubt i could be any more disappointed in another home page than i am with comcasts new, adolescent one.  no organization, no offerings other than cheap videos, etc.

New Visitor

Thanks to the people who linked iGoogle, I'll think I'll set that up as my home page as well. I use Comcast to check my e-mail, but I can't stand the front page any more. The Jersey Devil? Ghost Hunter? What celebrity divorce is next? Sorry, but I want some relevant information when I go to my home page. I'd prefer not having a guide to idiocy with the latest TMZ garbage being the first thing I see.

Email Expert
Latoque

I have an iMac and a Windows 7 laptop.  On the iMac I use My Yahoo as the homepage.  On the lappie I use My MSN.  In Safari I use iGoogle. 

Folks there are so many web pages you can use for a home page that are way superior to anything Comcast has ever had.  No kidding. Instead of wasting time in here grousing about the Comcast page just pick another one and go with it.  Seriously.

I've been a Comcast customer for about 8 years now, and I'll be the first to tell you all that their bells and whistles fall well short of some of the other available options out there.  Their email is strictly second rate compared to Hotmail, gMail or Yahoo mail.  It's like they tacked it on as an afterthought.  In Comcast there isn't much you can customize, including the email and the homepage.

So I just got over it and use what works for me.  I don't use my Comcast email address for much of anything other than testing and as a secondary backup.  It's also the default for these forums when I get an automated message.  I use Yahoo mail and have been well satisfied with it for over 12 years now.  Same with my MSN account.  Any of them are better choices than Comcast for a homepage or an email account.  I pay for the internet connection and that's it.  It's too bad so many of us feel like this, but there it is.  When it's running right their cable connection can't be beat.  Other than that use other options.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
Beingrippedoff

CCCarole wrote:

Comcast has something like 24 million customers... If only a decent percentage of those customers had chosen to use MyComcast it would still be around. That was not the case. You can use any page you choose to as your homepage, or simply use 'About:blank' and have you browser open as a blank page.

No one knew about it.  I only found out when I complained to Comcast about not having the option.  I explored at lot and didn't find it until someone from Comcast finally replied to my complaint and gave me a specific address to get there.  No links or anything.

Chuck

Recognized Contributor

I only saw one Comcast reference to it.  It was one email describing a "beta" page that we could try out.  As I pointed out before, most people shy away from beta's of any kind because they are likely to have bugs and odd behaviors.

Only the few of us who saw the email and had the knowledge to accept a beta web page tried it out.  Of course Comcast didn't push using the page or change it to a "production" page because it allowed us to avoid looking at the fluff and advertising on the regular home page.

I'm now happily using somebody else's home page at looking at their advertisements so I could care less what Comcast does with their home page. 

Contributor

CCCarole wrote:

Comcast has something like 24 million customers... If only a decent percentage of those customers had chosen to use MyComcast it would still be around. That was not the case. You can use any page you choose to as your homepage, or simply use 'About:blank' and have you browser open as a blank page.

idoubt very much that the beta option was costly to comcast. they make a lot of profit on their customers. as a customer, if ANY  other customers used this option, it shopuld be continued. it cant possible cost comcast that much or any more money, but it could and willcost them in customer relations and advertising monies when people stop using the webpage as their homepage. it would be interesting to know just how many of those 24 million customers used the beta page as their homepage. 1% of 24 million is 240,000 people. thats alot of people. and thats only 1%.

Visitor

I switched my home page from Comcast to Google News as I do not like the new xfinity home page. I will come back to xfinity if Comcast ever allows us once again to design our own home page.