Contributor
billrw

xfinity iphone app fix

why can't I access and play recorded programs on my DVR from my Xfinity App on my Iphone.  I can select programs to record, schedule recordings but can't go to "My Recordings" from my iphone and have to use the old remote.  Seems an easy programming fix so I can do it all from my Iphone app.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: xfinity iphone app fix

[ Edited ]

Except for the AnyRoom DVR's, none of the others can stream programs from the DVR.  If the AnyRoom DVR would ever have that capability, no one knows.

If and when Comcast ever goes to a cloud based DVR, maybe this would be possible.

Tivo Premier's can stream recordings to IOS devices by adding the Tivo Stream now.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

are you referring to the ability to go to the recording on your phone and start it to play on your dvr??

are you in a Cisco or SA market or cisco?

I know in my market Motorola when I go to the  tv remote app and press more and go to dvr manage and then go to my recordings I can see whats on the dvr and next to each show it says "watch on tv" when I click that it starts the show on the dvr.   do you not see that?

Contributor
billrw

rog286713 wrote:

are you referring to the ability to go to the recording on your phone and start it to play on your dvr??

are you in a Cisco or SA market or cisco?

I know in my market Motorola when I go to the  tv remote app and press more and go to dvr manage and then go to my recordings I can see whats on the dvr and next to each show it says "watch on tv" when I click that it starts the show on the dvr.   do you not see that?

yes, exactly.  I just want the ability to select and start/play an already recorded program on my DVR from my iphone. Don't care if I could download to my phone.