New Visitor
earljr

I have the comcast web site for home page, every time i log in i have to reset zip code. how do i set this permanent?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: zip code

earljr wrote:

I have the comcast web site for home page, every time i log in i have to reset zip code. how do i set this permanent?

Make sure that your is not deleting your cookies and cache upon exiting your browser.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
earljr

not doing that but same results, keeps logging out also

Visitor
mlmelzer

Web Page will not save correct zip code

Contributor

I have had this issue for the past month or so. I am on IE8.

When exiting a browser session (in which I do not delete or clear the cookies/cache), the local zip code setting for both the weather or the local news is not saved. I've changed it back literally countless times to  my local zip code (Exton), but every time I exit the browser session and re-enter, it defaults to either Warminster (18974) or Philadelphia (19103). (Could not even begin to speculate why it comes up with 2 different incorrect defaults.)

After resetting to Exton, the setting remains, even after visiting other websites and returning to the Comcast home page (which I have set to my default home page as well). The zip code setting only gets erased when you exit the browser session.

I have not changed anything on my PC settings or habits. This zip code retaining the setting did not used to be a problem.

I've seen at least a few similar threads describing essentially the same issue, one of which did not allow replies, and a couple of which were marked "resolved". The problem is not resolved.

Is there going to be any real solution to this issue, other than "trying a different browser"? Thanks.

Contributor

I concur, this has  to be a comcast problem. Same issue and I do not clear cache or cookies upon exiting.  I can go to other sites and set my zip code , exit the browser , and restart without losing setings for those sites.  Comcast apparently doesn't realize how big an issue this is. I've changed my homepage from comcast because i am tired of re-setting my zip code just so I can see my local news and events.