New Visitor
Carl_G

AFinity TV App does not recognize PACE PCR110C

Im trying to use the app to tune channels on my box.  The box shows up on my account just fine.  My android phone is connected to the internet  just fine.  The app says there is no controllable box on my account.

This worked at my last house.  Since I moved to the new house, with a new account, this no longer works.  Telephone support has been unhelpful so I don't want to sit on the phone and plug/unplug the box any longer...

Can someone give me advice on how to make this work again!?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: AFinity TV App does not recognize PACE PCR110C

this frequently is an issue when you move or get a new box.  How long has it been?  You need to give the comcast system 3-4 days to update.  If its been longer than that, you can try a couple of things.

If you go to your cable box and to set up, do you see remote access set up listed?  if not then the feature has never been set up to the box.  When you go to your account. here

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

under manage cable boxes is your new one listed?  also make sure tv control is enabled for the cable box there.

When you go to manage devices how many are there?  You can only have three.  You might want to delete them all and then try to connect again.

Also try signing out of the app, then delete the app, restart the mobile device you are trying to use then download the app and then sign in.

You can also try to start the set up again by following these instructions. 

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/set-dvr-recordings-from-your-computer/

New Visitor
Carl_G

rog, thanks for your help.

I have only a cable box, not a DVR.  I believe many of your tips will only work for DVRs.  For instance, I don't recall any menu item in my cable box that said 'remote access.'  Do you think I should have this for a box that is not a DVR?

Yes, the box is listed on my account.  I gave it a month after activation before I tried this.  It didn't work so a few weeks later I called comcast and worked to fix it.  failed.  I gave it another month and tried with customer support again.  failed.  So it has been quite a long time that this has not been working.

This is the only cable box I have in my house.

I did delete and readd the app.  I did try the app from more than 1 device.  So far, nothing has worked.

Carl

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

you can post in the SA cisco thread and ask comcast ted if your area supports this yet and he can also look at your account.

New Visitor
Carl_G

Thanks again for your reply.  I only moved from southwest Southfield to northeast Southfield.  Same city. A few months back I returned the box for a new one but I still have this problem.  I suppose I will have to post in the SA Cisco thread whatever that is!?

Official Employee
ComcastBruce

It is possible for TV Control to have been set to off. Go to this page and make sure TV control is set to on

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes