New Visitor
scottishbuzzard

Comcast is a mjaor player in many Big Ten regions. Any negotiations to bring the BTN2go app to Comcast subscribers?

Contributor

Re: BTN2go

I was wondering the same thing. Official reply from Comcast would be appreciated. Thanks.
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Anon24542 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. Official reply from Comcast would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comcast is always working with more and more content providers but there is currently no timetable for BTN2Go compatibility.

I will pass this along as a feature request and will update this thread when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
Rocket42

This isn't a new content provider issue (at least not in the "Why don't I get this channel?" kind of way).  Comcast/Xfinity currently carries the Big Ten Network.  This is an issue Comcast/Xfinity should have resolved almost 6 months ago.  It is simply an issue of Comcast/Xfinity allowing its customers to access via their mobile devices and/or the Internet services for which they are already paying.  Comcast/Xfinity is seriously lagging behind other service providers in this regard.

That said, I appreciate any information you can provide and I certainly hope this gets done quickly.

New Visitor
scottishbuzzard

Yes, this hasn't been an issue for other providers. The list of providers that grants access to BTN2Go is:

Bright House Networks, Charter, Cox Communications, DIRECTV, Dish Network and Time Warner Cable.

Which is effecively like saying 'everyone but AT&T and Comcast'.

Contributor
ruascott

Comcast needs to get their act together. Really tired of waiting for things like this to come available. If BTN2GO isn't available by the fall, I'll be switching to one of the 3 options that do carry it: Brighthouse, Dish or Direct. 

New Visitor
RickoPSU

Comcast, you need to stop messing with your customers and go out and get the programing that is wanted such as BTN2GO.

New Visitor
kenbry

4-21-12   Talked to rep today and was told it was available but guess what no btn2go that I can get.  

New Visitor
zdbeach

I would like to request BTN2GO app. How do I do this?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: BTN2GO

[ Edited ]

I think you just did?  comcast will say they will report it to the development team.  the app already exists what you want is comcast to give you access to the content in the app. 

New Visitor
Sccole

Grrrrr! This completely epitomizes why I hate Comcast! Why are they so behind everyone else when it comes to these types of accessibility issues? Get it together, Comcast! It is 2012! No excuse!
New Visitor

I find it interesting that Comcast has very little to say about this. I have left several voice messages and emails about BTN2GO withabsolutely no response. As someone previously said, we are already paying for the service so what gives. Of course I am sure this won't get a response as well. 

New Visitor
bibi012

Re: BTN2GO

I, too, would like to request that Comcast make the content of BTN2GO available to its subscribers.  I'm sure the company realizes that its thousands of BTN customers would like the same advantage and accessibility to BTN programming that its competitors now enjoy.

Please let me know what's being done about this.  Thanks!

New Visitor
GMS12

This is one of my BIGGEST complaints about COMCAST.  We went through the same sort of thing with the Cinemax App. Now we're going through it with BTN. This is simply unacceptable. I pay enough to expect to get what the other providers are giving for less money. COMCAST-if you're listening---how about the ESPN app too?   

Contributor

We want access.... ESPN is available to watch make Big 10 available NOW!!!!!
Contributor

Agreed ... c'mon!

New Visitor
mldamron

Comcast, please give us BTN2Go!
New Visitor
weazley

+1! BTN2GO!!!!!

New Visitor
AndyUM357

Please add BTN2GO!

New Visitor

Comcast has to be the least friendly company I have dealt with.  What is the deal with BTN2Go?  Whay can't you provide it?  I have DISH at a second house and have not had the kind of problems I've had with Comcast.  Just please provide BTN2Go and make the $200 a month I pay less painfull.

New Visitor
elco4

Big Ten Network 2 Go

Why is Comcast not a provider of the Big Ten Network 2 Go (BTN2Go.com)?  Verizon is one of the providers.

Visitor

Now full on to football season and still no support for BTN2go.  What is the holdup? Your last post was in February.

New Visitor
Wolverines88

Re: Big Ten Network 2 Go

I agree.  All of Comcast's major competitors carry BTN2Go.  Why not you Comcast?  Please add it to your lineup! 

New Visitor
gerilyne

So, here we are in NOvember, and still no word on when Comcast subscribers will be able to use the BTN2GO app... Ridiculous.

If we are paying the extra $10 a month (sorry, $9.99) for the sports network, then we should have access to use the app. 

I do find it interesting that there hasn't been a reply from Comcast/Xfinity on this. 

New Visitor

Comcast, get your act together. How difficult is it to get BTN2Go? Practically every other provider on planet earth has provided access to their customer. This is one instance of where your the hype from your commercials does not meet the reality of your service offerings.

New Visitor
Ron7770312

Appreciate an update from Comcast re BIGTen2Go.  :smileyhappy:

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Ron7770312 wrote:

Appreciate an update from Comcast re BIGTen2Go.  :smileyhappy:

I am sorry but there is no new information at this time.

When any new information comes along, we will update this thread.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

Not your fault Joe, but ... ridiculous!  For $200/month, I should be getting holographic images of every Big 10 game, delivered right to my Mancave.

New Visitor

Re: Big Ten Network 2 Go

Yes, the Big Ten 2 Go would be a welcome addition for mobile users. Comcast needs to get with the times before they fall behind their competitors !
New Visitor
What Gives no access...They're based out of Philly so it was an ACC/BIG EAST APP they would be all over it! I guess there Big Ten h8ers!
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: BTN2Go

no license agreement in place yet.

New Visitor
gomsu

I echo everyone else's sentiment.   all other providers offer btn2go.   

this adds to the long list that has me ready to leave xfinity. 

New Visitor
nixtl

Come on, Comcast, figure it out.

New Visitor
Timwardo

[ Edited ]

I've been thinking about switching to direct tv.  I think lack of btn2go is the last straw.

Contributor
ru42112

They need to take down there new television add. Any device any time. Yea right. I just upgraded from basic to the next level. If I knew what I know now about comcast I should have went with dish. Comcast is just to big of a corporation to get good service. Share holders come first then bonuses come second then maybe the customer. That depends on there mood at the time.

Contributor

Quit running ad and get us BTN!!!!
Visitor
Hawkeye1987

Add me to the list of many... really don't see why Comcast would be dragging their feet on this, unless seen as competing with Xfinity's own apps.  If so, why not negotiate agreement to incorporate BTN2Go feed into Xfinity app and promote the heck out of it?  Big feather in the cap for both BTN and Xfinity!  Would at least like to hear that Comcast is at least working on this.

Visitor
lukerw

Can anyone tell me what the issue is holding up BTN2GO access?  Is this simple request too much for a loyal customer to ask of Comcast?  Somebody's got to know.  Is it technical, legal, financial....? 

Contributor

It's a joke, I think we all should adjust our "dish" :smileyhappy:
New Visitor

My guess is that they are holding customers hostage over B1G networks fees associated with carrying BTN2Go. This is a typical Comcast tactic

New Visitor
Illinibtn

Where is my BTN to Go access? I work often and am not at home to watch the BTN. I want to watch the games live on my smartphone. Everyone has access except for us Comcast/Xfinity suckers. Please add this. You did it for ESPN,HBO,MAX. The prices we pay we expect better service. This app has been available for a few years now and we are third class citizens. I am sick of being crapped on. You keep raising your prices and we get less content. Thank you for your time.

Visitor
lukerw

Well, maybe they are short of funds following their purchase last week of GE's 49% stake in NBC Universal for $16.7 BILLION.  Now they own all of NBCU, and we helped pay for it by forgoing BTN2GO.  Ain't we sweet!

Contributor
ru42112

The giant keeps getting bigger. Don't you just love corporate giants. They eat up competition and then raise prices. Oh I almost forgot they get to lie to us also or at the very least bend the truth. Any device anytime Yea right!

Contributor

This IS getting a little ridiculous, to be honest ...

And on top of the BGTN2GO being a NO SHOW, I called tech support last week and was CURSED at for absolutely no reason (she didn't think I could hear her I suppose, the only thing she said in English were the curse words, no apology from Comcast nor admission that anything even occured)

And as long as I'm on a roll here ... notice that my usernsame is, stupidly, "Anon24542"?  I've been trying for MONTHS to get it changed to something meaningful, have followed the instructions to do so offered here in "Help with Forums", and ... nothing!  Not even the courtesy of an email reply from one of the "cable.comcast.com" guys.

New Visitor

Earth to Comcast,

Time is up.  Please add BTN2Go. 

signed,

Another disgruntled customer 

New Visitor
AngryCustomer93

Replying to this thread to keep it going. Unbelievable that this isn't resolved yet. This is how you lose customers, Comcast.

If this is not resolved by football season, I'm done. Switching to your competition.

Sincerely,

Seattle customer

New Visitor
headsweep

COMAST EXECUTIVES: PLEASE LISTEN TO US, YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET COMCAST ON BOARD SO WE CAN USE THE BTN2GO APP ON OUR SMARTPHONES!

New Visitor
Skifu

It's been over a year now! And still no BTN2go on Comcast? Say it isn't so ComcastJoe!!!! You support the Big Ten Network on Comcast TV, why not for our smartphones. WoW supports it and you don't? This is ridiculous!

Contributor

Beyond ridiculous......
New Visitor
scottishbuzzard

15 months after I started this thread, and still nothing other than 'no timetable'. Come on Comcast, you lead the way in many tv mobile apps, such as the disney ones. Here's a product that is already available, and you're either: a)Haggling over the cost too much or b)Not giving a dam. Neither are acceptable. Sure would have been nice to watch the Big Ten tournament today...

Oh, and I do know how to spell dam, but apparently adding an n on to it offends Comcast...