New Visitor
jnachod

CNN Ipad App

I recently purchased an iPad 2 and have installed some apps onto the device.

The Xfinity app works perfeclty, but CNN's iPad app refuses to accept my Comcast login information to authenticate for the live stremaing feature.  I have tried everything I can think of including deleting and reinstalling the app and nothing seems to work.

:smileysad:

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: CNN Ipad App

make sure your logging in as the primary account holder.  clear cookies and cache make sure your in a wifi zone.

New Visitor
New Visitor
r-c

I am having the exact same problem. It just started happening, and has always worked fine in the past from my Ipad. Reinstalling the app doesn't work, and neither does clearing the cache or cookies, or restarting my Ipad. I can also log into my Xfinity account fine from my Ipad on any browser including Safari, just not from the CNN Xfinity log in screen. It works fine from my PC, and only appears to be and Ipad issue. Very frustrated.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

must be a problem on comcasts end.  Wait till tomorrow when everyone comes back to work and something will probably get updated.   Also try a hard restart on your pad.

New Visitor
ninalove

I have had the exact same issue for about a week now, on my iPhone4. The CNN app has worked beautifully for months, then suddenly Xfinity does not accept my username/password combo. I have re-set passwords, un-installed and re-installed the app, re-booted the phone, all several times, all to no avail. HELP, Comcast-what's up here???

New Visitor
Crescendo

[ Edited ]

Yup.  CNN app is down on mine too.  Can't log in.  Cleared cache, everything.  Comcast says my login info is incorrect.  Perhaps CNN is linking to an outdated form of the Comcast login page?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I can tell you this, when they put out the new xfinity tv app it does not work anymore most shows won't load or play everyone is complaining about it on apples site.   I bet that whatever they did to the authentication for the app is also affecting the authentication for the cnn app.  Thats my guess.

Visitor
matt_halley

I had the same problem over the weekend. When I contacted Comcast about the issue I was told that I must subscribe to Comcast Internet service to stream CNN in the iPad app. I truly hope the reps who told me this were misinformed. Seems that they were since all is working again now.