New Visitor
Npstewart87

HBOGO Login Problems

If someone could please help me I would be extremely appreciative. I had my Comcast installed on Monday, previously I was a subscriber of directv. I never had  a problem logging into HBOGO with directv but not I am trying to use my Xfinity Comcast login credentials and it says the following:

"Access to this content requires an XFINITY TV subscription*."

I have called comcast 3 times and they keep saying that I need to wait longer which I know this is usually what a person says when they don't know the answer or how to fix it. I have searched these forums tirelessly and found two answers to my questions. #1. The HBO codes need to be re-validated. #2. The cable boxes need to be validated. Is there anyone on here that has any further input or advice, or is there a tech that can help me? 

Nick

Thanks Everyone in advance.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: HBOGO Login Problems

Npstewart87 wrote:

If someone could please help me I would be extremely appreciative. I had my Comcast installed on Monday, previously I was a subscriber of directv. I never had  a problem logging into HBOGO with directv but not I am trying to use my Xfinity Comcast login credentials and it says the following:

"Access to this content requires an XFINITY TV subscription*."

I have called comcast 3 times and they keep saying that I need to wait longer which I know this is usually what a person says when they don't know the answer or how to fix it. I have searched these forums tirelessly and found two answers to my questions. #1. The HBO codes need to be re-validated. #2. The cable boxes need to be validated. Is there anyone on here that has any further input or advice, or is there a tech that can help me? 

Nick

Thanks Everyone in advance.

Are you signing in with the log-in Npstewart87?

Also, please try watching HBO shows in the Xfinity TV App and see if videos work.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
kjennifer

I have the exact same problem except I moved to a different state and ended up with a new Comcast account with a triple play package with HBO. No problems with HBO go prior to the new account/package. I've seen the same thing about the account configuration but Comcast doesn't seem to comprehend what I'm telling them. I'm frustrated.
If your problem is fixed please tell me what you did. Thanks!
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

kjennifer wrote:
I have the exact same problem except I moved to a different state and ended up with a new Comcast account with a triple play package with HBO. No problems with HBO go prior to the new account/package. I've seen the same thing about the account configuration but Comcast doesn't seem to comprehend what I'm telling them. I'm frustrated.
If your problem is fixed please tell me what you did. Thanks!

Are you using the Xfinity TV App as posted above? If you are using the HBOGO app, please try watching HBO shows in the Xfinity TV App and see if videos work.

What device are you trying to watch videos on?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor

I have had the problem for 5 days and can't get a straight answer form ANY of the dozen or so "anylist/techs" i have talked to!!!!! My next option is to cancell me subscription with Comcast and switch to AT%T!!!! This is absoluetly INSANE!!!!!!