New Visitor
chrisandcilla

Problems with Android app on Galaxy 7 Plus tab

I installed the TV app on my Galaxy 7 Plus and it only renders the channel guide. Can't find a way to view the DVR settings or programs like I can on an iPad. Further, the channel guide shows the correct current time, but the shows are totally off. Seems like the shows are 12 hours or so off (e.g., the Today show was listed under 5pm).

Anyone else having this probem?
Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Problems with Android app on Galaxy 7 Plus tab

Hello,

Have you tried to re-enter your zip code and service area under Settings > Channel Lineup. This refresh should correct your listings.

If this does not work, try deleting the app and then re-install it

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Problems with Android app on Galaxy 7 Plus tab

chrisandcilla wrote:
I installed the TV app on my Galaxy 7 Plus and it only renders the channel guide. Can't find a way to view the DVR settings or programs like I can on an iPad. Further, the channel guide shows the correct current time, but the shows are totally off. Seems like the shows are 12 hours or so off (e.g., the Today show was listed under 5pm).

Anyone else having this probem?

Requirements: - Internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G) - Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://www.xfinity.com/eligibleboxesfor more details. - Comcast ID or Comcast.net Email Address (and Password) - Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas.

Initial Setup Notes: Please be at home with your TV and cable boxes turned on. Messages will appear on your TV screen to help you name your boxes for easier identification and control.

Compatibility and Known Issues: - Xfinity TV app supports most Android handsets running Android 2.1 and higher. - Xfinity TV app supports the Motorola Xoom tablet running Android v3.1.  Other Honeycomb v3.1 tablets with a 1280x800 resolution should work.  We will certify the application on additional tablets soon. - Xfinity TV app may work on other Android devices not listed above but it has not been designed or optimized for them.  They are currently unsupported. - Xfinity TV app currently supports devices that allow more than a 16MB memory limit on applications and will automatically detect the required memory. This includes most devices. However, the AT&T HTC Aria is a notable exception and is not compatible.

*Xfinity TV app supports many-but not all-Comcast set top boxes. Specifically, Scientific Atlanta set top boxes are not yet supported. Please see http://www.xfinity.com/eligibleboxes for details about currently supported set top boxes.