New Visitor
WigerToods

Saving videos to watch later

We are going on vacation and will not have internet access. Is it possible to download videos and save them for viewing later on my iPad?
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Saving videos to watch later

[ Edited ]

There is no direct way for downloading videos or shows from Comcast to a Ipad to view later.  There are certainly workarounds with other equipment to do it including using a Seagate GoFlex Satellite wi-fi portable hard drive.  A Ipad doesn't have enough internal storage to store too many video files.

You can stream available online shows using a wi-fi in your visiting location and use the Xfininty apps for Ipads available at the Itunes store.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

WigerToods wrote:
We are going on vacation and will not have internet access. Is it possible to download videos and save them for viewing later on my iPad?

This feature can now be found in the XFINITY TV Player app version 1.2 sometime today (11/20/12). This feature is available for Starz, Encore, and Showtime videos.

You can now download these videos on a WiFi connection and then watch it anywhere! Watch videos in locations without 4G/3G coverage.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
PegasusMD

I just downloaded the new 1.2 to my droid bionic. It is a nice feature  as  a lot of time I'm not in a place that has either wifi or data connections and would like to watch a show/movie. The problem is when I try to download the movie  on acquiring video license I get " an unknown error has occured during this request. please try again"

I have signed out and signed back in to the app.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

PegasusMD wrote:

I just downloaded the new 1.2 to my droid bionic. It is a nice feature  as  a lot of time I'm not in a place that has either wifi or data connections and would like to watch a show/movie. The problem is when I try to download the movie  on acquiring video license I get " an unknown error has occured during this request. please try again"

I have signed out and signed back in to the app.

What is the video you are trying to download?

Thanks,
Joe
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
PegasusMD

I got it to finally work. I had to completely uninstall the app then  redownload and install from the app store .

Visitor

Joe: Is it possible to capture video on my desktop computer. I don't know what version of my viewing software that I've got. I'm running on Windows 8 and Windows 7.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

karsonwm wrote:

Joe: Is it possible to capture video on my desktop computer. I don't know what version of my viewing software that I've got. I'm running on Windows 8 and Windows 7.

I am sorry but this is not possible.

Thanks,
Joe