Visitor
Jsh34102
I can't play any videos with the xfinity tv app on my iPod touch. It shows the video loading but and says it will resume but then just shows a black screen. The play button won't work and the timer shows 00:00 no matter if you drag it down to the end of the bar. Only the done button and sometime it takes me out to the main menu screen instead of the video selection screen for the video I'm trying to watch.
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Tv app

what IOS version are you running, and what version of the app are you running.   Waht shows are you trying to watch?

Are you a subscriber to the shows your trying to watch? Are you logging in with the primary account users credentials.  If yes try clearing your cookies and cache, then restart your device.

Visitor
Jsh34102

Everything is current and up to date. The shows I am trying to watch I am able to watch online from a computer and I am using the same info to log in from my ipod. I will try clearing my cookies ans cache and restart otherwise what else can I do?

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

clear your cookies and cache again.   go to settings in ipod then go down to xfinity tv, click  clear application data.   Unistall the app.  do a hard reset by holding down power and the home button until you go through the power off screen hold them both down till you see the apple again, release.  download the app again, login and now try it.  If it still does not work I am out of ideas.

Visitor
Jsh34102

I tried it without success. Still just a black screen. Thanks anyway....
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

try this, if you have the xfinity mobile app, click on the tv section from there and not from the tv app,  that seems to work sometimes.  I will tell you this, since the updated app last week I am unable to watch half of what Iuse to before the update, they messed something up.

Visitor
Jsh34102

Tried it and didn't work. Thanks again
New Visitor
llcooldba

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?  I am still having this identical problem on my 2nd generation iPod Touch.  I can't find help anywhere.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

llcooldba wrote:

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?  I am still having this identical problem on my 2nd generation iPod Touch.  I can't find help anywhere.

Make sure that you have the most up to date version of the app installed.

Also, try cleaning your Xfinity TV App history by going to Settings > History > Clear All History.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe