New Visitor
Gotchet

Tv on iPhone????

I hear that any show that shows on my home tv under my plan I'm on with Xfinity will work on my iPhone and iPod. Is this true????

I can't get it to work
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Tv on iPhone????

No, but if you install the Xfinity apps you may be able to view On Demand programs.

Visitor
lookout2245

All I can get on my IPhone with this FREE APP is an old movie but from the UAE, which has I guess Arabaic subtitles.  When it is USA TV, maybe interested.

New Visitor

I just got off a chat with support and you can NOT view many channels using the Xfinity TV app for the iPad. There are only a few channels that are available using the app.
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

the only thing you can watch with the app is on demand shows not live tv.  you also need to be in the correct market which at this time is only motorola

Visitor

I am not happy with this app. I originally thought also what was on my TV would play here. Not true. On top of that I can't even get a decent guide up showing what is actually playing on my TV. I will probably delete this.
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

great thanks for the info.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

cmistaya wrote:
I am not happy with this app. I originally thought also what was on my TV would play here. Not true. On top of that I can't even get a decent guide up showing what is actually playing on my TV. I will probably delete this.

I am sorry but you currently cannot watch live TV on the Xfinity TV App. Our product team is working hard on bringing more features to all devices. Your suggestion will be taken under consideration for a future release.

Are your TV Listings incorrect? If so, click the Settings tab at the bottom right hand corner of the app and then click Channel Lineup. Make sure that you have the right zip code and service area selected. Some zip codes have multiple channel lineups.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Visitor

Thanks for responding Joe. My zip code is correct and tried all the different areas that came up but nothing matched my guide. I don't know if this honestly has any thing to do with it but I have been told by different service people over time that we are in an area that seems not to be high on the priority list as far as upgradeing equipment ect. We did seem to finally get the new guide but that was it. I will say at one time our guide did match up and to be honest some of it may have to do with the counties around here now fighting over what area a zip code belongs to.  I was just wondering if it has to do with our boxes being old that the guides don't match up. The day I was mad I wanted to watch something, and the TV in the house had already been claimed and had thought I would just pull it up on my phone. That is when I found out that now playing didn't have to do with what is on TV it is what Comcast choose to show.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

cmistaya wrote:

Thanks for responding Joe. My zip code is correct and tried all the different areas that came up but nothing matched my guide. I don't know if this honestly has any thing to do with it but I have been told by different service people over time that we are in an area that seems not to be high on the priority list as far as upgradeing equipment ect. We did seem to finally get the new guide but that was it. I will say at one time our guide did match up and to be honest some of it may have to do with the counties around here now fighting over what area a zip code belongs to.  I was just wondering if it has to do with our boxes being old that the guides don't match up. The day I was mad I wanted to watch something, and the TV in the house had already been claimed and had thought I would just pull it up on my phone. That is when I found out that now playing didn't have to do with what is on TV it is what Comcast choose to show.

If the TV listings guide on your TV is correct and the online listings are incorrect, we can fix this.

Please tell me your zip code and what service area of the ones shown is yours. Also, please pass along of some of the channels that are incorrect and where they should be.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe