Contributor
burner4444

Watch ESPN, Max Go, Showtime Anytime, HBO Go for XBox 360

I read on this board that Watch ESPN app support will be available sometime in May.  How about support for the Max Go app and Showtime Anytime?  Also HBO Go released for XBox 360 today and it is not supported by Comcast.  Isn't comcast a major cable provider?  I don't understand why they aren't supporting these apps.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Watch ESPN, Max Go, Showtime Anytime, HBO Go for XBox 360

burner4444 wrote:

I read on this board that Watch ESPN app support will be available sometime in May.  How about support for the Max Go app and Showtime Anytime?  Also HBO Go released for XBox 360 today and it is not supported by Comcast.  Isn't comcast a major cable provider?  I don't understand why they aren't supporting these apps.

I am sorry but as right now, the only way you can watch HBO content through a Xbox 360 is by using the Xfinity TV App for Xbox 360 that was released today (3/27).

The Xfinity Xbox 360 App will also have Cinemax and Showtime content available.

We will continue to work with our partners to deliver even more choices to our customers in more places.

Thanks for the feedback,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
burner4444

What about support for the Watch ESPN, MAx Go, and Showtime Anytime Apps for iPad/iPhone? 

Also, the Xfinity app was not available on XBox as of 12:30 pm

Visitor
JPenick

It's absolutely ridiculous that Comcast doesn't support HBO Go through the Xbox 360. The content on the Xfinity app from HBO is no more than what we get on demand already, and we can already get HBO Go online and on mobile devices. Why then is it not accessible through this service as well? You're turning off a lot of customers and screwing them out of the ability to experience all that the HBO Go app has to offer. This is completely unnacceptable, and I guarantee you people will be leaving Comcast in part because of it.

New Visitor
travelar

I'll echo the statement....  Support HBO Go on devices other than my phone and you might keep me as a customer.  

New Visitor
OldeManWinter

Comcast charges more for HBO than the dish providers.

Comcast gives you less HBO channels than the dish providers.  They actually reduced my HBO HD channels from 3 to 2 in the past couple of months.  TWO HBO HD Channels! 

Comcast blocks the HBO Go app, unlike the dish providers.

I've emailed comcast and advised that they need to improve their HBO offering (including unblocking HBO Go on the Xbox) or i'll find another service.  

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

OldeManWinter wrote:

Comcast charges more for HBO than the dish providers.

Comcast gives you less HBO channels than the dish providers.  They actually reduced my HBO HD channels from 3 to 2 in the past couple of months.  TWO HBO HD Channels! 

Comcast blocks the HBO Go app, unlike the dish providers.

I've emailed comcast and advised that they need to improve their HBO offering (including unblocking HBO Go on the Xbox) or i'll find another service.  

Comcast and HBO are in discussions to increase HBOGO access for our customers. At this time, I have no further details but will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
burner4444

You still haven't answered.  What about Max Go and Showtime Anytime apps???

New Visitor
JWbdevil

It really is pathetic that comcast/xfinity offers a lesser service than a tiny player like Charter (which, among other smaller companies, offers support for Max Go). When will this support be offered? Why wasn't it available at launch?
Visitor
Unhapy_customer

I think it shows the lack of concern for the paying consumer and corporate greed out of control.   I think a class action law suit should looked into.  

Contributor
Bulk001

While I am annoyed by the lack of options, what is there to have a lawsuit over? I am assuming that you voluntarily signed up for the service you had and you can drop them anytime you want?
New Visitor
Jpclass

Comcast is seriously the worse cable provider.  We are handcuffed - once I return from my overseas deployment, I will switch to Direct TV.  I have been with many providers - Comcast ranks Bottom!