New Visitor
coachroy

Re: WatchEspn iPhone App

Comcast Tech Reps are "lost in space" and don't really understand what you are trying to do - I think I need to call them and get an "in house" visit to fix my premium channels, then spring the phone on them when they show up.

Most of their field guys know the answers.

Visitor

Iwas expecting to be able to watch live tv on the iPad by now.I can't get any information for comcast on this subject.if this service is not available soon.I am going to go with the dish
New Visitor
Outbeyond

Re: WatchESPN

WHY is there no word on this?   This is VERY annoying!   Comcast likes to be seen as "with it" on everything but it's way behind the times on this one.  Is there something being negotiated with ESPN now for this ESPNWatch app for our Droids?

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Complain louder directly to Comcast. This is a customer-to-customer help forum that Comcast employees rarely read.

For example, go to Comcast Voices and comment. Maybe try these three:

http://blog.comcast.com/author/matt-lederer/

http://blog.comcast.com/author/jt-ramsay/

http://blog.comcast.com/author/rick-germano/

Visitor
Leonel09

I agree I need espn on my iPhone.
Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Complain louder directly to Comcast. This is a customer-to-customer help forum that Comcast employees rarely read.

New Visitor
Outbeyond

Thank you!  I took you up on your suggestion.  :smileyhappy:   Let's see what, if anything, happens.

New Visitor
Gweedoe

Yes please add WatchESPN and to be allowed by comcast!!!

Visitor

I agree and support this idea.  Let's find a way to work with the ESPN iphone app.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

according to this article is looks like march 2012, but from reading this it is not a comcast issue but an espn issue.  Someone must have made a deal with espn to not have it supported on apple devices till later, same way netflix did with streaming on roku, then xbox

http://www.wired.com/playbook/2011/04/espn-streami​ng-ios/

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

according to this article is looks like march 2012, but from reading this it is not a comcast issue but an espn issue.  Someone must have made a deal with espn to not have it supported on apple devices till later, same way netflix did with streaming on roku, then xbox

http://www.wired.com/playbook/2011/04/espn-streami​ng-ios/

New Visitor
mikecico

Yes, please add this service.

Contributor
dhulet4214

I don't understand why this app doesn't work with comcast. I get WatchESPN.com just fine on my PC. Why not on the app? ESPN just needs to stick it to Comcast and just allow us to view ESPN3 just like on PC.

Contributor
dhulet4214

I am confused why WatchESPN works on PC and not mobile.

New Visitor
brianlee2007

i too wanted to request for Comcast to release this feature they did that to ESPN3 and i hope they will do the same to ESPN & ESPN2

New Visitor
tiphani76

I need to be able to watch espn on my iphone.  why would your competition have this access and comcast not have it...???

New Visitor

Funny enough...more like ironically enough...the app is "Powered by Xfinity".  Go figure.

Contributor
nevereven

[ Edited ]

I sent a message to each of the three "bloggers" -- whose activity, incidently, was pretty moribund.  The single response I got was from someone else altogether, to wit:

We currently do not carry the ESPN app. However, you can access ESPN3 via the web using your Comcast.net credentials to access live and previously recorded sporting events.

Thank you,
Elisa Stagliano

So, that was totally useless.  Imagine that.

BethKatz wrote:

New Visitor
jrod217

Comcast please support us avid sports fans and start supporting WatchESPN.  If other big name companies like TimeWarner can support this than so should Comcast.

New Visitor
WatchESPN

Watch ESPN

Is Comcast going allow subscribers to watch live espn on IPAD using "watch espn" app like Time Warner, Verizon and Bright House customers can?
New Visitor
davidplewis

I completely agree with everyone here. I want/need Comcast to support WatchESPN app for iPad, so much so that if it doesn't happen in the no to distant future I may begin looking for a service that does and get off Comcast. 

If you agree lemme here you say 'WatchESPN!'

New Visitor
Sharlie_53

WATCHESPN!!!

Why doesn't Comcast have this option available ONLINE like Time Warner, Brighthouse, and Fios?  I read the info regarding the IPAD and Iphone app but but why isn't it at least available for streaming online first?!!!

Your main competition is FIOS!! At least try to act like you're keeping up! I pay top dollar to have internet, cable and telephone service via comcast, the least you could do is provide all the latest and greatest services.  Especially since sports is the highest watched things on television.  Get with the program.  You were late on RedZone and still don't offer any type of all acess such as Sunday Ticket for your customers like the satellite companies do

PLEASE GET WATCHESPN ONLINE!!!!!!! ESPN3 is good but it does not have the access the the big games. 

New Visitor
bclarky

Re: WATCHESPN!!!

I want this soon or I will be switching to FIOS who just dug up on my street!

New Visitor

I agree. Please work it out with espn ASAP!
New Visitor

I definitely agree and would like Comcast to support this app!
Visitor

Please support the WatchEspn iPhone and iPad App. I want to watch ESPN sports on my iPhone and iPad.

slindholm wrote:
I'm writing Comcast because I (with many others) would like to see it support the new application released for the iPhone/iPad yesterday. As of right now, only time Warner cable, verizon Fios and bright house network subscribers can use this app. It is up to comcast to allow this service just like the Espn3.com site, but this new app is much more desirable and would please thousands of sports fans. Please look into this and offer a simple service to your existing customers.

Please Comcast customers, reply to this post if you'd like to help get access to this iPhone/iPad app. The only way we will have a chance at getting to use the Espn application is if we speak out and support this post with as many comments as possible. A simple "I agree and support this idea" is all that's needed for a post!!!! Please help us!!!

Thank you

New Visitor
dlewis031

Supporting the ESPwatch app is critical so that Comcast can remain the top tv/internet supplier!!! Please support this app...please!
New Visitor
brentajames

It doesnt matter if your box supports it. Comcast does NOT support watching ESPN live at ALL unless it is via espn3.com ... @$$ backwards if you ask me. They run the ESPN3 site and are the ones shut out of live espn tv broadcasts via the internet.

LAME 100%

Biz dev in Comcast... W-T-F were you thinking when you inked that deal???!

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I don't understand why WatchESPN support isn't available with Comcast, either.  I hope that it will be added in the future.  I mean, who knew that Bright House actually had customers?  Not I.

But, remember that when ESPN 360 (the internet-only site) was first available, Comcast did not carry it until several months into its life (or was it longer, maybe >1 year?).

New Visitor
Denmagnuson

I just watched an Italian soccer game on Saturday through my PC and WatchESPN and now it's asking for a provider of which Comcast isn't in the dropdown list.

Stranger is when you look at their full list of providers here:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/affList

Comcast is on the list but the dropdown only has three to choose from.

When did this access change. I need to go check my Xbox and see if I lost access to it there too. If so, I will seriously look to change providers.

New Visitor
massinsomnia

Yes Comcast, please get this resolved. Lots of us want to use the WatchESPN app. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED when I saw I couldn't take advantage of the app!

New Visitor
kascherr

It's time.  Get it done!

New Visitor
dalepruitt

I agree. Why can't comcast members have this access. We need our ESPN!!!!

New Visitor
Volfan40

Please get us access to WatchESPN.

New Visitor
Jmhthefirst

[ Edited ]
WatchEspn iPhone App

I'm writing Comcast because I (with many others) would like to see it support the new application released for the iPhone/iPad yesterday. As of right now, only time Warner cable, verizon Fios and bright house network subscribers can use this app. It is up to comcast to allow this service just like the Espn3.com site, but this new app is much more desirable and would please thousands of sports fans. Please look into this and offer a simple service to your existing customers.
New Visitor
dzorn07

Please provide WatchESPN!!!!

New Visitor
cjpenrose

Yes.  They app should work for Comcast.  The largest cable company in the country.  Need to catch up with your competition.

New Visitor

Come on Comcast, get it together. Allow use of the WatchESPN app.

New Visitor
mastersmd

Watch espn3 iPhone/ipad App

Please make add comcast to the list of espn3 iPhone/iPad users. Thank you.
New Visitor
jperalto

Please add this app to your services!!!! Be competitive!!

New Visitor
prsandico

I agree. I called Customer Support and they adviced that I use Xfinity TV. It doesn't even have ESPN supported in the Networks category.

Comcast please support the watchESPN app.

New Visitor
mdfleetwood

Agreed. Please provide ipad access to WatchEspn.

New Visitor
graeser

watchespn app

Is comcast planing on letting comcast customers use the watch espn app for mobile devices like all the other providers?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: watchespn app

I read that it is suppose to be available sometime next year. 

New Visitor
graeser

where did u read this at?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I don't remember but it was a while ago, I cannot find the info.

New Visitor
bigboy1627

Please make the watch espn and max go apps available soon thru comcast xfinity othherwise I will be forced to go to dish because the full range of service is available for your hard earned money currently spent with comcast
Contributor
FootyMadPDX

I'm a new Comcast subscriber and I want to add my voice to the many supporting adding the Watch ESPN app!

The new service is good, but I left FiOS for this, and I feel like I lost out on something.... not a good feeling!

New Visitor
ehanna25

agree we need this!

New Visitor
creynol5

What's really disapointing is the lack of commentary from Comcast with regard to this thread. You would think that Comcast would owe those customers some response/explanation to their questions as to why support for WatchESPN has been denied while other providers are allowing access to their customers...