Visitor
geomens

Watching Xfinity TV and HBOGO on Touchpad

Is it true that Comcast is not allowing Xfinity internet subscribers to be able to watch HBOGO or Xfinity.com movies using the Touchpad browser? Whereas others are able to view HBO content using the HBOGO website, I am not able to view it and was told that Comcast has blocked the service. Is this the case?

Visitor
reject902

Re: Watching Xfinity TV and HBOGO on Touchpad

I too would like to know the answer to this.. They both were once working..

Visitor
reject902

ComcastJoe? Any insight? I see you're sending responses to other threads..

Email Expert
CCCarole

You can send Joe a Private Message. 

Private Messages (PM’s)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope  screenshot.108.jpg

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’.  A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public viewin the Forums.

The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM.  screenshot.107.jpg

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message.  You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post.  By default, Private Messages are enabled.  You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor
reject902

CCCarole. Thanks for the response.. I'm aware of the PM function, however I assumed that a public response would be more benifical to the Comcast community rather than a private message conversation with a staff member. Just figured in case others would be interested in the response.. like the original poster..

Nonetheless I guess this isn't a topic up for public discussion, so I will adhere to your advice and send PM..

Thanks.
Visitor
geomens

I agree with you, reject902. I am not the only one with this issue. If I know what the problem is, then I can advise myself what to do if I really want HBGO or Xfinity streaming on the Touchpad. By asking that we use PM, it gives me the impression that Comcast is actually blocking the device but not willing to say so publicly. 

New Visitor
ChrisB1977

Using the xfinity site on the touchpad is possible, as long as you don't log in.  Thats pretty useless, I know.  When you log in, a Javascript redirect takes place and just keeps redirecting you into a neverending loop.  Is it catching the touchpad as a mobile browser?  Unfortunately the only option on the touchpad is to either turn Javascript on or off.  Turning it off allows the pages to load, but won't let you play any video's.

Hopefully someone can trap this error and modify the JS to allow the touchpad access.

ChrisB

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

I am sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier.

In the past, users like CCCarole have alerted me via PM when very popular topics like this one need to be addressed so someone can address it. I think that is what she was reffering to when she suggested you PM me reject902.

This is not an excuse and you shouldn't have to PM me, I should of saw this earlier but did not. I am sorry for that.

As for the video playback on the HP Touchpad:

The HP Touchpad is currently not compatibile with Xfinitytv.com. The only current devices compatibile with video playback are the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch through the Xfinity TV App.

Our product team is constantly working on making video playback compatibile on more and more devices. I have no timetable for when this will be available for the HP Touchpad but I will pass this thread along to them to let them know that many people are asking for it.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Visitor
grosenbalm

I just went and searched on this topic today. When I first purchased my HP touchpad a couple of weeks ago during the HP "firesale" of them, I was able to watch shows through HBOGO without issue. Just today, I went to start a new series and I get the infinate loop as described in the thread earlier. Can we have an update on this issue? HP sold out every one of their touchpads and is even taliing about another production run. While I understand the popularity of Apple products, there are other tablets on the market that Comcast users are using aside from the IPad. It shouldn't be that difficult to establish browser compatibility. Thanks!

Regular Contributor
itdoesntmatter

[ Edited ]

As much as we all pay for Comcast services and as new HP TouchPad owners, I can't use Xfinity and HBOgo on our TouchPads.  You support Apple but not any other format?

I've never even been able to read my Web email on my computer from Comcast.  Your solution(s) from your Techs have been to dump Microsoft Outlook and depend on Comcast.  I have worked with them over and over to solve this and it has never worked.  The only thing I can depend on is 1) Gmail and 2) Outlook.  Comcast Webmail is a nightmare.  I pay over $100 a month for this "service". 

With all the HP TouchPads being released the least you could do is make the service available to the paying customers. 

New Visitor

New Visitor

I am yet another frustrated HP Touchpad user, paying for Comcast premium service, and still unable to enjoy watching content streamed via your Xfinity site. Why give me the option to continue with my browser -- which appears to work fine with your content, as long as I don't attempt to login -- and then send me off via an error redirect? I've been a loyal Comcast customer since the mid-90's, and almost hate to mention this, but...

...at my friend's house, with FIOS and his login, my Touchpad & browser work fine when streaming content. Just saying, please get this fixed.
New Visitor
touchpaduser

It works fine on my Touchpad.

You TP users should head over to Precentral.net and look into installing Preware.

There's a Hulu fix there which I suspect is the reason I'm able to view HBOGO and you guys are having problems.

Regular Contributor
itdoesntmatter

It doesn't work.

Hey Joe - let me send you a TouchPad - see how you like Comcast $100+ services then.

When you can't even use them.
Visitor

[ Edited ]

According to HBOGO's support page...

"HBO GO is supported on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation) and the iPad, and requires running an iOS 3.2 or higher. For Android smartphones, HBO GO requires Android version 2.1 - 2.3. The HBO GO App does not support Android 3.0 and higher (Honeycomb), which is the operating system that runs most Android tablets. Some Android devices running version 2.1 - 2.3 are not supported, including Motorola Flipout, Motorola CLIQ XT, Motorola DROID, LG Ally, LG Apex, HTC myTouch 3G, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Motorola CLIQ, Motorola Backflip and eLocity A7.

What web browsers do you support to watch HBO GO?

HBO GO is a Microsoft Silverlight web application. Silverlight is supported by all major browsers on both Mac OS X and Windows, and with Moonlight on Linux as well, e.g. Internet Explorer 7.0 or later 8, Firefox 3 or later, Safari 3 or later, and now Google Chrome.

Regular Contributor
itdoesntmatter

[ Edited ]

^^                        ^^

Posted from Toshiba Folio 100 

That's so funny!  That was posted from my HP TouchPad!  :smileylaugh:

Comcast can't even get that right!

Visitor
geomens

And how were you able to watch movies on the Touchpad from HBOGO and Xfinity when most of us cannot watch it?  I don't want to have to go through hoops  as suggested earlier just to take advantage of a service I pay for monthly.

We are all still waiting for something from Comcast.  

Regular Contributor
itdoesntmatter

Are you talking about touchpaduser watching HBOgo on his TouchPad?  I'll bet he's not able to anymore after posting in this forum. 

Visitor

Looking at the HBO's system requirements for HBOGO, looks like they don't support TouchPad's webOS and browser. Doesn't look like Comcast's issue but rather HBO's
Regular Contributor
itdoesntmatter

It IS watchable for some people.  It has nothing to do with HBO and everything to do with Comcast.  Comcast has already said so.  Thanks for thinking of us though. 

Visitor

I see the Comcast response for XfinityTv but not foe HBOGO. i'm just saying HBO doesn't list the HP Web OS or browser in their system reqs, and just like Comcast does not support the Touchpad for Xfinitytv, so too Hbo doesn't yet support the platform for HBOGO player.
Regular Contributor
itdoesntmatter

Do you have an HP TouchPad?

Visitor
geomens

Yes HBOGO does not list the WebOS browser or the Touchpad as being supported but other Touchpad owners with different ISP's are able to watch HBOGO. How come? 

New Visitor
touchpaduser

[ Edited ]

jpmclure wrote:

According to HBOGO's support page...

"HBO GO is supported on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation) and the iPad, and requires running an iOS 3.2 or higher. For Android smartphones, HBO GO requires Android version 2.1 - 2.3. The HBO GO App does not support Android 3.0 and higher (Honeycomb), which is the operating system that runs most Android tablets. Some Android devices running version 2.1 - 2.3 are not supported, including Motorola Flipout, Motorola CLIQ XT, Motorola DROID, LG Ally, LG Apex, HTC myTouch 3G, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Motorola CLIQ, Motorola Backflip and eLocity A7.

What web browsers do you support to watch HBO GO?

HBO GO is a Microsoft Silverlight web application. Silverlight is supported by all major browsers on both Mac OS X and Windows, and with Moonlight on Linux as well, e.g. Internet Explorer 7.0 or later 8, Firefox 3 or later, Safari 3 or later, and now Google Chrome.

Where did you see that?

I Googled it, and it only comes up at hbogo.eu

In the US, where Comcast is based, HBOGO uses Flash.

"HBO GO requires the following minimum system requirements: 1) An Adobe Flash Player with version 10.0 or higher. 2) An Internet connection of 3.0Mbps or greater (for HD content). 3) For Windows: An Intel Pentium 4 3GHz processor (or equivalent) with 512MB RAM/128MB of VRAM. 4) For a Mac: An Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor, 512MB of RAM/128MB of VRAM. To check if you have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player, go to www.adobe.com."

The Touchpad supports Flash, better than most tablets actually. It still works here.

http://i.imgur.com/Pmpc2.png

http://i.imgur.com/QCJZr.png

That I'm using Advanced Browser instead of the stock browser has nothing to do with it.

New Visitor
touchpaduser

itdoesntmatter wrote:

It IS watchable for some people.  It has nothing to do with HBO and everything to do with Comcast.  Comcast has already said so.  Thanks for thinking of us though. 

It has nothing to do with Comcast.

It has everything to do with HBO blocking browsers that identify themselves as mobile browsers.

Do what I said a month ago, it will fix HBOGO and Hulu and anything else Flash based that's blocked from mobile browsers.

New Visitor
touchpaduser

itdoesntmatter wrote:

As much as we all pay for Comcast services and as new HP TouchPad owners, I can't use Xfinity and HBOgo on our TouchPads.  You support Apple but not any other format?

I've never even been able to read my Web email on my computer from Comcast.  Your solution(s) from your Techs have been to dump Microsoft Outlook and depend on Comcast.  I have worked with them over and over to solve this and it has never worked.  The only thing I can depend on is 1) Gmail and 2) Outlook.  Comcast Webmail is a nightmare.  I pay over $100 a month for this "service". 

With all the HP TouchPads being released the least you could do is make the service available to the paying customers. 

Classic PEBKAC.

Setting up POP3 e-mail through Comcast is ludicrously easy.

POP3 is awful compared to IMAP, and largely the reason I don't even use my Comcast e-mail, but it's incredibly easy to set up.

Comcast even provides flawless step by step instructions.

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=da0d7186-6e93-4092-95fb-a66442a2f1de

I would have adviced you to dump Outlook as well if you weren't able to follow those instructions.

Visitor

Comcast please allow support for the WebOS browser to watch xfinitytv

New Visitor

I to would like to be able to watch on my new Touchpad. Another 100,000 of these have been sold and it is rididulous that after paying almost $300 a month to Comcast I cannot use my touchpad.