New Visitor
good_idea22

X1 ANDROID APP

Comcast/Xfinity Being a Leader in technology in cable and entertainment.... with X1 rolling  to more and more homes, My suggestion would be to Catch Up with technology and allow a X1 App for Android.. Some arguably better then any iphone available to today,.. and yet its not supported by the major leading cable company?

ps- whats with Anyplay?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: X1 ANDROID APP

good_idea22 wrote:

Comcast/Xfinity Being a Leader in technology in cable and entertainment.... with X1 rolling  to more and more homes, My suggestion would be to Catch Up with technology and allow a X1 App for Android.. Some arguably better then any iphone available to today,.. and yet its not supported by the major leading cable company?

ps- whats with Anyplay?

Our product team is constantly working on improving the site to make the best experience possible. Thanks for your suggestion; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

As for AnyPlay, please go here to learn more:

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/AnyPlay/index.aspx

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Visitor

[ Edited ]
Found this post even though I don't think x1 was out then. Anyway now the status of the x1 app for android? Not sure why it was released for just iOS. Android is much more popular at this point. Is there any progress being made on an android app? I hope to see it soon.
Regular Contributor
hicidhe

I just got the X1 today and was shocked to find it did not support Android. Most people I know used Android phones and tablets. What is with the fascination with Appple iOS?

IOS is easier since it is a controlled platform. You have 3 devices and no variations.

New Visitor
dudasd

IOS is easier since it is a controlled platform. You have 3 devices and no variations.

Visitor

What does that matter. Comcast is huge and there are a lot of cross platform apps that work great. Why would you want exclude more than half of all smart phones and tablets. IOS is like android for beginners. Just an app launcher.
New Visitor
dudasd

You kind of answered your own question. iOS makes for easier rollout. Trust me...I am a devout Android user, can't stand anything Apple. I despise that the Disney and Nickelodeons of the world are so close minded that they refuse to port their better apps from iOS over to our world. Have no doubts, the X1 app is coming for our world. I would rather wait a little longer and have something better than have something rushed. Who knows...with the recent MotoX launch, maybe we'll get an even better voice control experience :smileywink:

Contributor
DJT8508

Is there any new news on the progress of the X1 app for Android?

New Visitor

Come on comcast, get with it and get the X1 apo for androud
New Visitor
sark47

I was told the x1 was ready,  they got me to switch from verizon.   I had a list of features I wanted to use and now they don't work.  After 30 hours of time troubleshooting I am an expert on the issues.  What good is an ipad app that does not update with the DVR ?  Also you can not extend 60 minutes from the x1 box as it always starts after football.  The limit on a non sports event  to extend is 5 minutes.