New Visitor
cwellock

X1 Remote Android app

I have been reading about the X1 Remote app for Android, and was also told about it by the tech who did my install, but I haven't been able to find it in the Google Play Store. Any suggestions?

Also, I just read about several enhancements to the X1 DVR, like the ability to throw shows from a smartphone to the TV. When will those be available?

Thanks!

New Visitor
Biskingrl

Re: X1 Remote Android app

I'm having the same issue. The last article I read from June 4th, 2013, said that the android app was to be released within 30 days. I'm assuming it should be any day now, now that the holiday has passed.

New Visitor

We just had X1 installed and I've got the Android app but no voice command -- any ideas?

Contributor

Where did you get the android app?  I have the old one but not the new x1 app. Can't find it in the play store.

New Visitor
ryderjay

I looks to me like anyone with an Android device has been screwed for the time being. The X1 remote app is available on the iTunes store but not on Google Play. Very disappointing, Comcast. Not only that, but NO WHERE does Comcast mention this. I basically searched for a few hours till I finally came to this conclusion. It would be nice if you (Comcast) would disclose to your customers that Android App is currently unavailable, or if it's even being developed.... meanwhile plenty of Apple users are as hapy as they can be with their X1 app.

I'm mostly satisfied with the X1 DVR... but occasionally I get angry with the stalling and lack of clear direction from Comcast as to how to use it's features. 

Bronze Problem Solver
C_DM

ryderjay wrote:

I looks to me like anyone with an Android device has been screwed for the time being. The X1 remote app is available on the iTunes store but not on Google Play. Very disappointing, Comcast. Not only that, but NO WHERE does Comcast mention this. I basically searched for a few hours till I finally came to this conclusion. It would be nice if you (Comcast) would disclose to your customers that Android App is currently unavailable, or if it's even being developed.... meanwhile plenty of Apple users are as hapy as they can be with their X1 app.

I'm mostly satisfied with the X1 DVR... but occasionally I get angry with the stalling and lack of clear direction from Comcast as to how to use it's features. 

The latest articles relating to the X1 remote app from a little under two months ago, like the one at http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/29/comcast-x1-remote-app-voice-commands/ mention that an Android version is in the works.

Regular Contributor
hicidhe

I find the lack of an Android app disturbing. I would venture to say that most subscribers that would be excited (and geeky enough) about getting X1 would be Android users, not Apple sheeple.

Does Comcast monitor these posts, why hasn"t an admin answered this.

I also spendt time rrying to find the app, even worked on Live chat with a person, who finally found out it wasn't available for the Android.

Comcast, when will this be available????

Visitor

I'm waiting too! That blast on "Icrap"
was awesome.Lol. Doesn't android out number apple anyway?<br>
Official Employee

Wonder if they have deal with apple since employees now use apple products
New Visitor

It looked like someone in posting referred to having the X1 Remote but no voice control! Just need to find out where they received the App!

New Visitor

It does appear that the XFINITY TV APP might be the same as the X1 Remote app for the Apple Products. I loaded the app and it works.

New Visitor
jarrattbell

Comcast's app development is a complete joke. I'm convinced that the developers don't try to use their own apps at home. They should hire a couple of people away from DirecTV. Their technology is a couple of years behind and the apps don't work well. How difficult can it be to emulate the physical remote they have on Android? It's the most widely used platform! They don't even have it optimized for my ipad yet. I have to resort to the iphone app on ipad and even that isn't well designed.
New Visitor
jdranetz

Google Play unavailable on my Polaroid S7.

Apparently Polaroid has not come to an agreement with Google to use their app store, Google Play.

Hence, it defeats the purpose of why I bought this cheap android tablet.

Does anyone know of any other android app store that carries Comcast X1 remote?

New Visitor
Dlinboe

When will these yahoo's realize THE MARKET IS STILL DOMINATED BY ANDROID, but yet they cater to apple software. Thanks again for nothing, but I will still never own a Iphone. 

New Visitor
RandomPhilly

Bump

Visitor
Danlman

[ Edited ]
Im very disappointed too. Comcast installers know absolutely nothing about their equipment, just ask them. I dare you.
If Comcast doesn't release an Android version soon im going to dump Comcast and go with Dish or Directv.
Their x1 dvr is full and I mean FULL of bugs and I am sick and tired of ios getting preferential treatment. Perhaps Comcast is heavily invested in Apple stock.
New Visitor
xaviere

Comcast/Xfinity should tell their customers that the voice command only works with the iphone!  Of course the commercial does not  say anything about that.

Regular Contributor
joejoejoejoe

Comcast keeps telling me it has not been released in my market yet but that it false because Google play does not have anything to do with Comcastmarkets
Official Employee

Xaviere you werent trying to speak into the dvr were you? Lol
New Visitor
MJM768

Does anyone from comcast read this. It would be nice if they would post something about if and when an android app is coming. They probably don't want to release a buggy app with their already buggy x1 system.

Contributor

The android app is available in the play store. Just downloaded it and it works great.
Contributor
4fclubmf

It works great indeed

New Visitor
graygr

Just loaded the app. Voice commands would not work until I signed out of all other xfinity apps and signed back in....works fine now...