New Visitor
Amer28

XFINITY app for Windows Phone?

Hello

I was wondering why we don't have the Xfinity app for Windows mobile OS?

Will there be an app any time soon?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: XFINITY app for Windows Phone?

Amer28 wrote:

Hello

I was wondering why we don't have the Xfinity app for Windows mobile OS?

Will there be an app any time soon?

We are evaluating our options for our mobile apps on all platforms. This is a constant research effort based on market conditions, customer responses, and technology changes.

Once we have more information to share, I will pass it along.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Visitor

I want to also request a Windows 8 Phone App for Xfinity.  Windows 8 is awesome - just got my HTC phone and love it.  This is going to be very popular over time.  Now we just need Comcast to build the app!!!!!

Official Employee
ComcastDavid

We have just released an Xfinity TV Remote application for Windows Phone 8.

This app allows you to control your cable box remotely. It does not do video playback on the device.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/xfinity-tv-remote/eff4523d-44b9-4cd1-8de1-d6650e6768f1

Let us know what you think!

New Visitor
Archangel9999

Stopped Working!!!

WP8 app was working great until late last night when it hit a wall and stopped displaying tv listings - other functionality works but no listings - what happened?
New Visitor

Re: Stopped Working!!!

Was excited to finally get an app for Windows Phone 8 and it worked great for a few days. Now the TV listings have been broken for a few weeks now.
Regular Contributor
stevep51

I am sorry other people are experiencing the problem with the Windows8 phone app.I have same problem the last 2 days no tv listings tried turning the phone off and reboot but, no luck.Hopefully this is a glitch that will be fixed.The app like others said did work fine till now I, did rate it on the app site and mentioned this problem .Gave the app a 3 star with possibly would go as high as a 4-5 if they add being able to view tv and most important to me that we could cancel a recorded program from the app.

Regular Contributor
stevep51

Follow up what I meant is being able to delete a recorded show since with anyroom service I have I can,t from the satellite boxes .Only able to do on line or wghen at dvr tv .

Official Employee
ComcastDavid

Sorry folks are having a tough time with this. We are actively working on a follow-up release which should address the problems you have been reporting, as well as others we have seen in the Windows Phone Store reviews. We do closely monitor the reviews to see what issues people are having with the app.

As one of the engineers on this product, I do take your concerns seriously. I use the app myself at home, so believe me when I tell you I want it to work well too! 

I also personally ran into the problem where TV Listings would not display anymore. I was able to overcome it by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This is clearly not ideal, but I believe this workaround will let those of you experiencing this issue move forward.

I noticed that people were also having a hard time with deleting and canceling recordings. To delete a completed recording, you can "long press" on the recording, and that will bring up a menu that lets you delete it. On the scheduled recordings screen, you can also long press to bring up a menu that lets you cancel the scheduled recording.

Thank you all for your patience.

New Visitor
Archangel9999

Uninstall and reinstall did bring back TV listings - workaround at least to get back what's become addictive functionality - thanks
Regular Contributor
stevep51

Thanks for the quick answer I just read it on my phone.
Recognized Contributor
tbonecopper

[ Edited ]

Uninstalling and re installing the app (a few times, including temporary files erase on Windows phone 8 + reboot) hasn't fixed the issue of not showing tv listings.

I do hope they push out an update soon! 

Regular Contributor
stevep51

I just got X1 set up on the 24th had anyroom service already only had to switch my 3 boxes to X1 boxes.When I checked my app after swtich out it still showed  my old boxes no big deal figured would take a day.The next day I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and everything was good even set a recording to dvr from phone and it did record while out.

Now today checking the app and it no longer shows my dvr only the 2 client boxes did do a uninstall and reinstall but, no luck still the same.Hope this is a temporary thing or if anyone has a suggestion.Originally happy abuot getting the app to work for setting recordings when not at home.

Regular Contributor
stevep51

Update tonight was able to reinstall app and all boxes show and just set a recording from my windows 8 phone.I had a problem with my dvr manager to and that as mentioned on the X1dvr forum all is up a running now.Since my account has finnally deleted the old boxes from the 24th upgrade to X1 platform.

New Visitor
Archangel9999

Listings stopped working again

The listings stopped working again after midnight Aug 1 - luckily an uninstall/reinstall restored functionality - but what gives???
New Visitor
blenway

I have a Nokia Lumia 521 with the Amber update installed.  When I run the "XFINITY TV Remote" app I can log in and I can make it display the DVR name on my tv. Everything else crashes. Tap "TV Listings"...crash. Tap DVR...crash. When I tap anything it immediately exits the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.

Contributor
b-dawg

Tried the uninstall-install workaround.  Still no worky.  :smileysad:

Official Employee
ComcastDavid

We have released update 1.2.1 for the XFINITY TV Remote for Windows Phone.

It addresses the defect related to TV Listings not showing, as well as some other minor bug fixes.

This update also adds the ability to manually select a channel lineup, which can be useful when you are traveling.

Thank you all for your patience while we worked to resolve the defects.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/xfinity-tv-remote/eff4523d-44b9-4cd1-8de1-d6650e6768f1?s...