Visitor
2andersons

Xfinity App & Box

Any ideas when the Xfinity App will support the new RNG200N set top box?  I just received this box & it doesn't "talk" to my iPhone.  I use DVR manager a lot & may have to trade in the box.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Xfinity App & Box

is that the new motorola box?  cisco has the same model number.  I am assuming it is because you say you had it working.  You cannot switch boxes and have it just work with the new one.  You have to delete the access and then synch the box again.  Go to your box menu and look for remote set up, then go in there and delete it.  That will get rid of the synch with the old box.  Now go back to the app and synch with the new box. 

Regular Contributor

Same here --- RNG200N ( Scientific Atlanta ) installed today ---

I was told by Comcast does NOT support myDVR access on the web site or Xfinity app on the phone  ( which sucks ! ) ..

I was told only the Motorola models support these features and my Comcast support area ( Monmouth County,NJ ) only procures the Scientific Atlanta boxes ( have to look into whether this is true )....

Visitor
2andersons

yes porkr1 thats exactly what I mean. I had an old motorola box (referred 2 as a "dinosaur" by the tech that was at my home) but it worked with the app flawlessly. DVR manager worked, all was good. Then the tech took this box, claiming it was faulty, & gave me a newer motorola box that doesnt work with the app. From my experience with 3 boxes in 3 weeks, none of the newer motorola's work either. Until the app is updated we are s.o.l.