New Visitor
BJL77479

Xfinity App and DVR Manager - Sugar Land (Houston, TX) market

Does anyone know if the app or DVR Manager work for this area?  I have placed numerous calls, been walked through many steps and had waited several times for the "6.5 to 24 hours" that Comcast has asked me to wait until the app and DVR manager would miraculously work.  As you can guess, it never has.  On the last call they ended up telling me that it would be available on February 1.  I knew better than to believe that but waited and tried it anyway.  It did not work.  Now on February 9, it still does not work.  I don't see what the issue is here and why no two tech analysts can be on the same page with this.  So now I'm turning to the people, in hopes that one of you at least can share some real world experience with me on whether or not this even works.  I'm sure missing my Uverse right about now, but lucky for Comcast, Uverse is not in my new neighborhood.  *sigh*

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Xfinity App and DVR Manager - Sugar Land (Houston, TX) market

BJL77479 wrote:

Does anyone know if the app or DVR Manager work for this area?  I have placed numerous calls, been walked through many steps and had waited several times for the "6.5 to 24 hours" that Comcast has asked me to wait until the app and DVR manager would miraculously work.  As you can guess, it never has.  On the last call they ended up telling me that it would be available on February 1.  I knew better than to believe that but waited and tried it anyway.  It did not work.  Now on February 9, it still does not work.  I don't see what the issue is here and why no two tech analysts can be on the same page with this.  So now I'm turning to the people, in hopes that one of you at least can share some real world experience with me on whether or not this even works.  I'm sure missing my Uverse right about now, but lucky for Comcast, Uverse is not in my new neighborhood.  *sigh*

DVR Manager is available in your area and I am seeing that you have a RNG200 box which is compatible.

What error message are you seeing on this site?: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

Also, have you recently swapped or replaced cable boxes?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
BJL77479

I have swapped the box once, the day after my cable was installed because I was led to believe that I had a non-compatible box, which I think was a true statement.  I believe the one you mention is the one that I have right now.  I've been told by the Comcast retail store that the box that I have is the only one that works in the Houston market, even though the support analysts have said otherwise.  

When I go to the DVR Manager, I am instructed to check availability.  I enter my ZIP code and get a message that says:  

Sorry, DVR Manager is currently not available in your area.

You will be notified when it becomes available.

77479 is your currently selected ZIP Code.

It just gets frustrating because sometimes I'm told it's available and other times I'm told it's not (by support).  The website always says it's not available in my area.  Even though I don't like the answer...it's consistent.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

BJL77479 wrote:

I have swapped the box once, the day after my cable was installed because I was led to believe that I had a non-compatible box, which I think was a true statement.  I believe the one you mention is the one that I have right now.  I've been told by the Comcast retail store that the box that I have is the only one that works in the Houston market, even though the support analysts have said otherwise.  

When I go to the DVR Manager, I am instructed to check availability.  I enter my ZIP code and get a message that says:  

Sorry, DVR Manager is currently not available in your area.

You will be notified when it becomes available.

77479 is your currently selected ZIP Code.

It just gets frustrating because sometimes I'm told it's available and other times I'm told it's not (by support).  The website always says it's not available in my area.  Even though I don't like the answer...it's consistent.

I see that you had four tickets open for this issue. I am further investigating and hope to have an update for you soon.

I am getting this message for your zip code:

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

For now, try deleting your cookies and cache on Xfinitytv.com through your computer and then try again.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
BJL77479

I'm still getting the same error after deleting everything from Internet Explorer.  I've tried with numerous differnt browsers on a few different computers as well.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

BJL77479 wrote:

I'm still getting the same error after deleting everything from Internet Explorer.  I've tried with numerous differnt browsers on a few different computers as well.

I am sorry but DVR Manager capabilities are not yet available in your market. The site was telling you that is was available but it was incorrect. Our team fixed the bug and has changed the messaging.

Our team is working hard making the DVR Manager compatible in even more markets. Once your market becomes eligible, you will be notified.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe

Contributor
jrbaytown

It's well over a year later and we are STILL waiting on this feature.  UNACCEPTABLE

New Visitor
41keys

Texas market not alone.  I just determined that my Scientific Atlanta DVR cable box is incompatible with the Xfinity TV app.  Called Comcast for confirmation.  Told that I am correct the box is incompatible.  I was then told that I could take the Scientific Atlanta box to my comcast office and swap it out for a compatible box.  I asked the rep if he was sure that the Groton Connecticut office would have the correct type.  He said yes it would.  Ventured out on what turned out to be a wild goose chase.  On arrival I was told that compatible boxes are not available at the Groton office.

Pretty bad when Comcast tech support doesn't have such basic information on hand.  The lady at the office said they are working on a software update for the Sci Atl box but had no idea if and when it would be available.

Visitor
Connekted

Houston still does not have it.  Been told for over a year that its happening soon. 

Contributor
Bjhayes1

A market as large as Houston and still no DVR manager in the area.  Even the XFINITY service tech couldn't believe we don't have it in this area.  We've been hearing about this mythical DVR manager for over a year.  I wonder if it really exists!

Contributor
KunzFlorida

Time Warner/Optonline has it - and for a number of years - they use the same equipment. Comcast doesn't have a clue. If you don't have Anyroom right now - you will probably have to get that as well in order to get the service.