New Visitor
TimInPA
Accepted Solution

Xfinity App for Kindle Fire

Any chance the Xfinity app will be made available for the Kindle Fire?  

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Xfinity App for Kindle Fire

comcast will say they are always looking for ways to improve the experience.   I would think not anytime soon.

There are apps that you can download to your fire to get the comcast apps on it, do a google search you will find them. 

New Visitor
TimInPA

You mean the apk for the app.  I'm a little weary of the download sites, and the one I trust, GetJar, doesn't have the Xfinity app.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

TimInPA wrote:

You mean the apk for the app.  I'm a little weary of the download sites, and the one I trust, GetJar, doesn't have the Xfinity app.

We are working on an app for Kindle Fire HD but they are the only details we have as of now. Once I learn more information, I will post it in this thread.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

The XFINITY TV Player App is now available for the Kindle Fire:

http://www.amazon.com/Comcast-Interactive-Media-XFINITY-Player/dp/B00AOA9BL0/ref=sr_1_29?s=mobile-ap...

Thank you for your patience,
Joe

New Visitor
TimInPA

Thanks!  You guys are awesome!

Contributor

It says that it is not compatible with my Fire when I go to that link. I have the original Kindle Fire not the HD Fire or any of the other newer ones. Is it supposed to be compatible?

New Visitor
jhart12

ComcastJoe, After I purchased this app from Amazon (which was free) it directed me to the Amazon app library to download it. I can't locate it. Don't know where it went.

jhart12

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

jhart12 wrote:

ComcastJoe, After I purchased this app from Amazon (which was free) it directed me to the Amazon app library to download it. I can't locate it. Don't know where it went.

jhart12

Are you using Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor

I have the original Kindle Fire - not the Fire HD.  The Amazon App Store says this app is not compatible with my Kindle Fire.  Is that true?  Is the app only compatible with the Fire HD?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

brentP wrote:

I have the original Kindle Fire - not the Fire HD.  The Amazon App Store says this app is not compatible with my Kindle Fire.  Is that true?  Is the app only compatible with the Fire HD?

I am sorry but this is correct.

Sorry,
Joe

Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply, Joe.  :-)

New Visitor
jvejr

When trying to use the Xfinity App on a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 through a TV and HDMI cable designed for the Kindle, I get a message telling me that the cable must be unplugged.  Is there a setting or an update to allow viewing with the HDMI cable?

Thanks, /j

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

jvejr wrote:

When trying to use the Xfinity App on a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 through a TV and HDMI cable designed for the Kindle, I get a message telling me that the cable must be unplugged.  Is there a setting or an update to allow viewing with the HDMI cable?

Thanks, /j

Due to licensing agreements, our content providers require that we block external output on the Xfinity TV Player App and the XFINITY TV App.

Sorry,
Joe

New Visitor
jvejr

Interesting, I can plug my laptop into my TV and watch any of the online content available from my service.  So, there is a little disconnect.  Seems silly to block one and not the other...  I guess the same goes for the HBO Go app. 

Oh well.  Kind of wish I hadn't gotten the Kindle.

Thanks,

/j

Recognized Contributor
Zordar

If you google "HBO HDMI out" you can find a link for a modified HBO GO app that has disabled the HDMI check. 

New Visitor
jvejr

Thank you!

New Visitor
theaudge

I have the Fire HD. Will you also make the xfinity home app available for this tablet? I love my Kindle.
Recognized Contributor
Zordar

[ Edited ]

For the Xfinity Home app or just about any android app, I'd recommend downloading the app store from

1MobileMarket. 

Unless you've already done so, you need to allow your Kindle to Install apps from unknown sources.  On your Kindle, go to Settings-->Device-->Allow Installation from Unknown Sources--> select Yes.

On your Kindle, use the web browser to navigate to 1mobile.com.  Find the download link for their appstore.

Once you've installed their appstore, you can search for whatever app you want.  It's completely free, no credit card or anything required.

Regular Contributor

I installed the app you suggested and it doesn't work. I can open app, but when I acess the vmenu, it gets an error, and forces close.

New Visitor

Will the xfinity connect app be available for the Kindle Fire anytime soon.  This is the app that you can get your email, voice and use to text from your home phone line.