Visitor
andrewcroberts

Xfinity TV App Error 400

I am having the same problem as everyone.  Error 400 on my ipad 2 using the xfinity TV app. 

I cannot play any content through the app. 

What is the problem?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Xfinity TV App Error 400

andrewcroberts wrote:

I am having the same problem as everyone.  Error 400 on my ipad 2 using the xfinity TV app. 

What is the problem?

andrewcroberts wrote:

What is the problem?

well not everyone is having that problem. 

Have you

1. clear cache

2. Clear cookies

1. Log into Comcast Customer Central (the normal login to manage your account).

2. Go to: http://xfinity.comcast.net/profile/

3. Look to the right of the page (you may have to scroll down) under a box with the header "Devices & Diagnostics."

4. Scroll down within that box and click on the link called "Authorized PC devices."

5. You will see the following message: "In order to protect your account from abuse, there is a 3 device limit per Comcast Digital Cable subscription. Please manage your devices below. Removed devices can be added again upon next use."

6. When I navigated to this page, I discovered that the "3 devices" listed were ALL MY ONE SAME DEVICE I've been using to access my premium content (Showtime / HBO) online. Xfinity was not recognizing my various logins from the same device (my Mac) as such---but instead recognizing each subsequent login as a "new device." Apparently clearing the cache, etc. does not fix this.

7. I simply clicked "REMOVE" for all "three devices" (actually just my one device, but listed as "three devices" from three separate logins), thus completely clearing the list and thereby removing the block triggered by Xfinity's aforementioned "3 device limit."

8. I then logged out completely, cleared my cache just to be sure, launched Firefox again, accessed Xfinity TV online and guess what? Those annoying orange "locked" buttons have been replaced with pretty green "play" buttons once again, and I can watch my premium content online.

-----

This fixes it, I am telling you. This is definitely it. There is a glitch, and I guarantee you you guys all have "3 devices" (possibly from actually reaching your 3 device limit, but possibly also just from multiple logins from a single device) listed in this section of your account. Once you hit the "3 limit," Comcast locks you out of premium content on what it seems to be perceiving as "any device beyond your 3 device limit."

Delete these "3 devices" (as it says, you effectively add them back when you log in again, so deleting can do no harm), log out, clear your cache, close and reopen your browser, and then log back in again: problem 100% solved. Enjoy your HBO and/or Showtime content!                        

delete cookies, clear cache, restart your ipad. if that does not work, clear cookies clear cache, delete the app, restart your ipad. reinstall the app then try again.

Visitor
andrewcroberts

Unfortunately, when I follow your link there are no such devices and diagnostics or authorized pc devices links and I have searched all of Comcast's site. 

Any other suggestions

Contributor
JenG4

I had the same problem. I called Comcast yesterday to ask about this and they told me it would be a $39 charge for someone to help me. Don't I already pay enough for my subscription?! So much for customer service...
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

andrewcroberts wrote:

Unfortunately, when I follow your link there are no such devices and diagnostics or authorized pc devices links and I have searched all of Comcast's site. 

Any other suggestions

Try disabling all your devices from here:

https://device.comcast.net/comcast-access/

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
JenG4

I was able to find this the other day, and disabled all three computers, but I'm still having the same error.  I've deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity app probably five times now.  I've deleted the cache and cookies as well.  I'm not sure what would have changed because I never had this problem before. 

Visitor
andrewcroberts

I have followed the instructions Joe.  Unfortunately, my Ipad still gives me the error 400. 

I went back and retried your steps one by one and it still shows the error.

Not two weeks ago I was able to play videos.  Now, I can't get anything but the error message when I try for any video on any network. 

Any other suggestions?

Andrew

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Try using/creting a seconday account and see if videos work with those log-ins.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
JenG4

How do you create a secondary account?  Thank you.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

JenG4 wrote:

How do you create a secondary account?  Thank you.

Go to customer.comcast.com and click the User & Settings tab near the top of the page. You can create up to 6 secondary accounts here.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
JenG4

I went to the page, but there's nothing under my Users and Settings that shows to create a secondary account.  I did a search for it, and found the directions, and apparently you have to be signed in as the primary user.  Does that mean the Comcast email address?  I must have created a secondary one a long time ago because I sign in with another email address.  How do I know what my Comcast email address is and password?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

JenG4 wrote:

I went to the page, but there's nothing under my Users and Settings that shows to create a secondary account.  I did a search for it, and found the directions, and apparently you have to be signed in as the primary user.  Does that mean the Comcast email address?  I must have created a secondary one a long time ago because I sign in with another email address.  How do I know what my Comcast email address is and password?

Since you registered this account with a non-Comcast e-mail address, I need you to private message me your Account Number or phone number on your account so I can further look into this for you.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
JenG4

I was able to chat with someone on Xfinity Chat, and they reset our original Comcast password.  When I went into the Xfinity app on the iPad and used that email address (I had been using a secondary email address that I didn't realize was not the primary one and it had always worked), it worked, and I'm now able to watch videos again.  Thanks for the help!

New Visitor
Report2FCC

I tried it and it did work. I called customer service and they couldn't help either. I suggest people call the FCC and complain. It's u fair for us to be made to pay for a service they know doesn't work.
New Visitor
Jstyle1

Try signing into Comcast and create an xfinity ID. After I did that I reinstalled the app and used my new xfinity ID and password instead of my Comcast email and password and it all worked.
New Visitor
Er400

I have exactly the same problem. Primary in hotmail not comcast, how can I create secondary. Pls help
New Visitor
Er400

Done all that. Still having issues. 2 time I reach out, with no results. Cleared cache Cleared devices at the ccast web site Updated app Followed all instructions comcast rep sent. Nothing! I am not the only one with this problem, so where is the glitch? Throw me a bone...
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Er400 wrote:
Done all that. Still having issues. 2 time I reach out, with no results. Cleared cache Cleared devices at the ccast web site Updated app Followed all instructions comcast rep sent. Nothing! I am not the only one with this problem, so where is the glitch? Throw me a bone...

What device are you using (iPad, iPhone, etc.)

Make sure you have iOS4 or higher installed

Try uninstalling and re-installing the app and then try signing in again.

Thanks,
Joe