Visitor

Xfinity TV App for Kindle Fire HD

I was wondering if there is any plan to make the Xfinity TV App (for listings and DVR control) into the Amazon App store for Kindle Fire HD?

If so, is there an estimate when this will be available?

Thanks in advance.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Xfinity TV App for Kindle Fire HD

there is an xfinity app in the amazon app store but it is only for watching content.   That was just released.

http://www.amazon.com/Comcast-Interactive-Media-XFINITY-Player/dp/B00AOA9BL0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

there is no word if another app for dvr control will ever come on for kindle fire.  You can use the android version if you do some searching on line how to do it.

Visitor

Thanks.  I appreciate the reply.

Yes, I have the Player app alreadly loaded on my Kindle, but I have been unable to find an .apk file for the TV app anywhere.  Everything just points back to the Google Play store, and since I don't have another Android device, that doesn't help me.

I'm comfortable with side-loading apps, but without the .apk file, I'm kinda stuck.  I'm not keen on rooting the device while it is still under warranty.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

New Visitor
jbillington

Just search for Xfinity in the Kindle App store - no need to side load anything, it should just download and install.

The only issue on Kindle Fire is that live TV does not seem to be supported.  I couldn't get live TV to work inside the browswer app "Silk".  The Xfinity web page actually thought I was a linux user and didn't detect that I was on a Kindle.  It pushed me to download Silverlight which you can't do on a Kindle.  Hopefully they fix this and move live TV watching to the Xfinity App.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

That is what the OP is saying, they have the app and it works for watching shows, but it does not work for dvr manager, so the only way to get that is to side load the xfinitytv app.