Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Xfinity TV Sports Remote App FAQ

[ Edited ]

Xfinity TV Sports Remote App

How do I set up my favorite teams?

You can set up your favorite channels for the first time as follows:

1. Tap the Top Down Navigation and select Favorites.

2. First time customers will see a screen prompting them to setup Favorites by tapping the multi touch interface.

3. You can designate their favorite teams for the app to track by tapping on the "+" and dragging it into the Favorites area.

Figure 1: Add Favorite Teams

4. Then tap DONE.

5. You can edit their Favorites by tapping the EDIT button.

Is there a limit to the number of Favorite Teams I can set?

No, there is no limit to the number of Favorite Team that you can set. 

How do I filter my Xfinity TV Sports Remote by my favorite teams?

Once your favorite teams are set up, tap the Favorites section in the app Navigation. of the app. The Favorites section of the app only shows those channels you selected as favorites.

Figure 2: Favorites View

Can I check scores of games for all Leagues?

No. Only a limited number of leagues are presented in the app.

You can check on scores from the MLB / NBA / NHL / NFL / NCAA Football / NCAA Basketball by tapping on any of those selections in the app’s navigation. 

How do I edit my Favorite Teams list?

You can edit your Favorites by doing the following:

1. Navigate to Favorites
        2. Tap the Edit button in the top right of the screen
        3. Delete a Favorite Team by tapping the Delete icon.
        4. Add a new favorite from any league by navigating to the League, then Conference or Division. Drag and drop or tap the ADD icon to add Favorites

How do I change between TVs and DVRs?

You can switch between which TV you are controlling depending on the device. iPad versions of the app have an easy to toggle window in the Top Left of the screen.

Change TVs on the iPad:

1. Tap the TV Name in the Top Left corner of the screen
2.  Select the TV you wish to control by tapping the listed name

Figure 3: Change TV - iPad

Change TVs on the iPhone:

1.  Tap the Settings “Gear” icon on the Top, Left of the screen
2.  Tap the TV Name listed as the first option
3.  Select the TV you wish to control by tapping the listed name
4.  Tap Settings to go back to the main screen
5.  Tap Done

Figure 4: Change TV - iPhone

Why are Record buttons and Scheduled Recording red dots showing for a TV I have in focus that is not a DVR?

Xfinity TV Sports Remote provides you a view of all the activity happening on ALL of your cable boxes. If you have a DVR on the account RECORD buttons will automatically appear to record the game. If you have more than one DVR you will want to set up your Default.

Set up Default DVR (only if you have more than one):

1.  Tap Settings
2.  Tap TV Settings section
3.  Locate the DVR that is set to default
4.  Change the Default DVR by tapping another DVR.

NOTE: If a customer has a new STB or DVR it will take up to 3 business days for it to show up in the app

Figure 5: Set Default DVR

Why aren’t all games and shows in the sports genre channels listed in the Xfinity TV Sports Remote?

The Xfinity Sports Remote only lists Live Sports games that are being played that day. Comcast currently has agreements with the teams included in the app already. More programming will be added over time.

Why do I see sports package tiers that are not in my subscription?

Xfinity TV Sports Remote keeps track of all the games that are on your TV- even if they are in a sports package. Games that are listed with “Watch on TV.” Games that are in a premium sports package will list it’s name. If you try to tune to this game the app will ask you if it’s in your subscription- “Do you subscribe to <PACKAGE NAME>? If so, we’ll update your settings.”

NOTE: If customer taps YES from the “Do you subscribe…” prompt the app will automatically list those games as “Watch on TV”

How can I add a sports package (i.e. NHL Center Ice) to my Xfinity TV subscription?

There is no way to add a sports package to your subscription from the app. Call 1-877-870-4310

What is the difference between Favorites and Live on TV?

Favorites is the section where you can keep track of teams when they are not in the TV lineup. This is excellent for out of market teams that you follow.

Live on TV is the sections of the app where all games are displayed that are available in your viewing area.

How do I change my Sports Remote Channel Lineup?

Channel lineups are automatically set when a customer signs into Xfinity TV Sports Remote. Tap the Settings icon. Tap Channel Lineup. Enter the Zip code where you live. Select the channel lineup that matches the one on the cable box.

What happens if I schedule a recording from Xfinity TV Sports Remote and there are already recordings scheduled?

The Xfinity TV Sports Remote treats games as high priority on the DVR. If your DVR is set already the app will schedule the game to record with all the DVR defaults in place.

Why is the Watch Game / Watch Channel button not working?

The Watch Game / Watch Channel button changes the TV channel. This service requires software to be loaded and working on the actual cable box. These buttons might not work if the cable box has been unplugged recently (in the past 6-8 hours). Waiting the six hours typically fixes this problem if the cable box has been power cycled recently.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Xfinity TV Sports Remote App FAQ

What equipment is this app available for?  I don't see it in the Apple app store.

Official Employee
ComcastJason

Hi WarEagle57,

The XFINITY TV Sports Remote is available on iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone running iOS 4.3 or higher.

Hope this helps.

J.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Can you supply a link for it?

Official Employee
ComcastJason

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Thanks!  It doesn't show up in a search of the Apple app store.

Official Employee
ComcastJason

Np.  For some reason the apple store search is very slow to update today.  Hopefully it will start showing up for both iPhone and iPad soon.  Looking forward to your feedback.  Hope you enjoy!

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

I meant to close this thread so it would just have the FAQ in it but I forgot.

If you have any issues with the Xfinity TV Sports Remote App, please create a new thread and I will help you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe