New Visitor

Xfinity app does not work on IOS 5 operating system on 3GS i phone.

I recently downloaded the IOS 5 operating system on my 3GS iPhone. Evidently, the xfinity tv app is not compatable with this system. Is there a new app in the works or is there something I need to change on the settings. All my other apps work fine, so I assume the IOS 5 operating system is not the problem.

New Visitor
TLL7215

XFINITY TV App - Upgrade for iOS5?

App was working perfectly on my 3GS prior to my recent update to iOS5. Now on iOS 5, installed app video player won't play (all other app features seem to work). Hopefully an upgrade's in the works - the app was fantastic when it worked.
New Visitor
CGonzales

Re: XFINITY TV App - Upgrade for iOS5?

Same problem here, please fix soon. :smileyplain:

Visitor
GH1988

Re: Xfinity app does not work on IOS 5 operating system on 3GS i phone.

I also cannot use the xfinity app now that I have installed ios 5.

Any information would be helpful!

Thanks.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Please make sure that you have to most up to date version of the app installed (1.6.5). Our latest update was a critical update for iOS 5 compatibility.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I have ios 5 on my iphone4 and it works just like it did before.  Try deleting the app and then load it again.  Also try a hard reset.

New Visitor
Connie16

I'm running 1.6.5.1109291 of the xfinity app on my iPhone 4g ... I am also NOW running iOS 5 as of the last 4 days.

And, too, can't watch TV using the App.

1) content may or may not start - no set pattern.
2) On content that does start, about 1/2 through the screen goes black and stops ... No reason and no error.
3) ALL content flagged with a Resume button instead of a Play button - never starts.

So? The app was critically Damaged for iOS 5 ... Not FIXED for iOS 5 ... Please read the reviews on the Apple App Store to see that 99% of the people are having problems.

Not being mean ... Just want it fixed and want to know WHEN Comcast is going to address this. Cuz, right now the app is pretty useless to me and many others
New Visitor
TLL7215

ComcastJoe - thanks for the post. I'm running app version 1.6.5.1109291 on an iPhone 3GS. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app after upgrade to iOS5 and the only content I can play appears to be most Showtime content. No other content (from premium or other networks) plays - all I get is a black screen. For HBO content, the HBO logo video splash appears and then I get the black screen.

Thanks for looking into this and thanks for providing this FREE app as an EXTRA to Comcast customers. No worries if you can't fix it - more important things in life than not being able to access free TV on my phone. Off to read a book. Thanks again.
New Visitor

I have tried reloading this app many times. It may have something to do with compatability of the IOS 5 to the iphone 3gs.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

The app works fine on my iphone 4 with ios 5 so I am not thinking its a comcast thing.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Connie16 & TLL7215,

Try clearing your cookies and cache.

Also try uninstalling the app then re-installing it.

This usually clears most issues. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
jtoonce

Xfinity app does not work on IOS 5 operating system on iphone 4.  Any help appreciated.

Visitor
GH1988

OK...I guess I can give more detailled information. The app itself doesn't work in the following way:

1. It let's me choose Play Now
  2. It let's me select Networks, then HBO, then ASeries, then whatever the show is
  3. It displays all of the shows
  4. When I click on PLAY for a show, it brings up the show and plays the little HBO intro video clip...
  5. but once it goes to play the real clip it just goes to a black screen and does nothing.

It doesn't freeze because I can click the "Cancel" button and go back to the main screens and pick another show...but none of them work. they all just show black screens.

Otherwise the app works fine.

Visitor
GH1988

I have deleted it and redownloaded it. I have also tried resetting the phone, backing it up and restroing it...but that didn't work either.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

It could just be a problem with the servers at your local comcast office.  This happens frequenlty.  does hbogo work for you??  One minute it will be down next it will be up.

New Visitor
TLL7215

Comcast Joe - tried all of your suggestions and no change in my circumstances posted above.
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

We are further looking into why these errors are happening. I will update you when I know more.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

New Visitor
Connie16

Thanks Joe ...

Because I performed ALL the ssteps you mentioned AND MORE andd still, the app isnt working as addvertised.

At this point, even if I get a show to start playing it ALWAYS - 100% of the time - freezes or hangs at the last 10 minutes of the show.  Making watching ANYTHING through this app worthless.

AND, I can NEVER just resume the show or restart it.  Because, at that point it just gives me a black screen and a cancel button 9and yes, I wanted, once I even went out to dinner andd it was the same when I got home 2 hours later.

I'm actually finding this quite annoying.  I do look for Comcast to get this resolved ASAP.  I use to use it a lot - now it's a glorified channel-changer for a TV at home ... which, since I travel a lot, buys me - what - nothing?

New Visitor

I get to the sign in screen and then the TV control screen.  I hit continue and the wheel spins, and spins, and spins (for 3 days).  I LOVE this app and I used to use it everyday.  I have a call into tech support but, they could not help either.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

We released a new version (1.8) of the Xfinity TV App today which should clear up video playbacks issues with the iOS5. Please update your app and try playing a video.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

EDIT: 1/2/11 9:24 AM: fixed typo

New Visitor
Rockers305

My iPad 2 was upgraded to ios5 and my app sans nô recognizable Tv. I havé rebooted box nô luck.
New Visitor
TLL7215

Comcast joe - the new app version (1.8) works perfectly on my 3GS running ios5 - thanks!
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Rockers305 wrote:
My iPad 2 was upgraded to ios5 and my app sans nô recognizable Tv. I havé rebooted box nô luck.

1) When trying to change channels through the Xfinity TV App, are you getting an error message?

2) In the app click the Settings tab and then go to:

TV Names > name of the box you are trying to use > TEST

Does this send a signal through your TV?

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
Magpilot

I have the ipad2 running new ios5. Sign in and name devise and hit continue. Icon just spins and does not work at all. Does not open app nothing. Tried deleting, downloading, refresh, three times. Cleared cookies deleted downloaded and same. Does not open. I pay too much for Comcast for this not to work. I want a discount on my service as im not getting what is advertised.
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Magpilot wrote:
I have the ipad2 running new ios5. Sign in and name devise and hit continue. Icon just spins and does not work at all. Does not open app nothing. Tried deleting, downloading, refresh, three times. Cleared cookies deleted downloaded and same. Does not open. I pay too much for Comcast for this not to work. I want a discount on my service as im not getting what is advertised.

Please send the following information to info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com so we can further assist you.

We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release your personal information in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

iPad version:

version of the app:

Please also include a link to this post so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Visitor

Joe,

I tried this TEST. My iPad will not control any TV FUnction. When I selected TEST. I saw the siganl snding icon on the iPad, but saw no response from the TV screen or Comcast HD DVR display, so I assume the TV and DVR did not 'receive' the signal.

I have a new iPad. I just heard of this Xfinity App this morning. I downloaded it, renamed the two TVs on my account, then hit continue. I see the guide on my iPad, but nothing happens on my Comcast DVR display or TV screen when I select a command (change channel etc.)

What can I do to make the iPad control the DVR/TV?

Thanks

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

davekro wrote:

Joe,

I tried this TEST. My iPad will not control any TV FUnction. When I selected TEST. I saw the siganl snding icon on the iPad, but saw no response from the TV screen or Comcast HD DVR display, so I assume the TV and DVR did not 'receive' the signal.

I have a new iPad. I just heard of this Xfinity App this morning. I downloaded it, renamed the two TVs on my account, then hit continue. I see the guide on my iPad, but nothing happens on my Comcast DVR display or TV screen when I select a command (change channel etc.)

What can I do to make the iPad control the DVR/TV?

Thanks

Try setting up your online DVR Manager and Remote Tune here:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

Try changing channels through our TV Listings page and see if that works.

Let me know the results and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor

I have the same problem.  Iphone 3GS, latest version of IOS 5, latest version of xfinity tv app,Motorola DTC 6200 box.  App shows one television (tv 1). On the Test your TV page when the test button is pressed, the "sending" icon comes on for a few seconds and goes off after a few second, but there is no indication or reaction from the television.  The same thing happens when I push the "Watch on TV" button on the Cgannel Guide page.  Also, there is no "sending" sound when the "Test" or "Watch on TV" buttons are pressed.

This app functioned fine until the IOS 5 upgrade.

rich 

New Visitor
morrislevy

Hello jdolochney,

Please follow the steps provided in the below to properly configure your iPhone.  This is a quide from another user.  I you follow this exactly, the Comcast e-mail account will verify properly, and you will be able to send and receive all of your e-mail without having to create a Gmail account, as previously discussed.  You can ignore their comment.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

-- Morris

Hyperlink:  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Can-t-configure-Com cast-email-on-iPhon...

New Visitor
Chrisisbig

I have the iPad3 and the iPhone 4 neither one of these will allow me to use the app as a remote or anything.  I have uninstalled and installed this app probably 10 times and that doesnt work.  I have called your customer support 4 times and I should just slam my head against a wall 4 times as that is about as helpful as they were.  They said they would call me back but never did.  This app is absolutely useless and unfortunately one of the major reasons I signed up for comcast so that I could use the app when I traveled to watch television as well as add programs to my dvr.  I do not know if this is a Comcast issue or an app issue as my DVR doesnt show up as working on the Remote Help page.   Is there any assistance you can offer us besides uninstall and install?