Contributor
Mikelara8

Xfinity app pace rng110 setup

Hi All, I've install the xfinity for the iPad and iPhone app. But I can't seem to change the channel to my tv. Heres my setup: Pace rng110 hd Samsung 32 hd tv Motorola modem Linksys n e3000 router Iphone4 Ipad2 My tv is connected to the cable via a splinter (other side is to the modem). Do I need to connect the tv box to the router or something? Is it getting internet via the cable line? Very frustrated. Grrr :/ thanks for ur help in advance.
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Xfinity app pace rng110 setup

[ Edited ]

The box does not connect to the router, if you do it will bring down your home network.

Check if it works with a regular personal computer or MAC it it works or not.

Normally this would be a code issue with your account.

the Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will look into your issue.

Watch for updates from the team during the business week.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the inconvenience. After you download the app it can take up to 24 hours for your devices and our cable box to sync up to the Comcast server. After which you should be able to change channels and schedule recordings.

For your IPad make sure you have the correct version for the IPad downloaded 3.0. Your iOS needs to be 4.3 or later.

Thank You
-Keisha-
Contributor
Mikelara8

[ Edited ]
What do you mean by a code issue? And yes I've tried changing the channel on my MacBook air on the web and it still doesn't work. Yes, all my devices are up to date. Thanks for ur quick responses. Edit. Do I need to register my devices or anything or I just need to be signed into my acct, right.
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

you need to get this working on your pc first before you can think about using the ipad.  click the tv tab top of this page then go to my tv.  you should then see my dvr manager.  Do you see your cable boxes registered there?  also you can click on the drop down under profile make sure you complete those steps to activate my dvr manager. 

Contributor
Mikelara8

I don't have dvr. It gave me an error displaying in red " dvr manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible dvr in your household." I have the pace rng110 hd. It says it compatible on the box list. I'm confused, do I need the pace rng110 and a dvr device????
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

honestly I have never seen anyone try unless they had a dvr box.    in order to use your ipad with your box you have to have the xfinitytv app.  have you synched it with your box at all.  If you go to your cable box and go to menu there should be a section called remote set up do you have that?  if not the synching has not taken place.  it takes up to 48 hours to get the box to synch with the system.  

What have you done so far with the app to sych it.?

Contributor
Mikelara8

Yes, I have the app. If there was a "how to sync" guide that would be great. And no I do to have a remote setup on my tv guide setup section. My understanding is thats it's via wifi/Internet and the signal goes from the app to the Comcast server to the bo and it registers based on my login id and ip address/ box. Why would I have to do a remote setup when it's not IRD...
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

once the box is registered with comcast your guide on your tv will say remote access set up, meaning the box is paired to the app.  If you are not even seeing that yet your box is not paired.  it could take up to 48 hours to work.  Are you logging into the app with the primary account holders credentials?   Can you watch tv shows on your pc?  if have to get it working on your pc before you can even think of getting it to work on the app.  

Did you go to your profile under your account settings and complete that. 

Honestly I have never seen it work with anything but a dvr box.     you might want to try resetting the app from within the app.   From what I remembe when you synch with the app the app sends a signal to the box in your house and you have to go to the tv and verify it and click ok with the remote on the box for it to start to work I think the app says specifically to make sure you are by the tv when you try to synch with the app. 

Remember all your going to be able to do is change channels with your ipad.  The remote is much easier, but thats my opinion.

here are the instructions on how to synch its pretty easy but here they are written.

• Download and install the app on your phone (from app store or android marketplace)
  • Login using your comcast.net ID (you should have it on your bill / chat with tech support to get it)
  • Identify your set top box. Make sure it is from the list of compatible boxes listed on comcast’s site
  • Most people will get an error (and tech support does not know how to trouble shoot this). Other people will not even see the STB name identified on the screen. Don’t worry just read on
  • Now enter your zip code and select the correct channel listing.
  • All features work but the channel changing function.

Here’s how to make the channel changing feature work

1. Log into xfinity TV on fancast. Use the same comcast.net ID
  2. Go to My DVR manager page and setup sync (I am not sure how this works for people with no DVR service). The site will say sync might take up to 24 hrs to complete. Ignore it
  3. Now you will see that your TV is atleast identified by the xfinity app (you can check this by going to settings on the app and test tv)
  4. Next, using your comcast remote select menu, then select parental control, then select exit
Contributor
Mikelara8

@ rog. I've done pretty much everything you have already listed below prior to writing this original post. I'm the primary account holder, I have the most updated software for my Mac, iPhone, iPad, i can watch tv on all my devices via the app and I have the hd box that is listed as compitable regardless of me having not dvr. So it looks like its asynchronous problem with my account name, my box and my ip address. Also, please update your list below as fancast.com website no longer exists. Thanks for your input but it seems there some issues out of my hands at this point. Looks like I'll have to make a call instead. Grrrr.
New Visitor
mmelisky

I swapped my DVR months ago and now I can't see the new one in my cable box listings on the app.  It always shows syncing.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

mmelisky wrote:

I swapped my DVR months ago and now I can't see the new one in my cable box listings on the app.  It always shows syncing.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support