New Visitor
KVanDeusen

Xfinity tv app not working on my ipad2 or iphone 4s

On Monday I used the app on my iPad 2 to watch eastbound and down and everything worked fine. Since Tuesday I have been trying to watch Life's Too Short and Luck and I have been unable to. I go to play now and select the episode and the video looks as though it will start playing and then the screen remains black and the timer reads all zeros. I attempted to watch a couple other shows to see if it was just something with the hbo section but nothing else would work either. No error message is showing up. Just a black screen. Please respond soon, if I am unable to watch game of thrones we are going to have serious issues.
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Xfinity tv app not working on my ipad2 or iphone 4s

KVanDeusen wrote:
On Monday I used the app on my iPad 2 to watch eastbound and down and everything worked fine. Since Tuesday I have been trying to watch Life's Too Short and Luck and I have been unable to. I go to play now and select the episode and the video looks as though it will start playing and then the screen remains black and the timer reads all zeros. I attempted to watch a couple other shows to see if it was just something with the hbo section but nothing else would work either. No error message is showing up. Just a black screen. Please respond soon, if I am unable to watch game of thrones we are going to have serious issues.

Try deleting your history on the app.

Open the app and go to Settings > History and click clear all history and try again.

If it still does not work, try watching a video on another wireless network and see if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
KVanDeusen

I cleared the history and I'm trying using it on a different connection and it's still doing the same thing. Is anyone else having this problem?
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

the system is hit or miss on a daily basis, I can watch somthing one day and the next I can't, then the next day its back, doesn't matter if Im on my network or a different one the results are the same.  It all seemed to work well until the last app update.  Unfortunately it seems to be the way that it is.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

rog286713 wrote:

the system is hit or miss on a daily basis, I can watch somthing one day and the next I can't, then the next day its back, doesn't matter if Im on my network or a different one the results are the same.  It all seemed to work well until the last app update.  Unfortunately it seems to be the way that it is.

Try going here and removing all of your available devices:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh

Once you do that, please try watching a video again.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Ill give that a try joe thanks.

New Visitor
mbrenne72

I just started using the Xfinity app.  Got through most of True Blood season one without a single issue until the last two episodes.  The video would just freeze after a few minutes of play.  Sometimes I would get a minute or two and then it might run for five or ten minutes.  Had to keep stopping and restarting the video.  Seemed that skipping ahead of the problem by a few seconds resolved it - almost like a scratch on a DVD.  I followed the history clearing advice and removed my iPhone from the list of devices at Comcast website.  Still having the freezing problems, now on video 3 of season 2.  I even removed the app and reinstalled.  NO idea what the problem is but hope they fix it!