Contributor

XfinityTV IPAD app has program listing off by one day

I have used the xfinity tv application on my Ipad for pretty much since it launched.  It's definitely had it's bugs which over time get corrected and I generally like it, but now it's doing something that I just can't figure out. 

When I open up the app it shows all of the stations and programs. I can change the channel, but the show that is showing up on the screen on my IPAD is at the right time, but is the show for TOMORROW - not now, not in the present time.  For example on the app it will say that Titanic is starting at 7:00 PM on AMC, so I click Titanic and then touch the "Watch On TV" button and it does change channel to AMC but NO TITANIC.  I check and sure enough Titanic is showing, but not until 7:00 PM TOMORROW night.  It's off by a day EXACTLY.  I know this because I click on the "Today" button next to the times and sure enough I change it to the next day and what is currently showing up on the TV is what is showing up on the app as tomorrow. 

The only way I've been able to fix this is to delete the application and then add it back, which takes about 2 minutes.  However, the fix only lasts about a day and sure enough I come home from work, open the app, and it's off by a day once again.

I can't figure it out.  Anyone else have their TV programming off synch by a day?  If so, how did you fix it?  Thanks,

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: XfinityTV IPAD app has program listing off by one day

tshadley99 wrote:

I have used the xfinity tv application on my Ipad for pretty much since it launched.  It's definitely had it's bugs which over time get corrected and I generally like it, but now it's doing something that I just can't figure out. 

When I open up the app it shows all of the stations and programs. I can change the channel, but the show that is showing up on the screen on my IPAD is at the right time, but is the show for TOMORROW - not now, not in the present time.  For example on the app it will say that Titanic is starting at 7:00 PM on AMC, so I click Titanic and then touch the "Watch On TV" button and it does change channel to AMC but NO TITANIC.  I check and sure enough Titanic is showing, but not until 7:00 PM TOMORROW night.  It's off by a day EXACTLY.  I know this because I click on the "Today" button next to the times and sure enough I change it to the next day and what is currently showing up on the TV is what is showing up on the app as tomorrow. 

The only way I've been able to fix this is to delete the application and then add it back, which takes about 2 minutes.  However, the fix only lasts about a day and sure enough I come home from work, open the app, and it's off by a day once again.

I can't figure it out.  Anyone else have their TV programming off synch by a day?  If so, how did you fix it?  Thanks,

Try re-entering your zip code and service area on the app and see if it works. A refresh and save usually clears up any time issues. Re-enter your zip code and service area even if it is entered correctly.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

Where do you change the zip, etc, on the app?  There is the 'setting' button in the upper left of the screen, looks like a little wheel.  Is it under there?  If so, where?

Again, when I delete the application entirely and add it back on my iPAD - which only requires me to first enter my applie ID password to get the download started, and then when the app icon is done loading I click it. 

Then I enter my "Comcast ID or Email" and then my "Password" per the screen and hit the "Sign In" button.  I enter the information and then I get a message saing, "You have one eligible bo for TV control" and then telling me to identify my boes by turning on the tv, etc.  I only have one box, and it's listed there.  The only option on this screen is "Continue" which I click.

I then get the ,"Welcome to the xfinity TV app!" with all the little blue arrows pointing to the different parts of the app, and the application works fine...for about one day, and then it's off by a day.  It doesn't ask me for a zip code, or anything else. And why would it work for a day or so and then be off by a day?  It's a good application but it definitely deserves the 2 1/2 stars it's getting on the application screen of the iPAD.  I think that's generous.

So, any suggestions where and what I need to change and will I need to do this every few days?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

you do it on your pc.  click the tv tab on the top of this page.  Then you will see your profile and a way to update it.  Click through all those steps and on of them is setting the zip

Contributor

The screen's title - at the top is "My Xfinity Profile"  Underneath that is profile snapshot which has account number, primary user ID, and then the services I use.  Over to the right and a little down is a box titled, "Devices and Diagonostics" and it lists my zip (which is correct), 'my linup', dvr manager status, que status, public IP address, etc.  There doesn't appear to be a way to edit this info.

My "Profile Setup" is 100% complete.  This is in the upper right side of the screen.

So, I see my profile but per your replay I do not see a way to update it.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

by your profile is drop down arrow. click that and do complete set up go through all the steps once that is done your complete.  What does it say for mydvr manager when you get to that step.  If your still getting errors you can try to delete the set up by going to your box menu and to remote set up and then delete it and then try to resynch it again. 

Contributor

I'm already 100%complete.  I went through all the steps previously.  I'm going to just wait this one out.  The app worked fine for months and months and now it's not.  Thanks for your help, but if this application is this screwed up (which per the thousands of reviews indicate it is screwed up) then it's not worth wasting anymore of my time.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

it does work, I have it and i never have a problem with it. 

Contributor

Well congratulations.  All I know is that this application is getting LOW reviews pretty much across the board from THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of people. 

This application has a lot of potential but it's obvioulsy not ready for prime time.  When something goes wrong and you requires people to jump through a ton of hoops JUST TO GET LUCKY and HOPING something will work, then you have a problem.

Again, I'm glad yours works.  However there are THOUSANDS of people who rightfully have an application that does NOT work.  Maybe instead of having 'volunteers' who get some sort of kick out of helping people with their problems that they instead should get the actual programmers (in India no doubt) try to fix this stuff.

Keep this one as NOT FIXED as it isn't.

Program works for months and months and then it stops working.  I can guarantee you it wasn't something I did on my end.  Comcast screwed something up and can't even fix it.

All I know for certain is when I get ot of my loft and I get back to where I can get a satellite dish that I'll be dumping ALL of Comcast ASAP.  Their history of customer service is horrible and their reputation, with problems such as this, just makes it worse.

Please don't respond to me.  If someone from Comcast actually wants to that's fine but I don't need some geek volunteer to try to solve Comcast's problems.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

tshadley99,

1. Click the Settings tab in the bottom right hand corner of the app.

2. Then click "Channel Lineup"

3. Then click "Add Location" even if the right zip code is selected.

4. Type in your zip code and then select your service area

5. Click Save

Let me know if these steps work.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor

ComcastJoe, I got some very helpful advise from one of your 'helpers' in a personal e-mail.  His name on here is rog286713. It said, "You get what you deserve!!!"  I'm assuming he gives advice with Comcast's approval?

Can you please advise who WITHIN COMCAST I can complain to as I'm sure that getting degrading e-mails from people who you allow you to post on your site, apparently with your approval as technicians, is unacceptable.  

I will see if I can forward the e-mail to you and you can talk to 'rog' about how sending rude and immature e-mails to your customers who fork over more than $100 bucks a month for cable/and internet access probably is not in your best interest.

Contributor
meloyelo51

My app is not listing the correct shows.  Reinstalling it yesterday fixed it, but it is off again today.  I saw this post and checked to see if its off by a day...but I can't figure out what it is off by, its just completely wrong.  Re-added my zip and lineup and everything came up TBD while refreshing, but still incorrect.  Even tried a neighboring zip code to force it to refresh and same problem.  Also certain times are not available to even scroll to.

Iphone 4S, app version 1.8.1110261

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Meloyelo51 &

Contributor
meloyelo51

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the late response.  The listings on the web site are correct...they do not match the listings shown in the iphone app.

For example at 12/18 1:00 am, channel 40 (TNT) is showing "Pretty Woman" and the website correctly shows that, but the phone is saying it should be "Shawshank Redemption"

My zip is 22407 (I also tried 22405) I've tried the listings for stafford/fredericksbug/spotsylvania and they are all incorrect on the phone.

After searching the listings on the web, Shawshank Redemption should have been

Sun 12/18 6:00-9:00p 040 TNT, 249 TNTHD, 825 TNTHD

The iphone app won't let me go back to see what it would have showed for yesterday

Hope that helps

Matt

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

meloyelo51 wrote:

Sorry for the late response.  The listings on the web site are correct...they do not match the listings shown in the iphone app.

For example at 12/18 1:00 am, channel 40 (TNT) is showing "Pretty Woman" and the website correctly shows that, but the phone is saying it should be "Shawshank Redemption"

My zip is 22407 (I also tried 22405) I've tried the listings for stafford/fredericksbug/spotsylvania and they are all incorrect on the phone.

After searching the listings on the web, Shawshank Redemption should have been

Sun 12/18 6:00-9:00p 040 TNT, 249 TNTHD, 825 TNTHD

The iphone app won't let me go back to see what it would have showed for yesterday

Hope that helps

Matt

I tested your settings and the times were correct for me.

Is the date and time correct on your iPhone?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
meloyelo51

The phone date time has always been correct.  I just checked the app and a few channels, it seems to be fine now without changing anything.  Maybe there was some sort of leftover old data.  I'll come back if it stops working.

Thanks for the help.

Contributor
Bill-F

I'm sorry to see that other people are having this problem.

I have only found two fixes:

1)  Sign out of xfinity (do this from the settings screen) and then sign back in.

2)  Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Obviously option (1) is the easiest.

Here are some other notes:

My iPad has always had the correct time and date so while I don't know where the app is getting the time/date. It certainly isn't coming from the iPad.  Perhaps it is getting it from the xfinity servers.

The time isn't always off by exactly one day but the listings generally are for around 23-25 hours in the future.  The frustrating this is that the date/time listings at the top of the screen are correct. 

It happens to me every couple of days.  Things will be fine and then I will launch the app again and it will give the wrong program line up.  I have not tried to wait around to see if the problem will fix itself.

New Visitor
Whyzerman

Not sure how old this post is but I am having the same issue. I was able to fix it using joes suggestion however he left out an important step after adding your zip code.

When I did this there were 2 listings:

Comcast recommended lineup DAC: 155_187
My zip and area

To force the refresh I had to select the "Comcast reccomends" listing then click my zip.

Whatever DAC: 155_187 is seems to be the issue.
Contributor

The bigger question is that obviously a lot of people arehavingthis issue. You can do workarounds, uninstall, reinstall, etc, but at the end of the day this app needs to be fixed by Comcast and they apparently can't figure this one out. This app continues to get very low ratings from users on the app store. I'm not surprised by comcasts lack of wanting to address these fixes and it only hurts their already very poor reputation as a company overall. I won't even get into the fact that they have Comcast 'helpers' who's send very rude personal emails to someone who pays over $150 a month for Internet and cable. The first chance I get I am dumping Comcast but unfortunately they are the only cable company in town so they can get away with such poor and rude service.
Contributor
meloyelo51

I'm not sure what the deal is with it.  The day after I said it was working fine it was off again so I gave up with the holidays.  Getting a notice that someone replied to the thread I tried again and it is working now...so there seems to be some random intermittent problem with the data the phone is downloading.  It seems to work better like now around 10pm or so but if I'm checking when it downloads a new listing after 12am its doing the wrong thing.  I'm not 100% sure if thats actually related, but the problem is still coming and going.

New Visitor
kharvey1

[ Edited ]
I have th CNN app and view it every morning. As of last night the app is not working. I have tried everything and believe it is a Comcast problem. Comcast please do something. I will answer my own question to help others. I just uninstalled my CNN app, went to the app store and reinstalled the app. I am now up and running. This may help with other quirky apps. . . . .
New Visitor
KBUTU

Mine is off by one hour. When it is ten pm it shows programs for eleven pm. I have reset as you instructed for the previous complaint of being off by a day... Had no impact. This just started happening today (01-18-2012) Any idea what to do?
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

KBUTU wrote:
Mine is off by one hour. When it is ten pm it shows programs for eleven pm. I have reset as you instructed for the previous complaint of being off by a day... Had no impact. This just started happening today (01-18-2012) Any idea what to do?

Is the date and time on your device correct?

Have you tried un-installing and reinstalling the app?

Are your listings correct at www.xfinitytv.com/tv-listings?

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
KBUTU

Yes the date and time were/are correct....for some reason it is fine today????

Hmmm...

Contributor
meloyelo51

If it helps to diagnose, I have had a little luck on the come and go issue with the times being correct sometimes and not others.  (when all of your listings show as TBD while they load)

It seems to confuse the listings when they are refreshed by the app after midnight or so.  Im not sure of the exact window to "not do it in" but I was testing my theory by changing my channel line up to the same thing in a neighboring zip code and then changing back to the correct one (to force it to refresh) in the afternoon at work or in the evening and havent had the trouble.  Almost everytime I don't touch the app till 2-3 in the morning its wrong.  Its a theory and may be coincidence, but if other people start coming across it by testing this it could help.

Lol, its easier than uninstalling and reinstalling the app everytime you want to watch tv.

New Visitor
Goochland001

Having same problem where app works a time or two, then gets off by a day or so.  Only way to fix is logout/login or re-install app.  Time settings are correct on iPad.  Normally, the first time I open the app, it crashes.  I open it a second time, and sometimes it has the correct listings, and sometimes it is a day ahead.  Love the app when it works, just doesn't work many times.  Frustrating.

Visitor
gingerale1967

I have Iphone 4s. I got my app and it was fine for a month or two then it started crashing when opened. I would just reopen it. Then it jumped ahead 3 hours and I tried the suggestions, turned off auto set time in iphone settings, that did not work. I reinstalled the app and it was ok for a maybe a week and then it jumed ahead a full day like one of the above descriptions. I  reinstalled this morning and it worked the first time then I opened it the second time and it was three hours ahead. This time I left location settings to default dac171.

This app appears to be vulnerable and unreliable.

Visitor
gingerale1967

[ Edited ]

Let's see, I got less than 24 hours of use this time and I am now not going to use this app anymore. It is sad becasue this company seems rather uninterrested in producing a product that is not oily in some way. Oily like Orwell oily. Oily like oily chocolate or oily coffee or oily gin. From this poor app to the very jerky and slow performance on the web site guide to the purposely niched packages that always manage to exclude what you want to the way you can never get the latest special if you are a long time customer, things are never really very good. The cable bill of 1996 did us, the consumer, no good, we just get more garbage not better TV. Been forced to deal with this company for most of my life of 44 years and it is always the lowest common denominator, from crappy customer NO service, oceans of reps who know next to nothing reading off a teleprompter, 30 minute waits on hold over problems that should have never happened to me because of weak counter sales reps. Don't get me started on the prices because there is no competition in my market thanks to congress.

This company is rotten. 

Hello TV Guide! 

Contributor

Just to touch base since I first started this problem thread.

In a nutshell this app still doesn't work.  I pulled it up on my iPad tonight and was excited to see that a new South Park episode was going to be on.  So I turned to Comedy Central only to find not South Park, but an episode of Tosh.O.  The South Park episide is TOMORROW - exactly one day off just the same as when I first posted this issue.

So, since I've posted this I've gotten a very rude e-mail from a customer service rep, I've had the customer service folks tell me every which way but Sunday how this is not their problem, and in the end it's still not working.  The only good thing is that it's apparent that this is not just me. 

The good news... starting May 1 I will be moving to my new place where I don't have to buy Comcast to get cable.  Yeah!  Seriously, the only way I can get any cable now is via Comcast.  They have a monopoly on my entire city.  So goodbye Comcast.  May you forever be known as the worse customer service company on the planet.

Contributor
Bill-F

This is just to confirm:  I am also having this problem even thought there have been several updates to Xfinity.

The quick fix is to sign off and then sign back on whenever you suspect that the listings are off.

I have not figured out exactly what causes this behaviour but I am beginning to suspect the following:

If you go for a day or two without using Xfinity and then open up Xfinity and then try scrolling the screen before Xfinity has downloaded the updated schedule from the Comcast server, the app gets confused and is off by one day.  I might be wrong about the scrolling but the problem seems to require that you haven't opened Xfinity for a while.

I agree -- this is very frustrating because you are never sure you are looking at the correct schedule.  The schedule you see is plausible but it might be wrong.

Visitor
gingerale1967

[ Edited ]

It has been both one day ahead and also three hours ahead suddenly after just letting it sit for a few minutes. The failure seems to be worse now as last time I intalled it I got only a few hours out of it. I uninstalled mine and installed TV guide app and it works fine so far after about a week of use. It can be set for your cable provider so you get the same stuff and I've only found a few discrepencies.

Get the TV guide app

Regular Contributor

I'm having the same problem. It seems to work ok on my iPhone 3GS, but not on my iPad which is the new one. I've tried deleting and reloading the app and it works initially, but the goes back to showing tomorrow's listing instead of today's. It also duplicates the time across the top for example it'll read 10:00 10:30 10:30 11:00 11:30 11:30 etc.
New Visitor
Dec57

I ran into this 3 times, all 3 issues... Off by a day, an hour, wrong dup. Times across top. easy fix. Double click home button... Recent apps across bottom. Press and hold any app. The minus sign shows up, delete xfinity tv app... It stops it. Go back and restart it. Problem solved. Shouldn't happen I. First place however. Sorry for all the typos... Lazy.
Visitor
gingerale1967

Glad to see that after a year and a half of this app not working properly comcast finally paid someone to fix it, hopefully. I have it installed and i'll post if it crashes again. I don't control my TV with it nor do it use it to watch any TV yet, I have sprint TV and hardly ever use that anyway. (Sprint fixed their TV app to work with iphone4s). Thanks comcast for stepping up to the plate and at least giving us some new oil to try.