New Visitor
linssen

cannot control cable box with iphone xfinity ap

I am working my way through a series of issues with my christmas Triple play installation....

I have the xfinity ap setup on my phone, it sees my cable box and I can record from my phone but I do not have any "remote" functions. The test tab does nothing. I have a Motorola DCX3400 cable box and it has been up and running for about three weeks.

Thanks for the help

Peter

New Visitor
linssen

Re: cannot control cable box with iphone xfinity ap

Poking around this is a pretty common problem.... My cable box has been reset a number of times and the app has been reinstalled numerous times.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

linssen wrote:

I am working my way through a series of issues with my christmas Triple play installation....

I have the xfinity ap setup on my phone, it sees my cable box and I can record from my phone but I do not have any "remote" functions. The test tab does nothing. I have a Motorola DCX3400 cable box and it has been up and running for about three weeks.

Thanks for the help

Peter

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
linssen

Thank You Joe

New Visitor
linssen

I am guessing that there is a backlog of these issues. It has been well over 72 hours and I have not been contacted...

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

are you signing in with the primary user credentials?

have you unplugged your box?

have you signed out of the app?

have you downloaded the xinfity remmote app and player app and do they both not work for you?

have you gone here under cable boxes and dvr'[s what does it say?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

have you gone to your cable box hit menu gone to cable box set up and then to remote access set up and delete it and try again?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The app can also be controlled when signed in as a secondary user. There is no "only the primary account can use the app" rule.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.