Contributor
tisenberg

iPad 2 Xfinity TV app - no video

I have never been able to watch anything with the XFinity TV app.   It either sits on a blank screen or with something like HBO, it shows the initial HBO splash screen with sound and then goes to the black screen.  I have tried this off and on for several months.  I have uninstalled and re-installed it several times.  I've tried to use different channels in the lineup, not sure what else to do.  It would be nice if this worked for me :smileysad:

Any help appreciated (yes, I've reinstalled it recently... did it ten minutes ago).

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: iPad 2 Xfinity TV app - no video

couple of things.  are you able to get it to work on your home pc?  Also what cable box do you have?

check this page

http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/internet/mobile-tv-app/

make sure your zipcode is correct in your account settings and you are logged in as the primary account holder. 

Contributor
tisenberg

I watch shows con comcast.net all the time, probably almost every night.   I'm pretty sure my zip code is right since I've tried a few others to troubleshoot.   I do however, most likely don't have a cable box that is supported because I've looked into it for controlling the DVR.  For now, I'm just trying to watch shows listed, not anything really with the cable box (DVR).

There are some shows that start off with their logo since as HBO and it's like the start of any HBO movie with sound, but then when the splash screen goes away, I just get a blank screen with no sound or movie controls (IE: stop, play, pause, etc).

Contributor
tisenberg

I recently got a new one, it is a cisco RNG200N which I don't see on the list, but again, while I hope to control the DVR at some point, that is not my current problem.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

the app for controlling cable box on works on motorola or pace boxes but your in a cisco market.  I take it you are a current hbo subscriber and are you able to watch hbogo on your ipad.

Contributor
tisenberg

Pretty much many channels. They start but no shows video or sound come through and no errors just sits there. Yes to the hbo.
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

tisenberg wrote:
Pretty much many channels. They start but no shows video or sound come through and no errors just sits there. Yes to the hbo.

Make sure you have the most up to date version of the app installed (1.8).

Please send the following information to info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com so we can further assist you.

We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release personal information in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Device you are using:

Please also include a link to this post so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe