Contributor
Thewiz68

iPad tv app will not find my cable boxes

Have contacted Comcast 3 times in the last week and the app still will not see my 3 boxes? Any thoughts
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: iPad tv app will not find my cable boxes

do you have motorola boxes?  The xfinity tv app only works in a motorola/pace region.  it does not work with cisco or SA boxes.  If you do have a moto box make sure you can get xfinity tv working online first.  There you will see your profile info click there to complete your profile and one of the things to do is my dvr manager click through that to active.  if you don't have the moto box then it does not work for you

Contributor
Thewiz68

Yes yes yes , all is correct. Can't set up any thing online or with the app because when set up checks for cable boxes it does not see them. This is the problem that Comcast seems not to be able to fix for me!!!!!
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Thewiz68 wrote:
Have contacted Comcast 3 times in the last week and the app still will not see my 3 boxes? Any thoughts

Go here and make sure that you are using a compatible DVR.

If you are using a compatible box and are still having issues, please send the following information to info@xfinitytv.com so we can further assist you. We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release your personal information in a public forum

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Makes, Models, and the names of all your set-top boxes:

The name(s) of your set-top box that is giving you issues:

Please also include a link to your post so we can accurately track your issue. For more DVR Manager information and questions, please go here.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
Thewiz68

Could I just post a ticket number? Now on the fourth call and again a higher tier ticket has been passed on to someone else. How many tiers does Comcast have!!!!!!
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

what comcast area are you in?  does it work on your cable box?

Contributor
Thewiz68

Well comcast just called and said I need to take out my three boxes and return them to Comcast and reinstall them my self to get their app to work. I ?ed send out a repairman why should I have to do it, well you wil have to pay for a service call so our product will work. Got to love Comcast, we won't fix our stuff but your bill better be paid on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Thewiz68

NJ and I can not controll anything because again the app nor through the internet or my iPad can see the boxes to controll? That is the issue that Comcast says the only way to fix is to swap out my three boxes and this should fix it. Just seems they r grasping at straws
Contributor
Thewiz68

Well they sent out a tech but he called first and after hearing what was going on told me he wasn't given boxes for me and that it would not fix it anyway and gave me a different number to call so I did, and again this just led me on another hour and a half or so of being passed around. So they send out a tech but he has to call me to see why he is being sent out! Just think how much lower our bills could be if people at Comcast could do their job the first time!!!!!! So here I go again starting over from square one.