Regular Contributor
owlynagain

iPhone 4s - Cannot Control DVR

Everything about the iPhone app works except that I cannot view my DVR Recording Schedule. I can change channels, record from the TV listings, etc. When I go to "Manage DVR", the app informs me that "The request will open in Safari." Okay, so Safari opens and takes me to a page where I need to log in again, and select Manage My DVR. It switches to the correct screen (DVR Manager), but the DVR schedule never appears. Note that this all works fine from my PC, and it even worked from my BlackBerry. There appears to be something about the iPhone version of the app that does not work properly.

I read elsewhere in these forums that Safari does not have the ability to show the schedule, and to use the latest version of the app, which does not use Safari. Well, I have the latest version of the app, 1.8.1110261, andf it is using Safari.

Please help.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
owlynagain

SOLVED: Re: iPhone 4s - Cannot Control DVR

SOLUTION: Turn off Private Browsing in Safari. I hope this helps others...

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: SOLVED: Re: iPhone 4s - Cannot Control DVR

owlynagain wrote:

SOLUTION: Turn off Private Browsing in Safari. I hope this helps others...

Glad it now works.

Our app team is working on a feature that will allow you to view your upcoming recordings right in the app oppose to opening Safari. I have no other information as in now but I will update this message board when I learn more about it.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe