New Visitor
jpcelite

ipad plays movies in Spanish

when using the xfinity ipad app we select a premium channel movie to watch on the ipad and then when it plays its in spanish...have checked all the ipad settings and they are set to english and there are no settings in the app to change...please help

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: ipad plays movies in Spanish

[ Edited ]

I'm going to check this on my iPad. The movie I tried previously was definitely in English. But I don't subscribe to any premium channels.

Is this only for that one movie or for all movies?

.... Edit: I didn't see any place in the iPad app to change the language to Spanish. Or from Spanish to English. There are many movies on the premium channels, and I didn't see any in my browsing that just happened to be in Spanish.

If you could post some specific examples, I'll bring this to the attention of the forum moderators. 

New Visitor
jpcelite

The movie we tried yesterday was AstroBoy anf it was definitely spanish

What is weird is there are not nay settings to change, and know were on the description does it state anything about language

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Right now, I'm getting no sound whatsoever. If you get a chance, could you check on a free movie?

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

I'm chalking up my "no sound" as user error. I was checking whether sound was on by whether I could hear music from the iPod app. I could do that.

However, the physical mute slider on the iPad was on. So I was getting no sound in other places but I generally turn them off anyway. I slid the mute switch off. I hear sound in movie. Fixed.

Has the Spanish language problem resolved?

New Visitor
Erikprzekop

I'm getting this too. I think that I just selected the Spanish version of the movie, but I can't figure out how to tell the iPad to forget it so I can choose the English version. Am I missing something?
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Erikprzekop wrote:
I'm getting this too. I think that I just selected the Spanish version of the movie, but I can't figure out how to tell the iPad to forget it so I can choose the English version. Am I missing something?

The last post was from 2/15/11, are you having this same issue with AstroBoy? I just tested it and it played in English.

Are you referring to another video?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
ladymack69

This just happened to me on my iphone. It seems to only be a problem with Starz. I played multiple movies and they all have Spanish voice-over.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

ladymack69 wrote:

This just happened to me on my iphone. It seems to only be a problem with Starz. I played multiple movies and they all have Spanish voice-over.

What specific Starz movie(s) are you trying to watch?

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
ladymack69

I tried to watch Little Woman and Topsy Turvy, both of them had Spanish voice-over.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

ladymack69 wrote:

I tried to watch Little Woman and Topsy Turvy, both of them had Spanish voice-over.

There is an English and Spanish version available on the Xfinity TV App; you may just be selecting the wrong one.

Click the "Search" button at the bottom of the app and then type in Little Woman. Two videos will appear under Play Now. Select the first one that appears. It is playing in English for me.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
ladymack69

Joe,

When I select Play Now, and the Starz Channel, only the Spanish version comes up, is there something I can do to fix that?

Shawna

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

ladymack69 wrote:

Joe,

When I select Play Now, and the Starz Channel, only the Spanish version comes up, is there something I can do to fix that?

Shawna

Try uninstalling the app then install it again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Visitor
mikeiimura

I also have the same problem with the xfinity app on my iphone.  The "Prom" currently plays in spanish.  I uninstalled the app and installed it again.  The "Prom" still plays in spanish.  Also, I played another starz movie "outsourced" and that plays in english.  I re-call this happening a few months back with "soul surfer" where every time I played the movie it was in spanish and about 3 weeks after my first attempts to watch the movie it played in english.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

mikeiimura wrote:

I also have the same problem with the xfinity app on my iphone.  The "Prom" currently plays in spanish.  I uninstalled the app and installed it again.  The "Prom" still plays in spanish.  Also, I played another starz movie "outsourced" and that plays in english.  I re-call this happening a few months back with "soul surfer" where every time I played the movie it was in spanish and about 3 weeks after my first attempts to watch the movie it played in english.

I can duplicate this and our team is looking into why an English version is not on the app.

I will update this thread when I learn more.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

New Visitor
Plummerg621

Yes I am having the same issue on my iPhone, some of the play now Starz content only plays in Spanish, and there is only one version
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Plummerg621 wrote:
Yes I am having the same issue on my iPhone, some of the play now Starz content only plays in Spanish, and there is only one version

Can you please tell me what specific Starz videos you are trying to watch so I can further assist you?

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
RDVT

I just ran into the same issue. I'm trying to play "Bad Teacher" on an iPad.
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

RDVT wrote:
I just ran into the same issue. I'm trying to play "Bad Teacher" on an iPad.

I played Bad Teacher and it was the English version.

What path are you using? I am searching for Bad Teacher and only one video for Play Now pops up and it is in English.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
RDVT

I only get one choice and it is from Starz. It looks like it should be the English version but all the dialog is in Spanish. I was able to play a program from HBO with no trouble. Is there a setting anywhere for the default language choice?
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

RDVT wrote:
I only get one choice and it is from Starz. It looks like it should be the English version but all the dialog is in Spanish. I was able to play a program from HBO with no trouble. Is there a setting anywhere for the default language choice?

Are you searching for Bad Teacher from the Search Tab or are you starting it somewhere else? I am still seeing it in English.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
RDVT

I'm just browsing for it within the Xfinity TV app for iPad.
New Visitor
RDVT

Just tried it again and after force quitting the app and restarting it, I'm now getting the English version.
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

RDVT wrote:
I'm just browsing for it within the Xfinity TV app for iPad.

Try searching for the movie and then see if that version plays.

Thanks,
Joe

Visitor
mikeiimura

Found 2 more movies that are supposed to be in English, but must have been uploaded in Spanish:

- Underworld: Awakening

- Midnight in Paris

New Visitor
Snappybitch

With the iPad app, The Fog (on Stars) and My Girl (on Encore) only have [ESP Dub] version available.  This is the case whether search function or browse is used.  Why aren't these movies available in English? 

New Visitor
Snappybitch

Upon further review I do see there is a second choice available but I would suggest that the default version be English and not Spanish.

New Visitor
Jbake

Only one version of the smurfs and superman 3 are available when i search and both are in spanish.  Both are listed under encore.  What do we have to do to watch movies in english...move to mexico?

New Visitor
Jbake

Moneyball is another...everything i see is "esp dub" version...Can't find anything worth watching in good ole fashioned "engles" ;-(

New Visitor
Wrightwood3424

I also tried to watch 21 jump street and cars 2 both play in Spanish On my iPad. What is the fix for this???

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

Are you using the XFINITY TV Player App or the XFINITY TV App? I am using the Player app and the videos are playing in English for me.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
Jbake

using the Xfinity TV app

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Jbake wrote:

using the Xfinity TV app

Please use the XFINITY TV Player app and try watching your video again.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
Csalas999

I am having issues with lots of movies only giving you Spanish version and not English using both apps.  any updates to this issue.  One example is superman 4, finding nemo, big foot, etc...

New Visitor
Ww21945

Why do all movies play in Spanish , on my iPad this is with starz?

New Visitor
Kincaid_J

The player app gives an option to check language for the movie, the tv app doesn't. Why does the tv app default to Spanish and not give an option to change it? Why are there two apps for the same purpose that work differently?
New Visitor

I've been having the same problem with episodes playing in Spanish Boss on Starz when using Xfinity iPad app. 

Also, some episodes do not appear (e.g., S2E5 doesn't show up).

New Visitor
lourdes100

I tried playing movies on my IPad but comes out in Spanish.   Pls help.  thanks.

New Visitor
kimmer7

Having the same problem.  Trying to play Finding Nemo on the iPad app and only a Spanish dub version is available.

New Visitor

same issue on starz - boss episode 10 - spanish... it's funny for a minute...  

The app prompts for english subtitles...  Really??

New Visitor
Goldengrll

Same problem with the Spanish issue. I am using the xfinity tv app vs player on my iPad . I tried installing the player as suggestEd in an earlier post and while it does play in English, the player app has buffering issues that I never had with the tv app . How do we fix the tv app? This is really annoying. 

Btw, I had no problems until I recently installed updates. 

Would sure like to get problem rectified.

New Visitor
Brad---

I just ran into the same issue with Moneyball. In fact I seem to recall finding multiple shows in Spanish in the past but simply gave without looking for a solution. 

So this time I happened to run a search and found this thread by chance. Just in case a Comcast tech happens to see this, could I offer some constructive advice?  It seems the problem is with your app, and this is not a new issue. Check the history of this thread. Check other forums and I'm sure you will find more. This hurts your brand. 

So here's my suggestion. It seems that the Xfinity TV Player works for playing shows, but the Xfinity TV Remote is very poorly designed and faulty. You need to fix the remote app, remove the option to play shows within it, or kill the app entirely.

Frankly I think you have far too many apps, all of which are poorly developed. This should be a showcase for your service, not a piecemeal display of half broken apps that bury valuable services and features.

Imagine for a moment that I hadn't found this thread.  I would have had no idea that there was an app called Xfinity Tv Player. And I would have been left to assume that the remote app was your best portal for content over the iPad. Guess what other options I am using.  That's right, Hulu Plus and Netflix.  And you know what, those apps work. They are simple to navigate and are reliable. You guys need to compete or be prepared to join Blockbuster. 

New Visitor
Ksscooper

I am using the latest version of the player app and tried to watch episodes from season 2 by selecting channels-History(the white h, not h2 or History en espanol)-select swamp people-select episode 2, then episode 3 and both start with the intro graphic showing History en Español and the shows are dubbed in Spanish.