New Visitor
rschainker

"Sorry we've experienced some difficulty playing your video"

Mini Ipad2, XFINITY Player App.  Won't play selected videos.  Logged in just fine.  But when I go to play, receive the error "Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video"  Happens pretty much every day.

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: "Sorry we've experienced some difficulty playing your video"

First I have to say it, there is no ipad mini 2 its ipad mini only.

make sure you logged in with the primary account holders credentials

does this happen on every video or just some

try this

log out of your account, delete the app, restart the pad, download the app, log in, try again.   make sure you are subscribed to the shows you want to watch.  Do they work on your computer.  You also need to be close to the wireless to get them to show properly.

New Visitor
rschainker

you are correct it is an ipad mini.  we also have an ipad2, my apologies.

we just got the ipad mini like a month ago and it never worked consistently, we just uninstall and reinstall try it a few times and then switch to netflix if we can't get it going.  yes i can watch on the computer just fine. thanks 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

does it work on the ipad 2 at all.   We need to isolate what the issue is. you have two ipads does it do the same thing right by the wireless router>  what speed internet do you subscribe to?

New Visitor
rschainker

It works on the ipad2 just fine. I have comcast internet, no idea ehat the speed is. Sorry
New Visitor
Aauroraa

I am having the exact same problem. TV works fine, xfinity on my computer works fine, the OLD xfinity "play now" app WORKED fine - however the old app no longer allows me to stream to my phone because it auto launches into the NEW app, (or promps me to load the new app). The new app lets me sign in, seems to recognize me, but will always give me that darned error message. I tried signing out - delete - restart - reinstall - re-sign in - it didn't help.
New Visitor
hjtyson

exact same error message, also on the iPad mini, also on the app :smileysad:  it works fine from the computer...  any thoughts?

New Visitor
Ravarlese

I have the same issue and have had the issue ever since the app split in two. I used to watch just fine on the old app. This problem is on 4 devices. My iPhone 4, my wife's iPhone 4S, my iPad 3 and my wife's iPad 1.
New Visitor
melodylewis3230

I am having the same problem. I pay for the extra internet speed and still it will not play. I even downloaded the shows that I wanted to watch and they will not even play.