Access ESPN3

How can I access ESPN3 thru Xfinity

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Access ESPN3

tpsamer wrote:

Hello,

Here is the link: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/specials/sports . On the right side click on espn3 link then follow the instructions and you done.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

tpsamer wrote:

Just to add on to what tpsamer said:

You also have to be a Xfinity Internet customer to have access to ESPN3.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Visitor
DDSBuckeye

I am a new customer to xfinity internet and wanted to watch ESPN3. I've tried everything with following links and going through Comcast website to find out how and nothing has worked.  My WatchESPN page says powered by Time Warner and when I try to view anything it says Im not a valid Time Warner Customer.  Am I somehow misassociated with Time Warner and is that something I can change?  I've gone through the Remote Access button on the ESPN site and it says my internet provider is eligible and that it has been synched with my ESPN account but still "powered by Time Warner"

help?

I was a previous Time Warner customer so I don't know if that has something to do with a previous registration and does anyone know how to change that?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

DDSBuckeye wrote:

I am a new customer to xfinity internet and wanted to watch ESPN3. I've tried everything with following links and going through Comcast website to find out how and nothing has worked.  My WatchESPN page says powered by Time Warner and when I try to view anything it says Im not a valid Time Warner Customer.  Am I somehow misassociated with Time Warner and is that something I can change?  I've gone through the Remote Access button on the ESPN site and it says my internet provider is eligible and that it has been synched with my ESPN account but still "powered by Time Warner"

help?

I was a previous Time Warner customer so I don't know if that has something to do with a previous registration and does anyone know how to change that?

As an Xfinity Internet customer, you can watch live ESPN sporting events on ESPN3.com but you currently cannot watch live streamed shows like Sportscenter, Mike and Mike, etc.
The addition of live streams of these shows is a feature we are considering to add in the future. I will pass this along as a request to see this fearture added.
Thanks,
Joe
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
tbcuse

I was having the exact same problem.  To fix it I upgraded my version of Firefox, and the next time I attempted to launch ESPN3 it said "Powered by Xfinity" instead of "Powered by Time Warner Cable" and I was instantly watching games!  Hope this helps.

New Visitor
_pmh_

FYI, I encountered this same issue -- was a previous Time Warner customer, now a Comcast customer.  Clearing my browser cache in its entirety (e.g., all cookies, etc.) and then refreshing the ESPN3 page fixed the issue.  The "Powered by Xfinity" logo then came up and all was well.

New Visitor
Bravesbill

This still does not work.  When I first arrive at ESPN3.com, it says it is powered by Infinity.  However, when I sign into my account it reverts back to Time Warner (I was a former Time Warner customer).  When it reverts, I can't access the site.  How do I fix this?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Bravesbill wrote:

This still does not work.  When I first arrive at ESPN3.com, it says it is powered by Infinity.  However, when I sign into my account it reverts back to Time Warner (I was a former Time Warner customer).  When it reverts, I can't access the site.  How do I fix this?

Did deleting your cookies and cache not work? If so, try try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
Shalupa63

I just just got off chat with both Livi and Levi and they have told me that I do not have to be an internet customer to have access to  ESPN 3. I just had to be a comcast customer, set up an email login user/name with them and I would have access to it.

Mind you, I do have the digital package and HBO but they never mentioned that as making a difference.

I just want to watch some March madness and this will allow me to do so.

Just be careful of the symbols you use in your password when you set up the account. I kept using _ and it would never let me advance and kept putting back to the top of the screen to start filling out all my informaiton again.

That became a high level of frustration as the chat reps have no access to what you did and can only guess or reapeat the party line that they are sorry. i certainly don't blame them as this appears to be the company mantra.

Hey Comcast "Give your people more power to make decisions even if they are in the Phillipines"; reduces customer frustration ten fold.

That's my 2 bits

New Visitor
BamaLance

Been an Xfinity customer a long time. Just tried to access ESPN3. It gave me a choice of three providers (BrightHouse, Time Warner and Verizon Fois). Could not access through Xfinity. No idea why.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

BamaLance wrote:

Been an Xfinity customer a long time. Just tried to access ESPN3. It gave me a choice of three providers (BrightHouse, Time Warner and Verizon Fois). Could not access through Xfinity. No idea why.

If you go to ESPN3.com, near the bottom of the page it will show you a list of upcoming programs.

With Xfinity Internet, you can currently only watch programs that are from ESPN3. You can filter by just ESPN3 content on the site.

As for the other networks like ESPN, ESPN 2, and ESPN U, they are all coming soon. Comcast and Walt Disney (owns 80% of ESPN) struck a distribution agreement that will bring these to Xfinity customers. There is currently no launch date for this yet but keep checking these boards for updates.

For more details about the agreement, go here.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor

I tried all the links above on my iPad and they lead to the installation of the iPad espn3 app. When you do this, the app asks you to select a provider, and Comcast isn't on the list. Cheers
Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

Next month they will add comcast to the watch espn app and website. That is what I have been told before. Guess it takes time to add 42million people to the app.

New Visitor
Oliecarden

I have xfinity and I also have the watchespn application on my Xbox 360. For a while I could watch replayed games, but now it won't let me watch anything even the exact games I used to re watch. It tells me to go to espn website but its been hours of searching and I can't find anything.