Contributor
carolann1

Can't save my favorite tv listing??

New to Comcast and have been trying to save my favorite tv listing and it is not working.  I have the correct zip code and time zone and I do not delete my cookies after logging off.  I have tried saving favs at the guide listing and also at Profile set up. Click on the heart to make it red and then click save and continue but when I go back to pull up my favorite list the small block of info of how to set up your favorite list shows.  I do have a splitter from the wall cable to a tv and my laptop, I really like watching tv while surfing the web so I would like to keep the splitter. That is the only thing I can think of that might affect the listing.  When I first tried to activate my Comcast I needed to contact support and we had to unhook the splitter in order to activate??  Any help would be appreciated.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Can't save my favorite tv listing??

carolann1 wrote:

New to Comcast and have been trying to save my favorite tv listing and it is not working.  I have the correct zip code and time zone and I do not delete my cookies after logging off.  I have tried saving favs at the guide listing and also at Profile set up. Click on the heart to make it red and then click save and continue but when I go back to pull up my favorite list the small block of info of how to set up your favorite list shows.  I do have a splitter from the wall cable to a tv and my laptop, I really like watching tv while surfing the web so I would like to keep the splitter. That is the only thing I can think of that might affect the listing.  When I first tried to activate my Comcast I needed to contact support and we had to unhook the splitter in order to activate??  Any help would be appreciated.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
carolann1

I like using IE8 whenever I tried previously to use others I have more problems than it is worth. Kinda seems silly to have to use another browser just to access comcast fav tv listing for myself.  Got any other suggestions?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

carolann1 wrote:

I like using IE8 whenever I tried previously to use others I have more problems than it is worth. Kinda seems silly to have to use another browser just to access comcast fav tv listing for myself.  Got any other suggestions?

This is not a permanent solution but it will have us narrow down the issue. You have said that you are not deleting your cookies so I do not know if it is a browser issue, computer issue, or a system issue. Testing this will greatly help us in finding the solution to this problem.

If you still feel uncomfortable changing browsers, please make sure that your browser is not set up to where it is deleting your cookies upon exiting the browser.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
carolann1

I checked my Internet browser and it is set up to not delete cookies after logging off.  I was happy to connect using Comcast seems like I can accomplish everything else but this one quirk.  At least so far connection is slower than I thought it would be.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

carolann1 wrote:

I checked my Internet browser and it is set up to not delete cookies after logging off.  I was happy to connect using Comcast seems like I can accomplish everything else but this one quirk.  At least so far connection is slower than I thought it would be.

Try deleting all of your cookies and cache and then try again. There may be old data that is conflicting with favorites from saving.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
carolann1

I cleared the cookies and cache and still can not save favs or even my zip and service area!  I have even been using Yahoo Messenger with Comcast and get the message "my internet connection has reliability issues".  Just doesn't seem like the activation worked correctly? Whenever I attempt to go to different web sites at times the site comes in but other times the green bar at the bottom of my screen just sits at the half way mark and can be like that for five minutes or so and never really connects just sits there.  Having more issues everytime I go on line.

New Visitor
iapft

Cannot save zip and service area on TV listings website

Like the previous poster who had this complaint, I have cleared the cookies and cache and still cannot save my zip and service area on your TV listings website!  Unlike the previous poster, I do not appear to have anything wrong with my browser (IE9, Windows Vista) or my internet connection.  I live in metropolitan Boston, but every time I go to your website, it behaves as though I live in Philadelphia (zip code 19103).  I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix this, including the directions on your site for saving my current location, but nothing has worked.  Can you please help?

Thank you

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Cannot save zip and service area on TV listings website

iapft wrote:

Like the previous poster who had this complaint, I have cleared the cookies and cache and still cannot save my zip and service area on your TV listings website!  Unlike the previous poster, I do not appear to have anything wrong with my browser (IE9, Windows Vista) or my internet connection.  I live in metropolitan Boston, but every time I go to your website, it behaves as though I live in Philadelphia (zip code 19103).  I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix this, including the directions on your site for saving my current location, but nothing has worked.  Can you please help?

Thank you

Are you signing into XFINITYTV.com?

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
iapft

No, I wasn't signing in.  Doing so has fixed my problem. 

Thank you!

Visitor
douggw

I have the opposite problem.  The favorites online stay put perfectly.  But they never sync to the tv, so the tv favorites never match the online favorites.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

douggw wrote:

I have the opposite problem.  The favorites online stay put perfectly.  But they never sync to the tv, so the tv favorites never match the online favorites.

I am sorry but the online and set-top box listings do not sync up.

This is a feature that we are considering adding in the future. I will forward this to our product team as a feature request.

Thanks,
Joe

Visitor
douggw

I guess that would explain why then.  With everything else syncing up, I just thought the favorites would to.  That way I don't have to add them twice, and it's SO much easier to set up favorites online than using the guide.