New Visitor
dsdavis

Cannot access "SHOWTIME ANYTIME" content through Comcast- but I subscribe!!!

I recently upgraded to a package that includes Showtime.  I'm supposed to be able to get Showtime Anytime content through Comcast.  But instead, I get an Xfinity page that says I'm not authorized.  Is this working for anyone?  They have everything! ALL Dexter seasons and tons more.. not limited to On Demand content.  But it won't let me in.. Please Help.  Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Cannot access "SHOWTIME ANYTIME" content through Comcast- but I subscri

your comcast account is probably not set up correctly.  call them tell them to rebuild the codes on your account as you are a subscriber but your pc is not recognizing it.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

dsdavis wrote:

I recently upgraded to a package that includes Showtime.  I'm supposed to be able to get Showtime Anytime content through Comcast.  But instead, I get an Xfinity page that says I'm not authorized.  Is this working for anyone?  They have everything! ALL Dexter seasons and tons more.. not limited to On Demand content.  But it won't let me in.. Please Help.  Thanks.

Are you using a iPhone or iPad? If so, try downloading the Xfinity TV App and see if Showtime videos work in that app.

Is Showtime working on your TV and at Xfinitytv.com on your PC or Mac?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

Same for me. I can access SHO shows on my Mac but not on my iPad. When I go to log in it does not give Comcast as a provider. Why not?
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

izzyl1 wrote:
Same for me. I can access SHO shows on my Mac but not on my iPad. When I go to log in it does not give Comcast as a provider. Why not?

You can watch Showtime shows on your iPad using the Xfinity TV App. Just install it and sign in with the account information you use on the website.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor

Thanks. I was really trying to use the new SHO app, but Comcast was not supported. Will it be supported soon?
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

izzyl1 wrote:
Thanks. I was really trying to use the new SHO app, but Comcast was not supported. Will it be supported soon?

Our team is constantly trying to make Xfinity videos available on many different devices and apps. I will pass your request along to our product team to consider for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
TheLetterJ1024

Why do you keep directing people to the Xfinity App.  I have that app and its good for something's.  People want to use the Showtime Anytime App.  Why don't you use your resources and tell us what the expectation is.  Your Xfinity App is limited.  With the Showtime Anytime, you can watch every episode of every series.  Xfinity/Comcast is supposed to be the largest cable provider, however you are last in allowing your consumers access to these wonder apps.  HBO Go is a go, no problems there.  Showtime Anytime and Watch ESPN need to hurry up.  As far as I am concerned, ComcastJoe is a joke.  Tell me when its OK for a customer service representative to shy away from the problem at hands and recommend a half a**ed alternative. 

Let's give ComcastJoe a chance to make up for his responses...

Here is the question...

When will Comcast subscribers be able to access Showtime Anytime and Watch ESPN?

Please respond to the question withOUT referencing the Xfinity TV app or any form of Xfinity product.

Contributor

They do not have as much though!
Contributor

That's because it's in beta testing and is not open to ecpveryone yet. I have asked people at showtime and they have not given me a date that it will be available.
New Visitor
MichaelMouris

When I try to start sho anytime I only see verizon and AT&T as providers. Shouldn't I be able to see sho anytime as I subscribe to all the movie channels?
New Visitor
franklincuster

Do you know when the beta testing will be over for watching showtime shows on xfinity.com.  Whenever I try to watch any showtime show it brings up the window to watch it and it doesnt play it just stays black.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

franklincuster wrote:

Do you know when the beta testing will be over for watching showtime shows on xfinity.com.  Whenever I try to watch any showtime show it brings up the window to watch it and it doesnt play it just stays black.

I am sorry but we have no new information at this time.

Once we learn more I will update this thread.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
SoSerpa

I actually found out that you can watch Showtime Anytime on a Mac you just need a specific plugin.  If you're not getting a pop up to install the plugin it most likely means that you already have it installed but the plugin is out of date.

A friend of mine put together a video tutorial explaining how to fix the issue for everyone experiencing this problem so I hope it helps!!

http://ansonalex.com/videos/showtime-anytime-not-working-on-mac-computer-fix-vid eo/