New Visitor
Glassonion2000

Cannot watch Showtime Anytime

I am a Premium Xfinity subscriber with 4 HD DVRs and subscription to HBO and Showtime.  I can watch aALL the HBO series available with HBO Go, but thwn I logged into Showtime Anytime and try to view any videos I get the following message after selcting Xfinity as my provider:

We're sorry, this network is currently open to pre-selected participants only.

"Pre-selected participants"?????  What the F?  This is BULL$**T!!!!  Who is restricting me, Showtime or Xfinity?  I know I can watch some episodes of showtime series on Xfinity online, but the selection is very limited.  With HBO Go I can watch old series like Oz and The Wire that have been off for years.  This is what Showtime Anytime is supposed to offer, but either they or Xfinity is restricting it.

Please, if anyone knows the answer to this, and how/when it will be offered to non-"pre-selected participants, I would love to know.  I certainly pay enough to Comcast (and seemingly increasing every 6 months or so) to qualify for this service.  

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Cannot watch Showtime Anytime

showtime anytime is not available on comcast.   to watch showtime you need to download the xfinitytv app and have an apple device. 

New Visitor
dsdavis

You're right- we ARE supposed to have access to Showtime Anytime. 

However-

It's still in the "Pilot" phase for Comcast.  I talked to a good Comcast rep.  He thought we shouild have it, too.  So he looked around and found the number for an HBO/Showtime special programming line.  I called them and the guy basically said that it hadn't been rolled out to all Comcast subscribers yet.  Only a few regions are getting the service as a limited trial run.

I'm assuming it will be rolled out to the rest of the country soon, but I can't find anybody that knows exactly when.

Contributor
mexperience

Why is Xfinity/Showtime saying this "We're sorry, this network is currently open to pre-selected participants only." I can't watch my shows online :smileysad: I am checking everyday but nothing. When will they fix this??????????

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

mexperience wrote:

Why is Xfinity/Showtime saying this "We're sorry, this network is currently open to pre-selected participants only." I can't watch my shows online :smileysad: I am checking everyday but nothing. When will they fix this??????????

You can watch Showtime content online here and is open to everyone:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-networks/Showtime/112/main

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
mexperience

Thank you Joe for responding but i went to the suggested site

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-networks/Showtime/​112/main and after I sign in it still says:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 400)

Please check back soon.

Learn More

:smileysad:

Anymore suggestions????

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

mexperience wrote:

Thank you Joe for responding but i went to the suggested site

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-networks/Showtime/​112/main and after I sign in it still says:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 400)

Please check back soon.

Learn More

:smileysad:

Anymore suggestions????

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
mexperience

My Zip Code:

Cable Provider:Comcast Philadelphia Area 1 Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:activated

My Set Top Box Names:smileylaugh:VR 6, DVR 3, DVR 2, DVR 4, DVR 1, DVR 5

My Queue setup:True

Facebook Queue Syncing:false

Facebook Connect:False

My public IP address:98.192.64.17

My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 5.1My web browser:Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

My system type:smileylaugh:esktop computer or other device

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0

My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript: enabled

Cookies:enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Dexter/94679/2177471462/Dexter%3A-This-Is-The-Way-The-World-Ends/vid...

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

mexperience wrote:

My Zip Code:

Cable Provider:Comcast Philadelphia Area 1 Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:activated

My Set Top Box Names:smileylaugh:VR 6, DVR 3, DVR 2, DVR 4, DVR 1, DVR 5

My Queue setup:True

Facebook Queue Syncing:false

Facebook Connect:False

My public IP address:98.192.64.17

My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 5.1My web browser:Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

My system type:smileylaugh:esktop computer or other device

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0

My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript: enabled

Cookies:enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Dexter/94679/2177471462/Dexter%3A-This-Is-The-Way-The-World-Ends/vid...

Try updating to the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight and then try watching videos again:

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight

If this does not work, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
mexperience

Re-installed Silverlight.

Tried throu Mozilla F.

Tried throu Google Chrome

Nothing

Joe Thank you for your patience and for all your help

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

mexperience wrote:

Re-installed Silverlight.

Tried throu Mozilla F.

Tried throu Google Chrome

Nothing

Joe Thank you for your patience and for all your help

Do you have any anti-virus software installed? If so, make sure that you are allowing Xfinitytv.com pass through your firewall.

Also make sure that you have the most up to date service pack installed for Windows XP.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
mexperience

The funny thing is that I was able to watch the videos with no problem a couple of weeks ago??

New Visitor
lrosin13

Same here... not cool, Comcast!

New Visitor
AuntieSue52

I can't watch Showtime online anymore either, although I was previously able to do so - the message says a subscription is required, but I do subscribe to Showtime.  What has changed in the last few weeks that I can no longer watch on line?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

AuntieSue52 wrote:

I can't watch Showtime online anymore either, although I was previously able to do so - the message says a subscription is required, but I do subscribe to Showtime.  What has changed in the last few weeks that I can no longer watch on line?

Try deleting your cookies and cache and then try again.

If you are still seeing orange keys, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
AuntieSue52

Thanks, I'll try deleting cookies and let you know.  Used both Google Chrome and IE with the same results

Visitor
tedintx

the fact is that at Xfinity you still can't get all of the Showtime seasons and episodes.  I have been through the browser change, Silverlight upgrade, blah, blah blah and it does finally work.  However try to start watching "Dexter Season 1" and see how far you get on Xfinity.

Comcast you need to get this fixed and roll out Showtime Anytime to our area.  At the very least - give us a date when it will be rolled out.

New Visitor
dsdavis

Sorry, Joe- the selection of Showtime content available right now through Comcast is horrible.  All the Dexter seasons are gone except 6. 

Showtime Anytime has ALL episides of ALL shows.  That's why we want it.  That's why we are waiting for the national rollout.  And that's why we are so annoyed that its only in a "Pilot" phase.

Comcast keeps screwing us by removing shows.  I'm only on Season 2.  Can you at least tell us when Dexter will be back?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

dsdavis wrote:

Sorry, Joe- the selection of Showtime content available right now through Comcast is horrible.  All the Dexter seasons are gone except 6. 

Showtime Anytime has ALL episides of ALL shows.  That's why we want it.  That's why we are waiting for the national rollout.  And that's why we are so annoyed that its only in a "Pilot" phase.

Comcast keeps screwing us by removing shows.  I'm only on Season 2.  Can you at least tell us when Dexter will be back?

I don't think they expired and believe we should still have all the episodes available online.

I am further looking into this and will update this thread when I learn more.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Visitor
tedintx

Thanks Joe.  The episodes are certainly not available now - along with many other programs which are currently available on showtimeanytime.com ... the real request is to find out when the showtimeanytime service will be available for Comcast subscribers.

Contributor

Re: Cannot watch Showtime, HBO, or Skinimax online

I hit this problem tonight. I have seen this before but was able to get around it by bringing up another tab and logging in again....but now I cannot watch any premium shows online, and I subscribe and can watch on my tv. I tried clearing the cache as well as different browsers such as IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

I even tried the link that says you can see if you have gone over the number of authorized computers, but the diagnostic link was not visible...so what is up?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

owingst wrote:

I hit this problem tonight. I have seen this before but was able to get around it by bringing up another tab and logging in again....but now I cannot watch any premium shows online, and I subscribe and can watch on my tv. I tried clearing the cache as well as different browsers such as IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

I even tried the link that says you can see if you have gone over the number of authorized computers, but the diagnostic link was not visible...so what is up?

This page was not loading for you?: https://device.comcast.net/comcast-access/#

Where did you try accessing it from?

Thanks,

Joe

Contributor

Joe,

Thanks so much..that fixed it. The link I tried was different than the one you gave me, but yours

worked fine. I had three computers listed. I removed one and that fixed it.

Contributor
mexperience

Nope, this (the above steps) did not fix it for me :smileysad:       Still waiting for a solution....

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

mexperience wrote:

Nope, this (the above steps) did not fix it for me :smileysad:       Still waiting for a solution....

Are you within the USA? I ask because videos cannot be watched outside the USA due to licensing agreements. I know you said it worked a couple weeks ago but some people move or go on vacation and try watching videos outside the USA and they do not work.

Have you tried using Google Chrome?

Do you have any secondary accounts you can try?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
mexperience

[ Edited ]

Not traveling, I am in Georgia- USA. No secondary accounts. Already tried Google Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

mexperience wrote:

Not traveling, I am in Georgia- USA. No secondary accounts. Already tried Google Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Try creating a secondary account and see if videos work. This will help us narrow down the issue.

You can create a secondary account by clicking the Account button at the top of Xfinitytv.com then click the User & Settings tab.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
elgarrobo

People please.....showtime anytime is for subcribers that ONLY have showtime as a premium channel. Its called a beta yo, n hopefully it'll be soon that all of us can use it.

Contributor

I emailed showtime and they said that it was in beta testing but they did not say when it will be available to all comcast customers.

New Visitor

let me give everyone a little heads up about this whole issue the problem is with Comcast the service is NOT in beta or limited release, it is 100% a dollar thing in order for a provider to be included in the service, the provider has to pay a few god knows what it is, but Comcast just doesn't want to pay it it's the same reason hbo/Cinemax go are not available on devices such as Roku and the like Comcast just needs to remember its there to service it's customers and not penny pinch to the point of neglecting them
New Visitor
ce7871

I find it abborant that not only does comcast lock us down, meaning we can not use the shwotime app, the encore app, and the stars app; but then they don't allow us to play the xfinity app over the tv, i.e. hooking up my ipad to the tv.  on top of that, they try to scam you into buying content.  example.  i went on the xfinity app and looked for the movie, Titanic, it was listed as a paid on demand movie only, HOWEVER it was avalible via the go max app!!!!!!!!!!  so not only are they limiting the way we can view programming we have bought and paid for, they are also scamming us into buying programs we already paid to see!!!  outragous.

New Visitor
Mnreyes98338

I'm trying watch showtime app getting error message "invalid http request" on my iPad 2 or cannot establish connection. I have wifi and 3G on my phone and it won't work please help. Thanks.