Contributor
bgraversen

Comcast Home Pass

Supposedly there is a new feature that was recently added that gives you access to the all the Xfinity TV videos without the need to log on.  I've tried this several times but I still have to log on even though I am on my home network.  The link to the Comcast article is below.

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/xfinity-tv-working-towards-a-seamless-tv-everywhere-expe...

Do we know when this feature will actually be added because the article makes it appear that it is already active?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Comcast Home Pass

[ Edited ]

Home Pass works in Chicago, so it's deployed in some area's.

Contributor
bgraversen

Is there any way of knowing when this feature will come to my area?  Colorado Springs

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

By matching the IP address from which you are accessing www.xfinity.com/tv with the IP address assigned to your modem, you will be able to view the full content included in your XFINITY TV package without the need to sign in with your Comcast ID and password.

All customers who subscribe to both XFINITY TV and XFINITY Internet are eligible for this feature.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Contributor
bgraversen

I apologize but my networking knowledge is somewhat lacking in this area.  I can see this working if I hook my laptop/desktop directly into the cable modem, but how do I do this if I have a wireless router and more than one connected client.  From your explanation it would seem that only one client will be able to use this feature.  If this is the case, how do I assign the correct IP address to my client while still allowing the other clients to access the internet and also access shared files on the "Xfinity" client?

Contributor
bgraversen

Is it as easy as cloning the client's mac address to the wireless router?

Contributor
bgraversen

Well I tried a quick test by connecting my laptop directly to the modem via a wired connection.  I'm getting my IP directly from comcast and I confirmed that Home Pass is not working.  Please let me know what else needs to be done to make this work.

Contributor
bgraversen

@ComcastJoe

I'm unsure how to ensure my IP matches the IP of my modem.  I've tried to call customer service but they have no idea what I am referring to.  They just assume that since I can access the content after I log on that I have no problem. 

I actually spoke to a CSR last night who said they had to research my problem and they would call me back in 15-20 minutes.  I never received a call back.  Is there anyone who can help me out with this in order to get this working?