Service Expert
Queen-Evie

ComcastJoe-Xfinity Streampix Questions

[ Edited ]

From here http://blog.comcast.com/2012/02/xfinity-streampix-new-streaming-service-delivers-more-tv-everywhere....

"Xfinity Streampix also gives us packaging and bundling flexibility for new and existing customers. We will include the service to millions of our customers in many of our bundled packages on day one and as a low-cost service sold separately to other video customers."

From HERE

ComcastJoe wrote:

In the coming year, the Streampix service will be available on additional devices such as Xbox 360 and Android™-powered devices. Streampix will be included as part of many Xfinity triple-play packages, Blast!+ and Blast! Extra video/high-speed Internet packages, as well as separately for $4.99 a month with other video packages

I was looking at this page http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-networks/Streampix/486/main and saw a few things the 4 year old would be thrilled to watch. Before I sit her in front of the computer with a promise to let her watch a Barney  or Care Bears video I wanted to try it out.

I chose to click on Care Bears. Instead of loading the video I was greeted with this:

Streampix.PNG

Clicking BUY THIS SUBSCRIPTION NOW took me to this page http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Learn/DigitalCable/xfinitystreampix.html where I am once again told

"XFINITY Streampix™ is included with select HD Triple Play packages for no additional charge."

There is also a blurb telling me to "Call 1-877-870-4310 to see if XFINITY Streampix is available in your area."

Being curious I called and after listening to Press (whatever number) and having no clue if I should press 1 for TV or 2 for Internet.  I finally decided to choose "if you are having trouble with your service press 1" then "2 for internet" because I would be watching on my computer.

A very apologetic CSR told me she knew nothing about Streampix. She also said others have called about it AND she had another number I could call. If needed or wanted I can provide you with that number.

I called that number and was promptly informed that "our hours are 8:15am to 8:00pm Eastern Time" and to call back between those hours. I most likely will not call that number back.

WHY WAS I TOLD TO CALL THE MAIN COMCAST NUMBER WHEN PEOPLE AT THAT NUMBER HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT? WHY was I given another number that bascically told me "sorry we are closed for the day"?  Once again the right hand of Comcast doesn't know what the left hand of Comcast is doing.

At the bottom of the page is this:

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: ComcastJoe-Xfinity Streampix Questions

This issue has finally been resolved. I am receiving Streampix on my computer and through On Demand.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.