Contributor
geyes999

Did Comcast Change "On Your TV" online functions?

It seems like Comcast has changed the TV Listings in the past couple of days - and the new look/function is confusing me.  I can't filter search results in order to only see the HD shows, as I could before; and I can't figure out when the shows in the results list are on, until I click through on the "TV Listings" hyperlink.

The previous results page let me choose whether I wanted to see 2 weeks of results, or only the next 24 hours and it was clear when each show was on; it also let me select only to see HD shows, etc. etc. 

Am I just not understanding how to use the new search function to find TV shows?  Anyone know whether this old functionality is actually gone?  It is sure going to make my life harder if it is. 

Thanks.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Did Comcast Change "On Your TV" online functions?

geyes999,

I want to break down your post so I can better answer your questions:

"I can't filter search results in order to only see the HD shows"

Click the "Filter TV Listings" button on the top of the listings grid to show all filters, including HD.

"I can't figure out when the shows in the results list are on, until I click through on the "TV Listings" hyperlink."

The TV listings page use to have its own search bar but it is now all in one search bar. The way to find the listings for your programs is by clicking the TV listings link on the program's page; which it sounds like you are doing now.

"it also let me select only to see HD shows"

There is currently no way to see just the HD listings of a particular show but if you look to the right of the episode you selected, you can see what HD and SD channels it will be on.

I will forward your feedback of the new TV Listings layout to our product team to consider for a future release of the site.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Contributor
geyes999

Joe - that filters the regular schedule, not the results of a search.  If I search, for example, for "Soccer", I will get a list that cannot be filtered by HD (nor can I use an HD search parameter, so that the search is only done for HD shows).

As a separate matter, it is a real pain to have to click  on each listing to figure out when the show is on.  This means I have to click in and out of potentially dozens of shows, rather than just beeing able to see when the show is on.  It appears that the search result listings are alphabetical, and no way to reorganize them in a different list order (ie, date, or HD) - I can't understand the rationale for why Comcast made these changes, how is this supposed to be better? I'd really like to know.  Thanks.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

geyes, what do you think of the new color scheme for the tv listings?

That was also changed from something that could be easily seen to gray font on a gray background which, for some people, is hard to see.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
geyes999

didn't even notice any new color scheme, honestly - made no impression on me.  The only thing I've taken away from the new listings is that I can't find the shows I want, and I can't organize the search results.  Sorry.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

No worries. I just want to find out what others think of it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
geyes999

Comcast Joe?  You're answer didn't respond to my problem - as I followed up.   Can you explain how to filter search results?  Also, how are search results currently organized?  They don't seem to be alphabetical, chronological, or any other obvious organization.  Please explain.  (for example, if I search "MLS" for Major League Soccer games on the online search function, the first result is a game between Salt Lake and Portland on the 22nd of Oct., the second game is Portland v. Houston on the 14th.  This doesn't make any sense to me.)

Thanks.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

geyes999,

The order the results come back in are "closest matching to your search". So if you type in "MLS Soccer" anything titled "MLS Soccer" will appear first in no particular order.

I understand that you want it to be organized by air date but unfortunately that feature currently does not exist.

We thank you for your feedback and are considering adding more search options in a future update of the site.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
geyes999

Wow - seems incredibly inept.  What is the reason for this??? Just makes life harder than it was before. I'd really love to understand the thinking behind this and rationale for the change.