New Visitor
JB5225

Re: Error 3050

I am having the same problem.  However, it only began when I installed a newer version of Silverlight last week.  Before then, I did not have any problems as long as I used Internet Explorer as my browser.  What this means, I don't know??

Contributor
Billy787

so far HBO2go.com is working great for me !!!!

Visitor
bigt538

Ok I have been having this problems for over three days now. I have noticed it on just about every movie and tv show I have tried to watch. Remind me why I am paying over 120 dollars a month for comcast again to get all the channels? Plus having my high speed internet. They dont even have NFL Sunday ticket. This is ridiculous. I was a directv customer for 10 years and I decieded to give them a shot and this happens. I am calling tomorrow to cancel and get my money back. Seriously, the only thing that made me consider comcast was this online streaming capability and its so inconsistent. I am done.

GOING BACK TO DIRECTV... WAY TO DROP THE BALL COMCAST.

Btw, JOE, I have tried your idoitic soluition and it doesnt work at all. It just postpones it for another 4 mins.

Also clearing cookies, restarting router, and other proposed ideas posted on here dont work either.

New Visitor
jpatel6200

[ Edited ]

Havin the same issue with multiple episodes of Deadwood at multiple spots in between. It'll start playing after a refresh and then stop again 5 mins later. Episode i'm currently on is season 3 episode 7 "Unauthorized Cinnamon." i already reinstalled the updated version of silverlight.

My Zip Code: 24060

My Cable Provider: Comcast My myDVR

Manager Status: Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed

My Queue setup: False Facebook

Queue Syncing: false

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 98.249.63.173

My operating system: Windows - undefined

My web browser: Firefox 12 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0

My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0

My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript: enabled

Cookies: enabled

Thanks for the help

New Visitor
Castro2509

Re: Trueblood error

I am having an issue watching any True Blood episodes I have started from season one and I can not get any of them to play through with out having Error 3050 but there is no help on the help pages. I have no issue watching other shows. 

This is the error message that I keep getting:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3050)

Please check back soon

Are you getting this message too?

New Visitor
ambrynes

Wow, If its not one error it another. Today is error 3050! Seems like everyday there is a new error I get. Have been on the phone with comcast and they are no help. They have even been kind enough to transfer me to the wrong department twice and hang up on me twice as well.

All they can say is its a system error and they are working on it.This is after they tried to blame my cable box and then modem. (Keep in mind, I'm not at home and am using my laptop.) Once they figured this out they then tried to blame my computer, then my internet connetion and then internet explorer. When none of this was the problem, they finnaly said it was on thier side. Funny how there is always a system error or some problem they are working on. (must be very busy people) At this point I think we are just getting ripped off. We are paying for a service that we are not able to use. If you call customer service you can at least try and get a credit to your account. I think we should all just call them first when this happens. Sooner or later comcast will figure out it cost more to not fix things and give us the run around then to tell us the truth and just get it done.

New Visitor
ambrynes

Hey Joe,

you posted on the 12th...it's now the 15th. Think this getting to be a bit much! Still have error 3050!

Contributor

Joe: I know you aren't a real person; you're a robotic automated message. Does it make me any less frustrated? No! - makes it worse because I know that no matter how many of us write about this error 3050 or any of your other many repeated errors, you won't really feel the need to fix the problem.  Why don't you put some humans on the problem that so many of us irritated customers are having and then insert text into the robot's mouth so he can give us advise that ACTUALLY works! Is this really so hard? Isn't streaming sort of the name of your game? Why does it not work?

New Visitor
CosRylee

Error code 3050

Error code 3050 is killing True Blood for family.
Please fix and/or give eta.
New Visitor
bdwilt

This is ridiculous...got an all night boring shift to deal with and try to watch a movie to pass the time and I get this Error 3050 garbage.  Come on Comcast...you're not cheap.  Do your job or I'll stop paying you to do what you're supposed to do.  PROVIDE ME ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!  Get a grip...

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:98.237.5.234My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5My system type:smileylaugh:esktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.3 R300Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

New Visitor
bdwilt

Oh God I hate you comcast...Comcast Joe...please tell your comcast boss that the comcast customers are getting sick of this cocast error garbage!!!  FIX THE PROBLEM ALREADY.  Girlscouts with a pack of paperclips and 4 lemons could have fixed this problem and made every customer lemonade by now!  

New Visitor
wicaseyll

Dear Comcast,

With the amount of money that I and many others pay to maintain access to the Internet and the advertising pipeline you call Cable Television I expect your internet delivery system to work far better and with far more content than that of Netflix, a company whose existence could not have been fathomed fifteen years ago.  So far the only thing I feel towards your internet distribution is regret that I changed my Grandfathered in internet connection for this garbage.

I had resisted your change to digital because of its very clear play to increase advertising and subscription revenues.  In the old business models this might have worked.  Unfortunately for you, you have chosen to resist the changes that surge towards you.  You see every illegal download as profits denied yourselves and your shareholders.  Every single cent that disappears in illegal downloads is due entirely to your own incompetence.  Your inability to adapt and market will ultimately be your downfall.  Clean up your act before your customers find another distributor.  Verizon FiOS isn't looking too bad.

New Visitor
wicaseyll

Also.  Before you launch a new service, it is always a good idea to test it.  In tech circles this is called Beta Testing.  If this is a problem perhaps you should seek some council from people experienced in this form of media distribution.  Trying to go it alone is only going to anger your customers.  "We've never done this before," is not an acceptable answer from a publicly traded company when so many other far smaller companies and even individuals have succeeded far beyond anyones wildest expectations.

New Visitor
araustin76

So frustrating.... this error came up with every episode of True Blood Season 4.  I could not watch more than 5 mins without reloading over and over again.

Thank god for this forum, where someone suggested to watch on HBO GO.  Comcast, your video service online is even worse than on demand.  It is not acceptable and needs to be fixed ASAP.

New Visitor
ex_xfinityuser

It's becoming really bogus that they have known about this for over a week!  It may be getting worse even? I just watched an episode of The Wire that I had to restart at least 15 times in order to finish it!!!

New Visitor

Been trying to watch movie "the fourth kind" on laptop. 3050 has killed the evening. Have this problem often on Game of thrones too. GOing to video store to get a DVD.

New Visitor
pitkow1

Thanks error 3050, Fios here I come

New Visitor

XFinity Error 3050 on the Season 4 Finale of The Wire

I have been trying to watch the finale of Season 4 of The Wire on Xfinity and Error 3050 keeps coming up repeatedly.  Rebooting my connection doesn't seem to help.

At about 18 minutes into the video, the video finally shut down for good.

Can you please fix this for me?

Thanks.

Visitor
CandieSweet802

Although it's quite frustrating, there are other places to watch True Blood and other HBO series or movies.  The best one I have found is hbogo.com

I seriously hope they fix it soon!  Until then, use other websites in order to watch your shows. I hope this helps!

New Visitor
nataliray

[ Edited ]

We are getting the same error when trying to watch Boardwalk Empire (Season 1, Episodes 1 & 2...so far).   After the error message, it has a button that says "Learn More".  When I click that, it takes me to another error page that says "Opps.  This page cannot be found."
We are, however, able to watch True Blood just fine, so the problem, for us, seems to be just with Boardwalk Empire.   
Please help!

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.196.173.188 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; NP06; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, a, bq, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, cg, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bo, bt, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Visitor

VOD Error 3050 on Season Finale of The Wire

I originally posted this on the wrong forum, but the final episode of Season #4 of The Wire craps out with Error 3050 numberous times in the first 18 minutes, then ends completely.

Rebooting my connection didn't help, and I couldn't find a definition for this error anywhere.

Please fix this so I can watch this great show.

Thanks.

Contributor
netmeg

Ok, this is not a problem on my machine, or on anyone else's machine. There are too many reports of this on too many computers and too many shows. I have tried watching True Blood, some episodes of Big Love and The Killing on four different computers, two of which have just recently updated their Silverlight. If you have this many people having the problem, it's not a user problem it's a Comcast problem. I pay over $200/month for Comcast service, and I expect to get it. If I don't get the service, I stop paying the bill until I do.

New Visitor

Re: XFinity Error 3050 on the Season 4 Finale of The Wire

I am also receiving the same error when trying to watch HBO content. Started earlier in the week but a refresh of the browser and resuming the program allowed me to watch the rest of the program. Today I am unable to watch more than a few mins of an HBO program before receiving the 3050 error.

Regards,

Terry

Visitor
comkust

Another 3050 Error Message

I got about 30 min. into Dances with Wolves and then received this message: This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3050)

Please check back soon.

Learn More

This is really annoying and Comcast is unable to fix this recurring error.  I decided to view this movie after it turned out that my first 3 selections were " not available at this time, check back later".  I'm ready to give up on Comcast's nonexistant service.  What a rip off. 

I've posted previously about error 3050.  Does anyone actually read these posts?

New Visitor
chickmode

having the same problem here with the 3050 error code.  it's driving me crazy!  and NOWHERE on the comcast website tells you how to fix it!!

New Visitor
annoyed100

xfinity tv videos not playing online or on phone

There are several episodes I want to watch that are not offered on demand through my box, I try to watch them on my computer and about half way through it stops itself stating some error 5030 or 3050, when I click it I'm redirected to a page where it says the page I'm looking for doesn't exist. There have also been multiple errors with the app on my phone, I can't use it to turn channels because it's saying there are technical difficulties, and if I try to watch the series on my phone it's constantly stopping and never starting back up. What's the point of paying for the perks, when they can't be used?

New Visitor
JokerUT

I was having the same issue.  I recommend going to the official HBO website and signing up there, have had no video issues with HBO Go so far....

New Visitor
gsmith08

Error 3050 TruBlood

I added HBO to watch Game of Thrones.  The Game of Thrones season is over.  Rather than just cut HBO, I decided to try another series.  I started watching TruBlood online to catch up.  Almost all of the episodes lock up with code 3050.  I watched episodes 1 3 fine but 2,5,6,7 are useless.  Even if you reload and skip the break portion, it breaks again later with 3050.

Comcast and HBO specifically cost far too much money to have such poor performance.  I hope someone can address this before I cancel and save myself some money.

New Visitor
NS01

Comcast..whats going on..Is there a solution fo this yet????

I have tried restarting, reinstaling silverlight but nothings working,,,, every other episode or movie will give this same issue multiple times in different places....

I can see the zip code showing in device info is different from my current one as its showing my old ZIP and cable provide before i moved 6 months back?? could this be the reason????

My Zip Code:XXXXMy Cable Provider:Comcast Exeter DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:activatedMy Set Top Box Names:smileylaugh:VR 1My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:UnknownMy public IP address:XX.XX.XX.XXXMy operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; BRI/2; XF_mmhpset)My system type:smileylaugh:esktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.3 r300Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

New Visitor

I get error 3050 every time I try to watch Game of Thrones online. I just got the premiuim channels this month and since I'm rarely home I don't have the option of watching on my tv so now the premium channels are useless. It's really ridiculous how long I've been having this problem and how long you've been aware of the problem not to mention the amazingly small amount of feedback from any comcast representative. It's mind boggling just how bad the customer service is at Comcast.

New Visitor
eric_stupar

Same issue when watching Rome-- I wonder if this is a comcast issue or an HBO issue?

New Visitor
Vane83

Re: Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3050)

Same thing is happening to me. What should I do

New Visitor
mbbassett

error code 6002 and 3050 when tryiing to watch HBO shows on xfinity website

HBO Streaming Issue error code 3050 and 6002 when trying to view episode 5 of season 2 of game of thrones and the latest season of true blood

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Game-of-Thrones/106696/2225819701/Game-of-Thrones-15-%28HBO%29/video...

"

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3050)

Please check back soon.

Learn More
Regular Contributor
redhatskelton

I really believe the problem is the technology comcast is using here.  The reason no one is having this problem with hbogo.com is because they use a flash player and comcast choose the silverlight plugin.  I am getting this error 3050 all the time now with most everything I watch.  It was really annoying before with the other errors I was getting and choose to watch else were, but they seemed to have fixed that.  The problem is silverlight.  

I don't believe they will have this fixed anytime soon and I will just keep watching hulu and hbogo.com.  I really wish we could just subscribe to hbo without paying comcast but no such luck right now.  As soon as that is the case I will be dropping comcast like a bad habit.  The internet is fine they just don't care about thier customers enough for me to keep cable once we have a viable choose just online.

Here is too hoping sooner than later we have that option.

By the way 4 pages in and no solutions from comcast.  I have a easy one for you comcast... Drop silverlight.  It is garbage!

New Visitor
darcyfaegre1

Re: error code 6002 and 3050 when tryiing to watch HBO shows on xfinity website

OK Comcast. Time to fess up that this is a problem.... and NOT a problem with everyone's computer. I will be expecting a refund on the portion of streampix I paid for which runs off the same technology and fails just as well. You would be well advised COMCAST to not completely ignore an outbreak of failed service as this often results in class-action lawsuits regarding payments for services NOT rendered. Seriously, here's a simple plan for you.

1. Admit it's an issue and that you are working on it

2. Cease billing for any streampix subscription or any other pay service which relies on your failed technology.

3. Involve your customers in the solution by engaging them in coversation and finding out from them what is going on

4. Sit the appropriate team down and make them get it done. I worked for you at one time.... you have smart people.

5. Announce that you have resolved the problem and apologize.

I'm sure you've got some amateur PR guy.... oh, wait, no, some run of the mill manager trying to sweep this under the rug. Before it costs you hundreds of thousands of dollars get on the stick.

Also, if you guys want me to try a solution outside of the run-of-the-mill "restart" script. I'm ready, willing and able.

DO NOT ASK ME TO; Restart my computer, restart my browser, restart my router, unplug connections, restart my computer (yes again). 

YES I'm using IE, yes Silverlight is installed, yes it works sometimes, yes I can log in, yes other sites work, yes movies play, yes I'm set on channel 3!?!?!?...

New Visitor
pmax123

Same here.  Sopranos... for the past week or so... error 3050... I think it is time to look in to DISH.

I have not been satisfied with comcast

I don't have On Demand (another error - yet still paying the same price as customers that do have OD), No HD.. so I rely on their online OD.. now it has errors

On top of it the internet keeps going out.. really enough to * you off

New Visitor
pmax123

Thank you for the HBO2go tip..

It is a shame that paying customers have to ban together to get answers

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

In regards to the 3050 error that some of you may have encountered, we are aware of the issue and we are diligently working to identify the cause and resolve the problem. In the mean time please try to refresh your browser and manually fast forward past the point where you are experiencing the 3050 error.

We realize that this is not an optimal solution but it is the best we have at current. It is our commitment to deliver products and services that work every time. Rest assured that this is a priority for us that we are working hard to resolve the problem. 

As of right now though, I do not have any new information to pass along. Once I do, I will update this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
gsmith08

In the mean time please try to refresh your browser and manually fast forward past the point where you are experiencing the 3050 error.

I appreciate that someone from Comcast has responded to this thread.  Refreshing, however, is not a viable option.  I used this method to watch episode 6 of TruBlood.  Here is what happens when you attempt this (It would be funny if this were an exaggeration but it is not):

1. Watch comcast pre-movie stuff
  2. Watch TruBlood Series pre-show
  3. Watch 5-10 minutes of episode
  4. Error 3050
  5. Refresh
  6. Click resume
  7. Watch comcast pre-movie stuff
  8. Watch TruBlood Series pre-show
  9. Fast forward past break point and miss a few minutes of show
  10. Watch 5-10 minutes of episode
  11. Error 3050
  12. Refresh
  13. Click Resume
  14. Watch comcast pre-movie stuff
  15. Watch TruBlood Series pre-show
  16. Fast forward past break point and miss a few minutes of show
  17. Watch 5-10 minutes of episode
  18. Error 3050
  19. Repeat at least 5 more times to end of episode

New Visitor
tracycarroll

just letting comcast know most of the game of thrones season 1 shows have had error 3050.  episode 4 has had atleast 6 different errors in seperate spots, i gave up watching around 25 minutes into the episode

New Visitor
Agolf

Re: error code 6002 and 3050 when tryiing to watch HBO shows on xfinity website

I completely agree with the above post. Please fix this comcast so I can use the service that I am paying for.

New Visitor
Drelove22

internet conectivity

what does error code 3050 mean?

Connection Expert
EG

Re: internet conectivity

Contributor
jhooverjr

I am having this error. I saw in this post http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Please-Read-Error-3050/m-p/1317637#M10283 to reload and fast forward past the error. My issue is that the error occurs during a commercial, so I *can't* fast forward past it as when I resume it resumes right into the commercials.

New Visitor

Error 3050

[ Edited ]

I get this error on practically every episode of True Blood. When I refresh the page and fast forward to the point I was at, it is not long before I get the error message again. 

New Visitor
nataliray

not sure how much good it will do, but at this point it can't hurt.  i'm printing out all of the complaints on this thread and filing a formal complaint with the BBB and the FTC.  i suggest all of you do the same.  it's unaaceptable that so many of us are getting the same error and nothing from comcast except the run around.  

Visitor
disatisfied2012

one more disatisfied comcast customer.  

this is not the first time this has occurred.  followed the same advice given last time, flushed browsers, reinstalled silverlight, ...  even tried fast forwarding, only to have it fail the instant i fast forwarded.  happening to multiple videos from multiple connections.

i am finding my comcast service less and less reliable.  both the set-tops and internet.  random, sometime multiple per day freeze/drops causing interruption and reset, and this 3050 can't find stream to complete playback error.  it quite clearly is an issue of insufficient services for support sold.  I.E.  you don't have enough equipment in stream to handle the load you've sold to us poor customers.  and there is nothing you seem to be doing about it, as the only response from tech services is 'reboot' 'reinstall' 'try later' '...'  i'd be gone if i had another option, 

very unlikely to choose comcast in my next life

--disatisfied2012

for the record:My Device Information

My Zip Code:95070 My Cable Provider:Comcast Saratoga Digital My myDVR Manager Status:Activated My Set Top Box Names:smileylaugh:VR 2, DVR 1 My Queue setup:False Facebook Queue Syncing:False Facebook Connect:False My public IP address:107.XXX.XXX.XXX My operating system: Windows 7 My web browser: Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5 My system type:smileylaugh:esktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version:071706000001 My Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0 My flash version:11.3 R300 Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled

My Account Information Primary Account:True Provider Codes: Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, Bi, Bj, Bh, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Bb, Bc, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, G, Ak, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, E, Aj, Cg, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Bk, Br, C, Bo, Cj, Bt, Cc, F, M, H, Ad, Bn Internet Subscriber:True Cable TV Subscriber:True Voice Subscriber:True
New Visitor
Raivenn

UGGHHH!!! This is sooo annoying. I've been trying the method where you skip past the part where it stops, and it plays for a minute or two if i'm lucky, and then stops again with the 3050 error code. I think it might be HBO stuff? Happened when i was watching True Blood, and it's been happening tons while i'm trying to watch The Wire -_-  the show is like an hour long, but it's taking me almost an hour and 20 to watch each ep cuz i keep having to restart, try to skip, etc.... what is the problem! :smileyangry:

New Visitor
joaeb

Seems like a failure in your drm management system. It's really taking a week+ to sort this out?

(Had to change the http below or I could not post, added <> around them)

5-19-12 11:20:54,191][FC.player.SilverlightOnly][DEBUG] pluginErrorCode:3050

My Device Information

My Zip Code:
My Cable Provider:
    Comcast Eugene Digital
My myDVR Manager Status:
    activated
My Set Top Box Names:
    Livingroom
My Queue setup:
    False
Facebook Queue Syncing:
    false
Facebook Connect:
    False
My public IP address:
    <REDACTED>
My operating system:
    Windows - rv:13.0
My web browser:
    Firefox 13 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0
My system type:
    Desktop computer or other device
My Move player version:
    Not Installed
My Silverlight version:
My flash version:
    11.2 r202
Javascript&colon;
    enabled
Cookies:
    enabled

My Account Information

Primary Account:
    True
Provider Codes:
    bw, d, al, ci, a, bq, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, bl, bv, b, bo, cc, bn
Internet Subscriber:
    True
Cable TV Subscriber:
    True
Voice Subscriber:
    False

New Visitor
joaeb

and again, on nearly every show I watch.

msg:3050 Calculated length of Drm Subsamples (15863) does not match the length of the entire sample (15859)

The DRM subsamples do not match.

[5-19-12 13:44:47,574][FC.player.SilverlightOnly][DEBUG] (onVideoFailed) msg:3050 Calculated length of Drm Subsamples (15863) does not match the length of the entire sample (15859) - halting playback. SmoothStreamingSource: <http>://entitledhdstreams.xfinity.com/ondemand/cp-108804/2247013891/1340002165868/CIM_TNTE1006181200008883_PRIORITY-60_1807943397_2247013891_LVL12.ism/Manifest?external_id=8dbf83709c5741eda6fef2d88b7a6d29&pid=5Ogi4EWxg1a2imNK4l41G5aua9nlcsWa&t=1340134010&sig=359850ae3b365869a565a0c1404d6b43140aacc1 ErrorTrace: Silverlight/5.1.10516.0