Contributor
JonnyWatcher

HBO GO/MaxGo does not authenticate.

[ Edited ]

As of this morning, I am unable to watch HBO GO online. When I go to hbogo.com, and attempt to authenticate on ComCast, I get the error message below. But I do have a subscription, and I can watch HBO on my televisions.

I called tech support and was transferred back and forth to no avail - nobody knows what to do with your online business. I called the main number, spoke to the TV people, they transferred me to the internet people, they transfered me to billing, and billing gave me another number. That numer says "please wait," and then disconnects me. Very helpful.

I finally just posted here.

ACCESS NOT AUTHORIZED

Access to this content requires an XFINITY® TV subscription*.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Questions? Please click here for more information.

You can still watch many of your favorite TV shows & movies at xfinityTV.com.
Watch Now »

* Requirements

• XFINITY TV subscription (with a set top box or other device supporting Video ON DEMAND)
  • The network you are trying to watch must be included in your service
Contributor
JonnyWatcher

Re: HBO GO does not authenticate.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

JonnyWatcher wrote:

As of this morning, I am unable to watch HBO GO online. When I go to hbogo.com, and attempt to authenticate on ComCast, I get the error message below. But I do have a subscription, and I can watch HBO on my televisions.

ACCESS NOT AUTHORIZED

Access to this content requires an XFINITY® TV subscription*.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Questions? Please click here for more information.

You can still watch many of your favorite TV shows & movies at xfinityTV.com.
Watch Now »

* Requirements

• XFINITY TV subscription (with a set top box or other device supporting Video ON DEMAND)
  • The network you are trying to watch must be included in your service

Go here and try to watch an episode of John Adams and let me know if it works.

This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down this issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
JonnyWatcher

Yes, it works. In fact I can confirm that I can watch HBO content from Xfinity / comcast. Only HBOGO.com does not work.

Hope that helps.

This is a temporary solution, but for the record the catalog on HBOGO appears more extensive (or perhaps organized differently), and video performance is def better.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

JonnyWatcher wrote:

Yes, it works. In fact I can confirm that I can watch HBO content from Xfinity / comcast. Only HBOGO.com does not work.

Hope that helps.

This is a temporary solution, but for the record the catalog on HBOGO appears more extensive (or perhaps organized differently), and video performance is def better.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. If it doesn't work, try reaching out to HBOGO and they should be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
JonnyWatcher

Different browser does not work. Same error. HBO was contacted first, actually, and referred me to comcast to begin with, as the error is on a comcast webpage.

Is it Comcast's position that this is not a comcast issue?

It is my perception that some kind of change has been made, as yesterday my online account was locked by Comcast for some reason, and I had to call in and confirm my details to get it unlocked.

One additional piece of information - I am not using the internet connection assigned to this account. I am using the internet connection associated with my office (also a comcast connection), then authenticating via web browser to my home account.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello,

A friiend of mine is  having the same problem when login to hbogo.com via comcast authentication she does not see any pull down menu to choose comcast as a provider. When contacting hbogo they pass the buck back to comcast.

Any help would be appreciated.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

JonnyWatcher wrote:

Different browser does not work. Same error. HBO was contacted first, actually, and referred me to comcast to begin with, as the error is on a comcast webpage.

Is it Comcast's position that this is not a comcast issue?

It is my perception that some kind of change has been made, as yesterday my online account was locked by Comcast for some reason, and I had to call in and confirm my details to get it unlocked.

One additional piece of information - I am not using the internet connection assigned to this account. I am using the internet connection associated with my office (also a comcast connection), then authenticating via web browser to my home account.

Your log-in credentials are working on Xfinitytv.com and I am seeing no issues on your account.

So your account was locked before and you called and our team unlocked it for you?

It does not matter what type of internet you are on. If it worked at your job before, the only reason it would not work anymore would be if your job set a restriction or blocked the site.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
JonnyWatcher

It is a two-man office. I am the only one with access to the tech gear and network gear. There is no firewall device or proxy or other black box in use.

It worked fine yesterday until 10pm. I shut down. I restarted this am and it did not work. No local changes to config in between.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

comcast authentication login hbogo and maxgo

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I know there has been problems in the past with comcast authentication login to the www.hbogo.com and www.maxgo.com website to watch online movies but today I tried and was not able to login. I was wondering if anyone is still having problems or know of a fix if any,

Here are the steps that I took

1. I went to hbogo.com or maxgo.com

2. Click on the sign in page

3. Choose isp comcast

4. Click continue

5. Next the comcast login page pops I type in my username and password

6. Click sign in

7. The next page that comes up is the signup page for the hbogo

The problem that I am having is if hbogo excepts comcast authentication with my username and password and I have all the requirement to use hbo why would I have to signup again for hbogo?

Should I not be able to be able to go directly into the movies choose if the xfinity authentication was working?

It could also be a improper link that is redirecting to the hbogo signup page instead of going to the shows.

Thanks for your help to this matter.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Did you ever get it to work? I am having the same issue.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

I am still looking into this but can you please try resetting your password and then try again. You can even use the password you are using now.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
JonnyWatcher

I have tried a password reset as you suggested, but sadly the issue is not resolved. I get the same message.

This appears a cookie issue and thus a dev issue. Have any changes been made?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

JonnyWatcher wrote:

I have tried a password reset as you suggested, but sadly the issue is not resolved. I get the same message.

This appears a cookie issue and thus a dev issue. Have any changes been made?

Delete your cookies and cache and then try again.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
JonnyWatcher

No luck. Cleared cookies and cache. Also tried 2 browsers (firefox and IE).

I got the following email from HBO today:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.  We have forwarded the information you provided to Comcast on your behalf and have requested that Comcast contact you when your issue is resolved.

Thank you,

The HBO GO Team

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

So you can see that they are passing the buck back to comcast. How long will it take for comcast to fix this.

Contributor
JonnyWatcher

For the record, I have tried this on 2 other machines (my wifes laptop and a friend's desktop). Same result both times, so we can rule out any workstation specific issues.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Our team is looking into both of your issues. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
monolayer

Re: HBO GO/MaxGo does not authenticate.

We just got comcast yesterday and we are having the excately the same issue. HBO is working on the TV and on Xfinity, but not with HBO go. We are receiving the same error message, even when used with the HBO go app for Iphone and Ipad.

Thank you,

Andre

Contributor
JonnyWatcher

OK. Comcast have contacted me to say that this issue is because my HBO is provided via my HOA, and not to me directly.

Is this true? Are the rest of you experiencing this problem also receiving HBO via a 3rd party payor (like a condo association)? Or have they fobbed me off with an excuse?

Contributor
JonnyWatcher

OK - I am not sure who is doing what over there. But last night it did not work,. As of this morning, it is working again. I am logged into hbogo.com and able to access content.

I guess the answer I was given by Comcast yesterday is wholly and completely erroneous.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

[ Edited ]

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

I am still unable to get in. What is your team doing to fix it? I will try later maybe it is just slow.

Contributor
JonnyWatcher

I'm not sure what instructions they provided on your end, but this is what I was made to do. I went to hbogo.com BEFORE logging into comcast. Make sure you do this from a fresh launch of your browser, with no previous windows open, to ensure you are not logged in to Comcast inadvertantly.

Instead of clicking on "sign-in," I clicked on "sign-up," selecting comcast as my provider. From there, I followed the instructions, signing into comcast, etc, and it allowed me in and re-enabled my HBO account.

See if that works for you.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Thanks I tried this a couple of times and I still cant  get in.

Contributor
JonnyWatcher

OK. Whatever they did to my account, they need to do to yours. Comcast contacted me and asked for all my credentials, and went off and did things to my setup. I would guess they have not done this for you.