Visitor
cbt94010

Manage Devices function not working - need to remove stolen devices and add new ones

My laptop and Ipad were stolen (in the same briefcase jacked from a car).

I just tried to watch xfinitytv online, and I cant get it to play.

I went to the xfinitytv settings to delete the old devices from the "authorized device list" but

when I click on the manage devices button, it goes to a page that looks like it will list the devices, but the devices are listed:

"Your Comcast Authorized Devices

In order to protect your account from abuse, there is a 3 device limit per Comcast Digital Cable

subscription.

Please manage your devices below. Removed devices can be added again upon next use."

There's a bar with "your computers" but nothing listed under it

And then there's another with "your sites and services" but again nothing under it.

I called tech support, but they just did not get it, and said, well, we don't really support the Ipad.

I have a feeling that I have my three old devices authorized, and you can't access the site to manage your devices unless the computer you are using is one of the devices. If so, that's really dumb.  Anyway,

anyone have any ideas on how to make the Manage your Devices function work?

Honestly, Comcast advertises xfinity and on demand, but it seems their support people don't even understand how their products work!!!

Really annoying. 

Anyone else can help.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Manage Devices function not working - need to remove stolen devices and add new o

cbt94010 wrote:

My laptop and Ipad were stolen (in the same briefcase jacked from a car).

I just tried to watch xfinitytv online, and I cant get it to play.

I went to the xfinitytv settings to delete the old devices from the "authorized device list" but

when I click on the manage devices button, it goes to a page that looks like it will list the devices, but the devices are listed:

"Your Comcast Authorized Devices

In order to protect your account from abuse, there is a 3 device limit per Comcast Digital Cable

subscription.

Please manage your devices below. Removed devices can be added again upon next use."

There's a bar with "your computers" but nothing listed under it

And then there's another with "your sites and services" but again nothing under it.

I called tech support, but they just did not get it, and said, well, we don't really support the Ipad.

I have a feeling that I have my three old devices authorized, and you can't access the site to manage your devices unless the computer you are using is one of the devices. If so, that's really dumb.  Anyway,

anyone have any ideas on how to make the Manage your Devices function work?

Honestly, Comcast advertises xfinity and on demand, but it seems their support people don't even understand how their products work!!!

Really annoying. 

Anyone else can help.

Go here and see if your devices are listed at the bottom. If so, please remove them all and then watch a video.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
memberxzy

Re: Manage Devices function not working - need to remove stolen devices and add new o

Yeah, I wish that worked. I have changed the ROM on my tablet a numberof times and each time the Xfinity Player App registered it as a new device...

I followed that link and removed the devices, but the app still said there are 3 devices already registered even after wiping my device and reinstalling the app. I can't be expected to remember the exact ROM versions I used on my device, reinstall those ROMs and remove the device using the Xfinity Player app.

So I found this link here to do it...

https://device.comcast.net/devices

"Google-fu" for the win!!!

I hope this helps someone else, as this has been bugging me for weeks!!!

New Visitor
DavidFertig

Thanks for the link - 

and i have picked up a new term as well. 

"Google-fu" for the win!!! 

- The Google Force is strong with that one.. - 

New Visitor
kxnh97

The second link provided worked for me as well.  The first link did not.  

New Visitor
Drm70

I followed the steps outlined and the option to remove came up biputbwhen in click on it, it does not work. I get message, not able to remove try again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
New Visitor

I get a message indicating that it couldn't delete the device.