Contributor
Accepted Solution

NBC HD Missing from TV Listings

When I view the TV Listings from the Xfinity home page I filter the list using the HD Filter button. When I click on the HD Filter button the NBC HD channel is filtered out of the listings. It is on channel 1004. I am in zip code 37209.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: NBC HD Missing from TV Listings

trtichenor wrote:

When I view the TV Listings from the Xfinity home page I filter the list using the HD Filter button. When I click on the HD Filter button the NBC HD channel is filtered out of the listings. It is on channel 1004. I am in zip code 37209.

The HD filter only shows what HD programming is on at the times you are looking at.

For example, I have my listings set to view one hour at a time. If NBC is showing a program not in HD during that hour time span, it will not appear in the filter. If I click the arrow to advance it one hour and a HD program is on, it will appear in the listings.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

Well, in my area right now, NBC is showing the Today Show. It is an HD program. I go to TV Listings, click on HD only filter, and the entire row for NBC HD dissappears from the display. All of the other HD channels are still listed, even the ones that are NOT currently showing an HD program.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

trtichenor wrote:

Well, in my area right now, NBC is showing the Today Show. It is an HD program. I go to TV Listings, click on HD only filter, and the entire row for NBC HD dissappears from the display. All of the other HD channels are still listed, even the ones that are NOT currently showing an HD program.

It is showing up on my computer and I can't duplicate it.

Try deleting your cookies and cache and then try again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

Cleared cookies & cache. Did not fix the problem. FYI, I get the same display on Internet Explorer and FireFox.

Contributor

I have also noticed that most of the HD channels have their call signs modified. They have a "D", "HD", or "DT", added to their call signs to separate them from their SD channels. However the NBC station, WSMV, here in Nashville is listed just as WSMV in both locations on the unfiltered list. Could be that the filter cannot tell that channel 1004 is an HD channel.

Contributor
mo87

I was trying to look up future Olympic programming on the regular NBC channgel and I noticed the same problem. I'm in 37215 and WSMV here in Nashville in HD does not show up on my online TV guide either, even though I'm watching the Olympics Opening ceremony right now in HD.

Contributor

Update: Resolved

I tried changing my location to some other Nashville zip code then back to my zip code. This fixed the problem.  Weird.  :smileyshocked:

Visitor

[ Edited ]

I had this same problem. NBC would not show up as an HD channel. It didn't show up in the listings if I chose HD Only, and if I tried searching for the show and scheduling it to record that way it would only let me record it as SD.

I clicked Change Location and input my zip code and changed my Service Area from Comcast Recommended Lineup to Comcast Nashville Digital and that fixed the problem. I changed it back to Comcast Recommended Lineup and the problem returned. So if you want to try replicating the issue, change your location to Comcast Recommended Lineup.

Visitor

[ Edited ]

This also happens with the iPhone app. Comcast Recommended Lineup does not include NBC HD in the listings. I had to input my zip code and select Comcast Nashville Digital in order to see NBC HD on my iPhone. I don't have an Android phone to test it on but I bet the problem happens there too. This is very easy to duplicate.