Visitor
TravelerTC

Re: HBO.GO Not Available for Xfinity Users using Roku...WHY NOT?

I'm sure it will be deleted.  I've noticed that Comcast has been deleting other posts on this thread.  Specifically one someone posted pointing to Comcast's Facebook page encouraging people to comment on their lack of support for HBO Go on Roku and other devices.

New Visitor
Fookatook

HBO GO on Samsung TV

I have been anxiously awaiting the release of the HBO Go app on my Samsung TV.  It will allow me to access much more content than is available on On Demand.  It finally showed up on the TV menu last night and when I went to access it, Comcast/Xfinity was not a listed provider.  It said to contact my provider if they were not listed.  Very frustrating!

Why is this functionality not available through Comcast and when will it be?  Anyone have any inside scoops?

New Visitor
chimneytops

Re: HBO GO on Samsung TV

I just spent 30 minutes activating HBO Go account too.  It said it was ready for use.  Then I entered the HBOGO/activate and selected Samsung TV, and Comcast isn't listed as provider.  How can that be?  I just activated my HBOGO account using all my comcast info?

If Fookatook is frustrated, listen to this:  I also pay for HBO on a Time Warner Cable account at my second home, and they are not listed either!!

Comcast:  please tell us this is just a temporary techincal delay?

New Visitor
imhoppy

Re: ROKU, HBO GO

Come on Comcast let Roku stream through your lines.

Contributor
schoonerz

Both my parents are AT&T subscribers. I think I'll be dropping HBO from Comcast once I go beyond the trial period and just give my parents money to have them subscribe so I can just have HBO GO on Roku (which would make live HBO pretty much unnecessary. The right money goes to the right companies (those actually delivering on the premium we expect) and cuts Comcast out entirely. They may not listen, but at least I get what I pay for.

Comcast is fumbling on this issue in a major way, resisting innovation. Just connect with a friend or family member who does have AT&T or other Roku friendly service and leave the gravedigging up to Comcast.

Regular Contributor

Ya, TravelerTC... there were some Facebook links that I posted to that are no longer here.  Obviously that is how you get attention!  Complaining on this forum doesn't work. 

Regular Contributor

Yep and they actually removed my FB post and your link from this forum.  How can you much more sleazier can they get?

Contributor
bgamman

[ Edited ]

From the XFINITY FB wall:

"At this time we do not have an ETA. We are working with partners to make TV programming available to customers in more ways: Xbox, tablets, and websites like XfinityTV & HBOGo. If and when it becomes available you will be notified"

You'll note that she didn't mention Roku at all.

Regular Contributor

XBOX announced they'll be adding HBO GO by April 1st.  Like with Roku and the Sammy TVs, you'll need to activate through your cable company...I can't wait to see if Comcast blocks HBO GO on the XBOX as well...there are A LOT more people with XBOXs than Rokus or Samsung TVs - Comcast is going to tick off a lot of people if they try and block it.

Regular Contributor

Interesting how the Forum moderator keeps removing Facebook links off here??  They just did it again and I'm sure they don't want the word spreading about how they are not providing HBO GO to connected to TV devices.

Regular Contributor
jhusosky

My guess is that XBOX360 will get an OK from Comcast since they just signed a deal with Microsoft to put content on the XBOX.

Contributor
sam_net

Is Comcast really at fault?  

Maybe HBO didn't choose Comcast for streaming since I see U-verse is listed..

Regular Contributor
jhusosky

Every provider has the "option" to enable streaming on different browsers, this is how my GoogleTV works because it's really Android and Comcast allows Android phone/tablets to access it.

Regular Contributor

Yes, Comcast is really at fault.  HBO has been complaining about it.  Comcast sees this almost as HBO using a third party device (the Roku, Sammy TVs, etc.) to get access to their subscribers...but that doesn't make any sense, since we have to pay Comcast for our HBO subscription to get access in the first place. 

I think the only reason they're blocking it now is so they don't have to block it when (and the day is coming) HBO GO offers subscriptions seperately from the cable companies. 

Visitor
KENNYGO

I think they are blocking it so they dont lose money from the rental of a second set top box. I watch hbo on the main tv and have the comcast set top box there. but in the bedroom i just have the standard cable with a roku. If they would allow roku users access then I could have hbo in my bedroom for no extra payment, But to get hbo in my bedroom now I have to rent another box. Its all about the money and we all know comcast has it and we dont

Regular Contributor
shadowplay0918

I agree, I believe that Comcast will allow HBO Go on the XBOX, it will be there way of saying that customers do have options other than their equipment (even if it isn't the option every customer wants).

New Visitor
ybag

Comcast/Xfinity will allow HBOGo on the xbox, but then you have to pay an additional monthly fee to to xbox/microsoft to use the service.  I'm sure comcast is making money from the deal with xbox.

Regular Contributor
emacee

No HBOGo via Roku

Apparently Comcast won't allow we users to access HBOGo via Roku streaming players. 

On my PC, yes.  On my smartphone or tablet, yes. 

But not on a streaming player connecting to my TV.

Why?  To force me to use Comcast On Demand (with far fewer HBO programs and episodes available)?

Or do they just like pushing arbitrary and pointless restrictions on customers because they think they can?

New Visitor
pedorro

As an FYI to this thread.  I talked with all sorts of Comcast tech support people.  The official word is that they don't "support" HBOGo on Samsung Smart TVs or Roku.  There was no explanation given when I asked why or what is special about those platforms that they should require a special effort on the part of Comcast to support.  I have still not received a promised email containing documentation or a link that explains this policy.

This is so obviously an effort on the part of Comcast to cling to relevancy as a content provider, when more and more people are talking about "cutting the cord".  If you're watching HBO on your TV, Comcast will insist that you do it through them, period.

Regular Contributor

I talked to a customer service rep yesterdayI asked why Comcast wouldn't allow Roku users to use HBO GO, and he said it was a "business decision".  I told him that I was extremely upset (as were many Roku owners/Comcast subscribers), and asked him to pass the message on up the food chainFor what it is worth, he said that he had received a number of similar comments.

An article in The Wall Street Journal earlier this week quoted Comcast as saying that they did not want "thier" content controlled by a third party since they somehow think that may affect their ability to interact directly with customersThe Journal article specifically mentioned HBO GO on the RokuI suspect they are worried that HBO might suddenly offer streaming as an alternative to subscribing through ComcastTo the extent they are worried about HBO contacting me directly, HBO already has my user name and whatever information I gave them in order to get updates of their programming.

I know that HBO has been pressing them to make HBO GO available on the Roku. My guess is that many people (like me) are reevaulating the worth of an HBO subscription without access to HBO GO on my TVAs my cable bill keeps going up (thank you, ESPN), I am wondering whether it is worth paying $15 to $20/mo. to HBO for the privilege of seeing maybe one or two movies a month (which I can probably find in my local library or at Redbox) and a series like "Game of Thrones".  I can see paying that amount if I had access to all of the HBO content on my television but not for a great deal less content such as what is "On Demand".  I don't know why anyone thinks we are going to watch endless hours of HBO (or any other) content on a 3 to 4-inch telephone screenI have a 17" computer screen, and I don't even like watching movies or TV on the computer

Is Comcast really worried that we are all going to "cut the cord" or limit ourselves to basic cable and HBO and therefore their profits are going to plummetTheir prices may plummet as a lot of us get tired of paying $200/mo for internet access and cable, not because of HBO GO.

Regular Contributor
jhusosky

The amazing thing is that Allowing us access via Roku and SmartTV prevents us from CUTTING THE CORD.

I would be even happier and less likely to CUT THE CORD if they would work with ROKU on getting an Xfinity Channel going. 

Regular Contributor
shadowplay0918

[ Edited ]

If you have a good product that offers fair value to your customers you do not fear them using/seeing 3rd party applications. 

If you feel you do not then you do everything you can to keep your customers from seeing/using those products.

New Visitor
4Edmund

I just wanted to add one more voice to the crowd of shouts:

HEY COMCAST---MAKE THE ROKU CONNECTION WITH HBO !!!

We're already paying too much for too little.

New Visitor
weitz1971

yep--totally had no idea that comcast is basically the only major cable provider not providing Roku/HBOGo support.  about to cancel my subscription--RCN allows it.  

very stupid business decision.

Regular Contributor

Best option for everyone is to sign up with DISH Network as they allow or if your area has FIOS.  DirecTV is pulling the same garbage as Comcast.

Regular Contributor

Good luck with FIOS...they don't even let you use your own modem - you have to use the one Verizon supplies.  They're great for cable, but I've heard horror stories about their Internet reliability.  Otherwise, I'd already be with FIOS.

New Visitor
rbonsall

ROKU HBO GO

I have recently purchased a Roku 2 XS. When does Comcast plan on supporting HBO Go on Roku...Your competitors are offering the world to get it. I enjoy your service however I would like HBO GO content on my HDTV.

New Visitor
BarJohn

I would like to view HBO Go on my ROKU. When will Comcast make this available?

I would like to view HBO Go on my ROKU. When will Comcast make this available?

New Visitor
JamesSpawn

Re: HBO NO Go?

I would like to access HBO GO through my ROKU , because it's new technology. Just like accessing it on my phone or tablet.

Having ROKU access my WiFi to connect me to HBO would be cool. I'm sure most of you are like me, paying almost $250 a month to Comcast, I should be allowed to watch HBO GO from anywhere I want.

New Visitor
JamesSpawn

Re: HBO NO Go?

So let me get this straight COMCAST. I pay you $250 a month, you cut my HD Premium channels from 15 to 7. You add foreign language channels that I don't even want. I can access Xfinity.tv and watch movies on my PC or Phone. I can access HBO GO and MAX GO on my Laptop, tablet, and smart phone, WHY are my hands tied when it comes to ROKU, Boxee, Apple TV, etc.

Comcast/Xfinity Look how many posts there are on this forum and the Boxee forum. You are going to start losing more customers!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
brucedd

Why are we paying Comcast a premium for HBO to subscribe to their services when Comcast/Xfinity does not offer all the services we are entitled to for that subscription?

If we are going to be provided a portion of the HBO services from Comcast, then we should pay a portion of the subscription fees.

HBO GO is included with our subscription to HBO, Comcast will just not validate our subscription to activate our streaming video.

We should all contact COmcast and ask for a reduction in our HBO monthy fee until they will provide all the services included in our subscription fee.

Bruce in Naperville

New Visitor
Karazax

Adding my name to the list of Comcast HBO subscribers who wants to use HBOgo thru their ROKU player or alternatively to add ALL the HBOgo content to your HBO on demand channel.

New Visitor
Rmatth7

When will Comcast/Xfinity support Roku web streaming TV?  If we can't get HBOGo and others why not create an Xfinity Roku app to give us acess to our paid subscription channels?

New Visitor
amf0324

Time to say BYE BYE to Comcast!!!

You guys make cutting this cord sooooo easy.

Visitor

Re: HBO GO streamed from ROKU.

Does comcast support HBO GO?
Regular Contributor
jhusosky

Re: HBO GO streamed from ROKU.

Yes Comcast supports HBO/GO on everything but your TV. And by support lets remember that is by doing a check box on the back side of the HBOGO website for whitch types of OS/Devices they want to allow it on for their customers. No true support time required.

Still no ROKU or SmartTV support

New Visitor
AdamandCarrie

Same situation here. Looking at other options to get away from XFINITY. We need Roku support for HBOGO.
Contributor
bgamman

Contributor
KiloWattson

Oh hey. Comcast won't let you use HBOGo on the 360 as well.

Well that was the final straw. Cancelling today.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

KiloWattson wrote:

Oh hey. Comcast won't let you use HBOGo on the 360 as well.

Well that was the final straw. Cancelling today.

Xfinity has a new app for Xbox 360 that will allow customers to watch content through their Xbox 360.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
KiloWattson

[ Edited ]

I subscribed to HBO so I could use HBOGo. I subscribed THROUGH Xfinity and yet Xfinity is doing their hardest to block the content I pay for through your company.

Translate that and it simply comes out "cancelling."

New Visitor
dhuber28

Comcast, please allow HBO Go on my Roku / Samsung TV / XBOX.  Other cable providers in my area (Uverse, DirecTV AND DISH) allow this, why don't you?

It's because of stupid decisions like these that you were named the WORST COMPANY IN AMERICA.

I encourage you to reconsider.

New Visitor
Rightontime50

Your xfinity app doesn't have the content as HBO GO. The only reason why I have subscribed to HBO through xfinity is to use HBO GO. By telling us that you have an app also is a complete cop out. Let us enjoy the full service we pay you for, just like Directv does for their customers, or I'm sure a lot of people will be cancelling their subscriptions and changing providors. I will be doing the same if there is not a change.

Regular Contributor

Hey Joe, when are you going to understand that XfinityTV does NOT provide the same HBO content that HBO GO does?  That's why we want to be able to use it!

XfinityTV offers a selection of current and past HBO series and movies.

HBO GO offers EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF EVERY SINGLE SERIES, DOCUMENTARY, and ORIGINAL MOVIES HBO has EVER aired! 

You're not fooling anyone by suggesting your app offers the same!

Contributor
blyea

I'm dropping my comcast triple play down to double play in anticipation of dropping comcast altogether.  Gotta get my phone switched to ooma first.  Too bad they won't let me watch the content that I pay for in the way that I want to.  aka roku.

Contributor

ComcastJoe;  Are you a Comcast employee or a Comcast customer?   I remember when Comcast changed its email service. There was a guy on the forum that just did favors for Comcast to make response that tried to dodge concerns.   He was just a Comcast customer that Comcast used rather than pay for an employee.  Comcast didn't provide him with the necessary information he needed to respond to the other customer's concerns.

Comcast does not let HBO Go stream to a customer's TV through an Xbox 360, a Roku, or any Internet ready television.  Here's the HBO Go link for you to see for yourself.  http://www.hbogo.com/activate/#affiliate_grid  Many television providers other than Comcast are listed on that link.

This thread is filled with dozens of unhappy Comcast customers that want the ability for HBO GO to be streamed to their TVs (TELEVISIONS).  It's been mentioned too many times that they DO NOT want HBO Go any other way.  Please pass these concerns up the food chain.

Contributor
KiloWattson

He doesn't care. He's being paid to sit back and copy/paste boilerplate responses.

Regular Contributor
jhusosky

ComcastJoe,

You are breave to dump the party line in here after 350 disgruntaled posts.

People really want their HBOGO on their TV via ROKU, SmartTV and XBOX.

Allowing this access only requires your company checking a box on HBO's provider portal to allow it.

As stated everywere here XfinityTV access does not provide the same content as HBOGO.

I hear Comcast has done a nice job with the XfinityTV app for XBOX and treating it as video not charging peoples GB limit for the usage is cool too. But this does nothing for the other two camps of people ROKU and SmarTV.

You really want people to stop cutting the cord offer things that require us to KEEP YOU like HBOGO and God forbid working with SmarTV and ROKU to produce a XfinityTV app for you, and while your at it you could also not count the usage against the GB limit.

These are things that will keep your company a live not spell it's doom like they seem to think.

Regular Contributor

Comcast Joe is a JOKE!  As I mentioned previously, complaining here doesn't get anywhere.  There needs to be a vibrant Facebook area to get the right attention.  It's very interesting how Mr Joe removes any FB links as soon as they are posted? It's nice to see that Samsung owners are also sharing the grief too.  I would expect to see other TV manufactures provide a similar/competing group of apps on their sets soon too.  Sooner or later they will need to cave in to their customers. 

Contributor

On the bottom left of each post there's a link to report inappropriate content.  If you feel Comcast Joe's comment was irrelevent to the true issue and just fueled the fire report him.  All he did was to provide negtive feedback directed to Comcast.   I doubt if he's a Comcast employee. I did.