New Visitor
watsot1

Samsung Smart TV HBO GO

My Samsung smart TV auto downloaded the HBO GO app.  After giving up after 1hr on comcast tech support trying to find why I can not enter the HBO GO activation number from my computer.  I have found Comcast does not support HBO GO.  Hopefully this post will save some one some time from comcast tech support as it was useless for me.  As a side note I wonder how many Samsung Smart TV owners are out there.  My TV started auto downloading the HBO GO app as soon as I hit the internet button on my remote.  It looks to be an awsome app.  To bad comcast does not support it.

Visitor
khoww

Re: Samsung Smart TV HBO GO

I'm in the same boatAfter getting very excited when the app loaded on our Samsung TV as we had previously tried to access HBO GO through the browser unsuccessfully, we found out that Comcast does not support itI'm writing to them to request this service, I'm posting here, and I encourage others to do the sameVerizon does support this service and as soon as their service is available in my neighborhood/building, I'm switching unless Comcast can stay up to date with technology offerings.

Visitor
khoww

Additional information, per HBO GO's site (http://www.hbogo.com/#signup/), the following providers do support HBO GO through Samsung Internet Connected TVs: AT&T U-Verse, BendBroadband, Blue Ridge Comm., Charter, Cox, DIRECTV, DISH Network, Massillon Cable/Clear Picture, RCN, Suddenlink, Verizon FiOS, WOW!

Visitor

Just finished talking to 'Linda' at Comcast Xfinity apps department (1-877-599-1845).  There is currently no app for HBO Go and the Samsung Smart TV.  Suggest you call her and add your name to the list of 'unhappy' Comcast customers, also you might try the "contact us link" and do the same thing.  I think it may be worth the trouble.

Visitor
khoww

If she meant there is currently no Comcast app for HBO GO and Samsung TVs, I agree with thatIf Linda told you that there is no HBO GO app for Samsung TVs, then Comcast reps are obviously misinformedThanks for the phone number, I will call them to verbally voice my opinionI have also used the contact us link to communicate my opinion via email as such:

"Is there any timeline for Comcast/Xfinity to support the HBO GO app through Samsung Smart TVs? It appears that a number of other providers are supporting this currently (AT&T U-Verse, BendBroadband, Blue Ridge Comm., Charter, Cox, DIRECTV, DISH Network, Massillon Cable/Clear Picture, RCN, Suddenlink, Verizon FiOS, WOW!). I'm writing as a subscriber letting my service provider know that I expect to have access to this service and other new technologies as they're available."

Contributor

I put a message on Xfinity's facebook wall and here's the response...I think the response is incorrect.  First, I belive the Samsung 8000 is flash enabled.  2nd, the Ipad apps for HBO Go and Xfinity work fine and that's not flash. 

• HBO Go will only work with flash-enabled Samsung Smart TV's

At CES 2012, Samsung and Comcast announced that the Xfinity TV app will launch on select 2012 model flash-enabled Samsung Smart TVs. At launch, the app will provide Xfinity TV customers access to a wide selection of On Demand movies and TV shows from top networks and studios, directly from their TV set.
  • Darren Goldberg I believe the Samsung 8000 is flash enabled. The app works fine with Verizon and others...just not xfinity. Plus....the iPad is not flash and HBO go (and xfinity app) works fine.
New Visitor
MidCT

Samsung TV and HBOGO

I have a Samsung Smart TV (7000 D Series).

The TV automatically downloaded the HBO GO app, yet when activating the app, XFINITY/Comcast or whatever you call yourselves now is NOT listed.

I pay for HBO and want all available options.

Because I have read other posts asking why is there a need for an app on a TV connected to a set top box, it is because XFINITY/Comcast "On Demand" does NOT have all that the HBO GO site has.

Thank you...

New Visitor
MidCT

Samsung TV and XFINITY/Comcast app

I have a Samsung Smart TV (7000 D Series).

i cannot find an XFINITY/Comcast or whatever you call yourselves now app for the TV.

I would like to see an app that connects to the XFINITY/Comcast online TV selections.

I have heard that there is an app that allows for DVR control. Since my DVR apparently is NOT supported for remote control and will not be in the near future (according to phone support), THAT is not what I need.

Because I have read other posts asking why is there a need for an app on a TV connected to a set top box, it is because XFINITY/Comcast "On Demand" does NOT have all that the XFINITY/Comcast site has.

Thank you...

New Visitor
mk1213

I was able to download the app on my samsung tv and get the code... then when on my laptop on the hbo go site there is no option for comcast on list of supporting cable providers. Maybe HBO forgot to update their site with comcast as an option? 

Regular Contributor
shadowplay0918

Comcast at this point is not allowing HBO Go to be used on Samsung Smart TV's (they have also stopped it from being used on Roku devices since November - very long thread about it)...

New Visitor
verticalbones

So Comcast, is our only option to take our business to Verizon who canvas our neighborhood all the time in order to get HBO GO on our Samsung TVs?

If not, when WILL you be supporting it. I assume if 10 of your competitors offer the service, it must not be that difficult to support, nor is it difficult to switch.

New Visitor
Mrmicrophone

Add me to the (long) list of Samsung Smart TV owners / HBO subscribers who isn't happy with Comcast's lack of support.
New Visitor

Comcast wants you to pay for Xfinity TV and Internet to get HBOGo  They can't let you use any old internet provider on your Samsung Smart TV to get HBOGo

New Visitor
Mrmicrophone

Probably true, but I AM a subscriber with HBO and have their internet service. The iPad HBO Go application works fine, but the Samsung app. won't validate for Comcast. Comcast just needs to extend the service just like Charter.

New Visitor
segways

I too have a Samsung smart tv and was excited when the HBO GO app finally came out. I was quickly disappointed when I found out that Comcast doesn't support it. Take a look at the following article. Comcast also doesn't support the HBO GO app on the Roku device.

http://gigaom.com/video/hbo-go-for-roku-comcast-directv/

Quote from article:

"Furthermore, there’s no contractual reason Comcast or DirecTV users can’t access the Roku app. A person with knowledge of the situation told us there are no amendments needed for those companies to authenticate with one device or another, and the decision to support different devices — or not — is up to the operator."

Here is the message I just sent to Comcast:

Please enable the HBO GO app for Samsung Smart TV's. Your competitors in the Albuquerque area offer access to the HBO GO app (DirectTV & Dish), but Comcast does not. Please enable it. I would appreciate a response as to if and when Comcast will enable this feature.  If not, I will switch to DirectTV or Dish. Thank you.

New Visitor
xfinTX

Count me in.  Extremely frustrated.  Generally I am happy with my internet and cable package, but considering HBO is the majority of what I watch it is extremely disappointing that comcast does not allow HBOGO.  I spent good money choosing my setup of a samsung tv, and then putting internet and samsung in my movie room.  Your lack of historical programming for your HD on Demand is the reason we all want the HBO GO app approved by comcast.   HBOGO on my Ipad is not what I am looking for.  I want it on my big screens.

Get with the program...

And thanks.

New Visitor
DavidSolo

As a long standing Comcast customer - at least 20 years - I deserve an explanation as to why Comcast will not support HBOGO as a Sansung TV app.  Since I can access HBOGO from my desktop, laptop, and IPAD, it is totally inexplicable why it is not available for activation on my Samsung smart TV.  The least we deserve is a response from Comcast and a reasonable timeline for when it will occur!

New Visitor
apvermont

We pay for all the stuff..... comcast, hbo.... have it on the laptops and the ipad..... MAKES NO SENSE not to have it on the Samsung....

kinda peeved at Comcast    

not an unfamiliar feeling....

New Visitor
JesusChik

Re: Samsung TV and XFINITY/Comcast app

I too have the Samsung Smart TV (7000 D Series) Plasma and the app automatically downloaded via the Samsung Smart TV Platform the other day. What really annoys me is that Comcast supports HBOGo via phones & PC and a simple line of code which would take a minute to program is not being done. The framework is already there! You choose your provider and login via PC and Android but what gives on mobile or smart tv platforms? Please simply add Roku and Samsung TV users the ability to use the app for which they already pay for! I would be willing to bet the fix is a quick phone call to HBO tech dept to add the Comcast logo and login auth on the correct pages. Please Comcast, DO SOMETHING!

<><

Contributor
Fifth313ment

I have a Samsung Smart TV 8000 D Series Plasma which updated the other day with the app. I think this is a simple fix as many others have said but I don't think Comcast wants anything in the living room besides mobile (iPhone, Android, etc...) competing for their commercial space. They want you using their boxes and watching paid commercials, lol. I just can't see what should be one phone call from Comcast to HBO to fix this. It's HBO's content and they already are allowing Comcast to share it via their network but Comcast is blocking it? I can't figure it out but it should be fixed ASAP!

Thanks,

5th

Visitor

HBO GO on Samsun Smart TV

I want HBO GO on my Samsung Smart TV! For some reason it is not available through Comcast. I am an HBO subscriber

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: HBO GO on Samsun Smart TV

[ Edited ]

comcast blocks all access to hbo go through anything other than the cable box or an apple mobile device.  you are going to have to call them to ask them why that is.

New Visitor
CuriousLily

ETA on HBOGO on Samsung TVs

Any eta on the availability of hbogo on Samsung TV's? Since I am already paying an obscene amount of money on my cable/internet bill as it is...I actually expect comcast oh xfinity whatever you guys call yourselves now to be on the ball when it comes to these things....

New Visitor
_snafu

Re: ETA on HBOGO on Samsung TVs

Yeah. I was shocked to find that Comcast/Xfinity was not on the list. What's the deal comcast?

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

I live in South Florida and have been using HBOGO for over a year without any problems.

New Visitor
New Visitor
PBI

I live in South Florida too.  Have you been able to use HBO GO on your Samsung Smart TV?

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

Did you go to the Samsung app store? I tried to google it, but couldn't find HBOGO on their list of apps.

I use it on my computer, IPhone and Ipad.

New Visitor
kpoak

I would also like to be able to watch HBO go on my tv; in my case thru Roku device.  Comcast, hope you're listening to your customers.

New Visitor
jlash

I would also like this option on my Samsung Smart TV.  Let's face it.  We are all held hostage by a cable provider that doesn't respond to customer demand due to limited options in the areas that they service.  This will make it very simple for competitors that actually respond to customer demand to move in.  I just wish they would do this faster in my area.  If FIOS or AT&T UVerse expand in my area, I will switch in seconds!

Visitor
daboo17

HBO GO and Samsung SMART TV

I have two Samsung Smart Televisions and when I try to use the HBOGO app, I am not given xfinity or comcast as one of the cable or satellite choices.  I am paying close to $200 a month for xfinity service and HBO as well as others and I expect to be able to use those services I am paying for.  When will comcast/xfinity integrate with HBOGo and Samsung Smart Television. This seems inexcusable if DISH (and they make Comcast look competent!) can do it? Please advise.

Visitor
daboo17

I too have Samsung Smart Televisions in my home, HBO and internet from Comcast, and I cannot get the activate device link to work as it should.  Presently paying over $200 per month to Comcast and I believe EVERY service is warranted for such an exorbitant amount of money.  I lived in one of the most expensive areas in the country (Hamptons Long Island) and did not pay what Comcast St, Augustine is charging, and I cannot access HBO GO even though I pay for HBO.  I am looking at Satellite, already have one installed, just need to turn the service back on if Comcast cannot get their act together.  Tick, Tick, . . ..

New Visitor
dhuber28

Comcast, please allow HBO Go on my Roku / Samsung TV / XBOX.  Other cable providers in my area (Uverse, DirecTV AND DISH) allow this, why don't you?

It's because of stupid decisions like these that you were named the WORST COMPANY IN AMERICA.

I encourage you to reconsider.

New Visitor
dhuber28

Re: HBO GO on Samsun Smart TV

Comcast, please allow HBO Go on my Roku / Samsung TV / XBOX.  Other cable providers in my area (Uverse, DirecTV AND DISH) allow this, why don't you?

It's because of stupid decisions like these that you were named the WORST COMPANY IN AMERICA.

New Visitor
dhuber28

New Visitor
A16b14

I also spent an hour to find out there were no plans for comcast to enable HBO GO. Not happy. All other major providers offer it. What's th deal? I'm paying over 200 dollars a month!
Contributor
mirosco

HBO Go now works for XBOX 360 but not Roku devices and not for Samsung Smart TV.

Its great if you have an Xbox 360 but not if you only have a Roku or Samsung Smart TV.

Its progress but there is still more for Comcast to do to make everyone feel like they are getting value for their subscritions.

New Visitor
MinosB

Adding my "me too" to this forum.  Where is Comcast rep who should be answering this question for us?  The xbox thread hit 7 pages and finally saw some resolution from Comcast.  Good for them, but that still leaves a segment of the userbase disabled.  Even a "we're working on it" or "we're in negotiations" or "we've decided the answer is no" would be helpful.

ComcastJoe - you out there?

Thanks

New Visitor
MinosB

This reply from customer care via email today.  As you can see it doesn't answer the question at all, which seems typically for the Live Help chat sessions I saw posted on the xbox thread.  I honestly have no idea what "Online TV through Partner Sites" is supposed to be, but it certainly doesn't sound like HBOGo via Samsung TV app.

----------

My name is Edmon and I want to thank you for contacting Comcast Cable Email Support, where our customers come first. I want you to know that we are committed to provide you an exceptional and unparalleled customer service. You have reached the right person and I can definitely help you resolve your issue.

I understand that you would like to access HBO Go on Samsung TV and Roku devices. I certainly understand how important it is for you to have this Online TV service be available to all devices to suit your viewing needs. I will be glad to assist you with this matter. Rest assured that I will provide the information you need about Online TV through Partner Sites.

We have partnered with our programming providers to create Online TV through Partner Sites. It is a new way for customers to enjoy video online. Online TV through Partner Sites provides our cable and high-speed internet customers with access to additional television shows, movies and other special content through television providers not available to the general public.

HBO GO is available online and via mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.) as of this time. Similar to XFINITY TV and XFINITY TV application, customers can view and stream content to specific devices. The difference is that this content is provided by the content provider, such as HBO or TNT and not Comcast.

We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with your opinion on how to improve our Online TV service. You could submit comments, suggestions, or any concerns that you might have for the services by using the customer feedback form. This will ensure that your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate members of our development and management teams for further review and action.

Your feedback is important to us as we strive to improve our products, services, and overall customer experience. Please click the link below to access the form.

http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx

I hope this resolves this issue to your satisfaction with the information I provided within this e-mail

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to email us back or by contacting us again via live chat:

http://www.comcastsupport.com/chat

The Comcast Customer Guarantee is our promise that we will deliver a superior customer experience every day, and it reflects the confidence we have in our products and services, our network and especially our employees. One of the ways this benefits you as a customer is that we're here for you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions at your convenience.

To ensure that the time you will spend online is as short as possible, I would suggest that you have the following pieces of information ready:

1. Name on the account 2. Address where service is provided and mailing address if different 3. Telephone number associated with the account 4. One of the following: 4.1 Last four digits of the Account holder's Social Security Number 4.2 Security Code 4.3 Account Number 4.4 Amount and date of most recent payment made on the account 4.5 Services listed on the account.

Please take note of this reference number should you contact us again regarding the same issue: 9489583.

Thank you for choosing Comcast and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to reply to your e-mail and thanks for being a valued Comcast customer.

Sincerely,

Edmon Comcast Customer Care Specialist

https://www.comcastsupport.com/chat Original Message Follows: ------------------------ The following information was submitted from the Comcast Web site: Re: Web Form Submission: General Inquiry/Other

- Problem: General Inquiry/Other

Comments: When will you allow HBOGO application functionality on Samsung TVs / Roku devices?  It''s ridiculous that you block this.  I don''t want to use HBO On Demand, it''s a subset of the HBOGO library.  Other carriers provide this functionality, it doesn''t require anything from you other than to allow your subscribers the same access THAT WE''RE ALREADY PAYING FOR.  Honestly the only reason I haven''t dumped you for DirecTV over this situation is that I don''t want an ugly dish on my house.

Regular Contributor
shadowplay0918

They want you to spend $200 on an Xbox and another $40-$50 on Xbox live...it looks like they will continue to block Roku and Samsung Smart Tv's from accessing HBO Go...

New Visitor
BocaP

Just get this done. Other providers (Dish, AT&T, DirectTV) all have it available where I live, but not Comcast. Fix this, or I will have to go elsewhere.

New Visitor
LOTPDogtraining

Just bought a brand new Samsung Smart TV and was really looking forward to using the HBOGo feature, as I am a subscriber already with Comcast, and was very dissappointed to discover Comcast has not enabled it on Smart TVs! I want this service as I already pay for HBO and certainly spend enough of my hard earned cash on Comcast.

If Comcast does not enable this for Smart TVs from Samsung then I will be taking my business to Directv. HBOGo is worth it on its own IMO.

New Visitor
backell

It's not an issue of using HBO Go, it's an issue of it not being availalbe on the Samsung Smart TV with Comcast. Two differen things. I can use it on my PC, but not my TV. 

New Visitor
backell

There's an obvious reason why Comcast doesn't want to do this. If you're not able to get it on your TV service, there's a reason why. You (like me) are not paying for one of their digital cable boxes. Instead you have a Tivo or something else. 

The reason that Comcast doesn't want to do it is that your $200.00 isn't enough. They want you to fork over anotehr $15.00 a month for their box. 

Just more "good business" from Comcast showing how much they appreciate their customers. 

Visitor
khoww

That's not exactly it.  They're not allowing access to it through the Samsung Smart TV platform and other specific devices.  I have their DVR box and pay for mothly HBO service.  As previous posters have stated, they just haven't 'flipped the switch' to allow access to HBO GO through the Samsung Smart TV apps for people who are already paying for the HBO service.

New Visitor
Mrmicrophone

I kind of have to agree euth backell. The difference between my Samsung TV and my iPad is that Comcast does rent a box I could connect to my tv, but not to my other devices. So yes, if they let me use HBO go on my tv, I wouldn't need to pay for an on demand box. It still isn't good business...
New Visitor
mk1213

Can't view HBOGo on the xbox either (if you have comcast)

Regular Contributor
shadowplay0918

You should be able to as of the other day....

New Visitor
gspp

Yeah so pretty disappointed that this ap does not work with Comcast but hardly surprised by their continuous and overzealous attempts to manipulate or overmanage direct content access through other systems besides their own.

I am going to hook my laptop up to the TV and view old episodes of HBO Series that way.  Will not be as good quality but still a workaround in spite of Comcast.

Contributor
CologneFF

[ Edited ]

Add me to the list of disappointed customers with a 200 dollar triple play package frustrated I am not able to get HBOGO on my samsung smart TV.

P.S.- If your looking at baseball packages, MLB.tv  offered in samsung apps is WAY better on the samsung TV, as all games are in full 1080p HD and its 50 dollars a season cheaper than the comcast "MLB extra Innings" package for 199 that ONLY offers SD and fewer games.

Regular Contributor
shadowplay0918

The following was posted on fb by a Comcast rep when someone asked about HBO Go on Roku:

"...we’re committed to making content available in more ways across more devices. We did launched on Xbox, we’ll soon launch on Samsung Connected TVs, and there will be more devices and platforms to come.
And right now HBO content ..."

Looks like its coming...