New Visitor
sharonaly

Says I need a subscription to watch...

[ Edited ]

I have comcast. i am supposed to be able to watch live streaming CNN, but the mmessage says I need a subscription. Wah?

New Visitor
Charlton4306

Xfinity TV online error- subscription required?

Recently moved services to my new home, and was able to watch tv online for the first week or so. Now, I cannot access channels like AMC,A&E,BBC,TLC ect. Whenever I try, it says that a "subscription is required". I can watch these channels on my tv, but not online?

I have tried changing browsers, clearing cache/ cookies, updating silverlight, signing in and out, ect. Also, since moving..my address has not changed on my account and I still have my previous address listed which is incorrect. Perhaps that has something to do with it? I appreciate any tips or advice.

New Visitor
ekandler

Re: Xfinity TV online error- subscription required?

I have the same issue, please help!
Regular Visitor
reidecb

Re: Says I need a subscription to CNN?

I've got the same issues.  Says I need a subscription to premium channels, etc, all of which I have.  Additionally, Xfinity tv on line does not work at all--video starts playback then stops and flips to the tv ratings screen and just sits there.  Please, Comcast, get on this. 

Official Employee
ComcastTony

Please provide the info from this page: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer

The provider codes section will give some insight into what the system believes you are subscribed to.

Thanks,
Tony
Regular Visitor
reidecb

Still having the same problems...now, the loading video screen comes up and just sits there.

Contributor
junjiexu

comcast.net says HBO is not part of your subscriptions but I have HBO

I have HBO as part of the package. I can watch it on the TV and I can use the XOD to watch the previous HBO shows and Movies. However, when I try to watch it on the computer, it keep saying  HBO is not part of your subscriptions. I read this forum, and saw the similar issues. I checked using the URL: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer  and this is what it said in the web page:

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 149 My Map ID: 288 My Persona ID: 5306 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: true Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 67.184.43.181 My operating system: Windows - rv:25.0 My web browser: Firefox 25 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20913.0 My Flash version: 11.9.900 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (1888 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Dec 26 2013 09:29:58 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Thu Dec 26 2013 09:29:57 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: cy, ix, iy, it, b, ei, ir, bh, cj, gx, d Internet Subscriber: false Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false Please advise what am I missing.
Thank you.
New Visitor
fizzixs

Re: comcast.net says HBO is not part of your subscriptions but I have HBO

Did you ever get this resolved, I'm having the same problem but Comcast support can't seem to fix it?

Contributor
junjiexu

No. I have been calling these so many times for the last week. Does not seem like anyone can fix it. I saw someone here has similar issue, so I am just trying my luck here. This should be a simple setting somewhere they need to update. When i try to click on the button "Get HBO", the site is telling me I do have subscriptions (which is correct). So i click on "Go on watching", then the same error message comes back. does not matter what i do i tried different computers, differnet browsers, the cookie setting, etc. Nothing works. Therefore, I believe this is something on the Comecast site that needs to be enabled. Not from my side.

I am just waiting for someone from comecast to have the technical knowledge to fix this issue.

Official Employee
ComcastTony

Contributor
junjiexu

I tried both links. They are giving me different messages.

For "Curb-Your-Enthusiasm" link, i am getting:

HBO is not part of your subscriptions.

In order to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, you need a subscription to HBO.

1. Get HBO
  2. Learn More

When I click on "Get HBO", I am getting:

Good news!
You already have HBO on Demandas part of your XFINITY subscription. Go forth and watch.

Then when i go forth and watch, it shows me the original error message again.

=================================

For "Snow White and the Huntsm" link, I am getting message as:

Snow White and the Huntsm... is only available to XFINITY customers with a subscription to Cinemax On Demand.

Want to subscribe to Cinemax On Demand for 10 dollars/mo/12mos?

I did not click on the link as i don't want to subscribe to the channel

Thank you.

Contributor
junjiexu

I also should be able to view Streampix online as well. I am having the same issue for Streampix as for HBO. Thank you.

New Visitor
JenRich33

I'm having the same problem with my online TV options too. I can't watch anything online. I'm getting the same message "you have to have a subscription to ___ to view this" then I click on it and it says "Good news! you're already subscribed.!"  It's an enless loop of errors.  Very frustrating!

Official Employee
ComcastTony

junjiexu wrote:

I tried both links. They are giving me different messages.

For "Curb-Your-Enthusiasm" link, i am getting:

HBO is not part of your subscriptions.

In order to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, you need a subscription to HBO.

1. Get HBO
  2. Learn More

When I click on "Get HBO", I am getting:

Good news!
You already have HBO on Demandas part of your XFINITY subscription. Go forth and watch.

Then when i go forth and watch, it shows me the original error message again.

=================================

For "Snow White and the Huntsm" link, I am getting message as:

Snow White and the Huntsm... is only available to XFINITY customers with a subscription to Cinemax On Demand.

Want to subscribe to Cinemax On Demand for 10 dollars/mo/12mos?

I did not click on the link as i don't want to subscribe to the channel

Thank you.

Thanks for this - I'll see if our QA teams can repro this problem. Can you also DM me your username you use to sign-in with?

Thanks,
Tony
Contributor
evaddd_

I've been having the same exact issue for several days now. I've only had comcast service for a few weeks now and this is the second time i've had this problem. The first time I went to the local comcast office and the problem was resolved, but now it's back. I tried calling support, the first time my call was disconnected. The second call the tech said that he would try refreshing my account and that it might take a half hour or so if it works and that he would call me back in an about an hour so see if it was fixed. It didn't work and he never called me back, very frustrating. 

If you find a fix or workaround for this, would you please let me know as well?

New Visitor
caldwelr

Says HBO is not part of my package when it is

Every time I try to watch something a screen pops up and says that I need to get HBO to watch.  When I click on "Get HBO" another screen pops up and tells me that I "already have HBO on Demand as part of [my] XFINITY subscription."

Contributor
Steve_in_FL

Re: Says HBO is not part of my package when it is

I have the exact same problem.  I have made repeated calls for service, and not one has been answered.  If I don't hear soon, I will refuse to pay my bill for something I am not receiving.  ARE YOU LISTENING COMCAST???

New Visitor
inspire22

I'm having the same problem.  It shows this

Provider Codes:Cy, Ix, Gr, Iy, It, B, Ei, A, Ir, Cj, Gx, D

New Visitor
build_assets

"You must be a Subscriber" error message - No Access to shows or On Demand online

System says "not a subscriber" to all channels when I attempt to play TV or On Demand online. I am logged in and I am a subscriber. I can't access any TV shows online.

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Dm, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, Fc, Eh, Gi, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Em, Ax, Bs, At, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Bi, Bj, Ce, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Ew, B, Dj, De, Ei, Fa, Ci, Fx, Gq, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Co, Gh, Jc, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Cg, Df, Cu, Fe, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Fn, Ff, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Ft, Bq, Da, Im, Fq, Fl, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc Internet Subscriber: False Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False         Says "Internet Subscriber = False", but I am an internet and TV subscriber. On Demand Online and TV Online not working. My profile: http://xfinity.comcast.net/profile/ shows the premium channels, etc. but system doesn't register me as a user, even though I'm logged in. I can get HBO and Showtime by going through their sites directly, but nothing will play through the Xfinity site. I'm trying to access any show through the Xfinity site. FYI: I'm logged onto the internet through a Hotel wi-fi connection. Please help. Thanks.

Official Employee
ComcastTony

Re: message

[ Edited ]

dtross5217 wrote:

I have showtime at my residence so why am I getting the no subscription message?

Please provide your comcast.net username - feel free to PM it to me if you would rather not have it listed in the forums.

Thanks,
Tony
New Visitor
davidDBG

HBO subscriber unable to access certain HBO content

My account is currently subscribed to HBO. I would very much like to watch the movie Broken City. Since early december or so I have looked for this in the XfinityTV online selection accessible to my account. I have continually gotten the little key saying you are not subscribed to this when I am. Today I was at work and saw that something went right because I was finally able to watch it. I went through half the movie using my works guest internet. Decided to go home and got that dam key again. It is a bit aggeravating to be cut off half way. I would appreciate this fixed.

New Visitor
jkjwzechman

Cannot watch live TV on my computer or access any available shows online

I called about this last night and they "reset" something or so they said (AFTER TALKING TO 6 DIFFERENT PEOPLE). Now tonight I have the same problem. I wanted to catch up with the last few episodes of a show that I like to watch. All three are available, but it says I have to pay to watch them. After they reset it, I watched one episode last night, and one tonight. Now I went back to it and it again says I have to pay to watch it. Then I went to try and watch Fox News Channel live and it says I am not subscribed to it, but I can watch it on my TV. So what is going on with Comcast/Xfinity service. I am about ready to dump it, but unfortunately there are no other options for where I live right now. What can I do to get this fixed before I totally lose it??

New Visitor
cszgirl

Re: Says I need a subscription to watch...

I am having the same issue, but with Oxygen.  I actually watched an episode of "Best Ink," then when I clicked on the link to watch the next episode, it says that I need a subscription, which I do have.  Any assistance is appreciated

New Visitor
KenMunro

I have Comcast and pay plenty. Why do I need another subscription?

New Visitor
Cassfla

WRONG.  All you need to do is reset license files on your Adobe Flash Player.

Try this link and click on "reset license files" and then confirm.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html

Restart your link to watch and it should work

New Visitor
jrgray

Need subscription to watch NBC & USA?

Starting today, Xfinity TV online says I have to "subscribe" to NBC and USA to watch programs online even though those channels are part of my TV package.  When I click on the "get USA" or "get NBC" link, I am taken to a basic sales page with no information at all on "subscriptions".  The Xfinity page shows I am logged into my Comcast account.

I understand this is coming from the networks themselves, but Comcast owns NBC so you would think that Comcast subscribers wouldn't have an issue streaming Comcast-owned content, wouldn't you?  

At least have a link that shows how to get or prove a 'subscription'.

New Visitor
jkjwzechman

WRONG....try again! Didn't work.

New Visitor
odieo

need subscription???

anyone getting the orange locked key when trying to watch a TBS show online??? it is rediculous that is says i need a subscription. I have one. I am watchintbs on my tv right now

New Visitor
sunnyblue538

Re: need subscription???

The same thing is happening to me.  Please fix.

New Visitor
princeak

Re: Need subscription to watch NBC & USA?

Almost the same exact scenario for me this morning as well, I have a digital preferred account and have been able to watch the channels I subscribe to on xfinityTV until today.  I tried to watch espn online and bravo online this morning and it keeps saying that I need to subscribe, even though I'm signed into my account which I've been using to watch programs online for months. 

New Visitor
rpaxton01

Yeah, i am getting the same thing for HBO online. I am already a subscriber of HBO.

New Visitor
sadeear

I'm getting the same thing for Disney Channel online. Need Subscription. Then I call to find out why and spend 30 minutes on hold. transfered from tc to internet back to tv then customer service.. they haven't a clue what's going on. I'm so frustrated because I'm away from home due to the weather and my kids just want DISNEY.. come on... I PAY FOR THIS.

New Visitor
bandit1105

I have identical issues.  Let me watch half of a Major Crimes episode then locked me out.  But let me watch all of Blue Bloods.  Just tried Major Crimes again - load up the initial commercial, says loading the video, shows the tv rating and then goes no where.  For what we pay for services this is robbery.  Anyone find a solution - and it's not the pc cause it's happened on two different systems both of which are new.

New Visitor
cschnauf

Re: Says I need a subscription?

I'm experiencing some of the same issues. The zip code is wrong in the info below...could that have something to do with it?

My Device Information

My Zip Code:19103My Cable Provider:Not InstalledUse Dac:FalseMy Conroller ID:UnknownMy Map ID:UnknownMy Persona ID:1My myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Watchlist setup:FalseFacebook Watchlist Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:98.220.180.231My operating system:IPhone/IPod - UndefinedMy web browser:Safari 6 - Mozilla/5.0 (IPhone; CPU IPhone OS 6_1_3 Like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25My system type:IPhoneMy Silverlight version:UnknownMy Flash version:Not Installed - Flash Install Required. Please Click Here To Install NowJavascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled (202 Bytes).
Time Information

My Clock Time:Sun Jan 05 2014 11:58:38 GMT-0500 (EST)Server Clock Time:Sun Jan 05 2014 11:58:39 GMT-0500 (EST)
Parents: Parental Controls Parental Resources
New Visitor
BillHenderson2

Re: Xfinity TV online error- subscription required?

Ditto here.

New Visitor
marniemg

I'm suddenly unable to watch NBC on-line.  It says I need a subscription.  I can watch NBC on television but suddenly not on-line.  What???  However, say with "Parenthood" on NBC, I can watch past shows, but not the most recent...again, telling me I need a subscription.  What?  Can anyone help?

New Visitor
wharri63

I pay for streampix but I can never view any of the videos on TV. I can online but never have been able to from the TV.

New Visitor
eroop

Re: Says I need a subscription to watch...NBCSN

I am getting the same message when trying to watch NBCSN. I have used the service many times before (and as recently as 3 days ago) with no problems. I am watching on the TV so obviously I have the channel.

I spoke on the phone with a cable rep and he said he didn't see anything wrong, and would send me to billing. I spoke with billing and they said everything looks right on their end and said they would send me to cable!?

Nothing has changed about our account in a long time, so not sure what the problem is. Please help. Thanks.

Contributor
dixiewitch

this is still going on. and has progressed to all channels. i have comcast cable (xfinity in charlottesville va) and it has started doing it on dang near all the channels. we tried reseting, all the tons of things they said to do. and guess what nope not stopping. but still a issues. please fix it. can't watch it in my room at all. i tell them its my cable box. but no one will listen. 

Contributor
dixiewitch

My Device Information

My Zip Code:22901My Cable Provider:Not InstalledUse Dac:FalseMy Conroller ID:25My Map ID:12My Persona ID:11003My myDVR Manager Status:ActivatedMy Set Top Box Names: DVR Living RmMy Watchlist setup:FalseFacebook Watchlist Syncing:TrueFacebook Connect:TrueMy public IP address:50.134.14.241My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 32 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.102 Safari/537.36My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Silverlight version:5.1.20913.0My Flash version:12.0.0Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled (2145 Bytes).
Time Information

My Clock Time:Sat Feb 01 2014 17:02:18 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)Server Clock Time:Sat Feb 01 2014 17:02:12 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:FalsePrimary Account:TrueProvider Codes:S, Cy, Du, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Dd, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Jg, Gf, Bu, By, Ax, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Ir, Gh, Dp, Gn, Jc, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Id, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ek, Ia, Cz, Cr, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Bx, Dw, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Ft, Bq, G, Jk, Aw, Dc, Dl, Jl, Da, Im, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Dk, Dq, Fg, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Hs, Eg, Cc, JiInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:True

New Visitor
Theguyinhere

This issue isn't going to go away or get fixed until it happens to an executive at comcast. It's such a simple fix that they constantly overlook it. USE COOKIES PROACTIVELY! When you log into comcast it automatically saves a cookie. Use the same cookie as a license for content. (I.E.. List approved content providers). Then when you go to access a movie or other content it scans the cookie for Content= (true-false) so when you try to access HBO the cookie says (HBO[or whatever the code is]=true(or false) soooooooo easy. It just requires you to enable cookies and to sign back in once in awhile to replace the cookie if it gets erased. 99% of websites use this method to show subscribed content. As for the other issues with failed/missing/frozen content you can actually get to?... Easy, hire competent programmers. I am sure there are enough trying to get into netflix/youtube/hulu etc. that some are still looking for work. As for Comcast(XXX) service reps, remember they are not able to fix anything. All they can do is report problems and read back a cue sheet they are given by management. NOTHING GETS FIXED IN A MONOPOLY UNTIL IT STARTS LOSING THE COMPANY MONEY. And lets face it when you effectively have only one choice in your town for content and/or access IT'S A MONOPOLY.  For better or worse it's going to remain that way until the providers are forced to get better or lose customers. I will probably get chastised for this rant. however all I have written here is from my personal experience and your mileage may vary. Since I don't watch enough TV online, for me it's not an issue. However it frustrates my family when they try to do so and get these issues. I have given up ever getting what's advertised and am grateful to get 90% of it. However I still hate the inflated bill. --- Online in the NW

Contributor
bryanu

Add another user to this list.

Comcast doesn't seem to care. You charge me for a service and advertise I can use it online yet online say I don't subscribe to the service.

I can't watch some NBC, ABC, Fox etc. shows yet these are BASIC channels and included in EVERY package.

Worst is I can't even go to like abc.com to watch anything because it says I have to sign in to verify I subscribe, yet when I sign in comcast informs them I don't and boom, no watching.

Why hasn't this thread gotten any updates from Comcast? What's the status here?

New Visitor
gp_incident

Adding my voice to list. "Need subscription to watch" message happened to me last night for the first time. I got the message when I tried to access free movies. Then again when I tried American Pickers. Seeing how many other people are complaining about the same thing, at least I'm glad its not something wrong with my particular system.

Listen to your customers Comcast and fix the problem.

New Visitor
CHRISUPERFLY

[ Edited ]

Same here, tried watching streaming xfinity and get the same message as those before me.

New Visitor
cwgorman

Same thing is happening to me.

New Visitor
stumpyjar

[ Edited ]

asdf

New Visitor
wmradio

I'm getting the same here. the ...you need a subscription... message. It's happening for normal channels and HBO (to which I already have a subscription).

This is the second time this has happened.

New Visitor
rileymb

did anyone ever reply ?

New Visitor
gatorfly

I am getting the same thing. Has there been any resolution? Why doesn't Comcast just provide a phone number to call, or at least try to resolve issues like this so that we can get the service we are already paying for?

New Visitor
elmad_therose

I am getting the same error message. I was watching CNN on my laptop all morning, as I have many times, and suddenly within the last hour I lost programming and have the message: 

CNN is not part of your subscriptions.

In order to watch CNN, you need a subscription to CNN.

I think you have a glitch Comcast.